Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:00 pm 
Bruce Comben

With Campo back from Suspension this week, who do you reckon will get the chop???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

I think a couple of players will think themselves unlucky this week.

Agree with Synbad that Eddie could use some ground time in the VFL, not because he has done anything wrong but so he can keep his skills tuned and gain some experience at the same time.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

tough call but I think it will be Boyer - the only change barring injury.

Post subject: B4E
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

No way 4. Burgoyne was shredding us until Bowyer put the slows on him.Cant nominate who it will be to get the chop,but Chisel has got to retain his spot on last weeks cameo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Is Campo back?

i thought he'd had surgery.

In any event, I agree that Bowyer was instrumental on Saturday. Burgoyne was killing us until the little workhorse went on him. Slashing game from Bowyer. Doesn't deserve to go.

Neither does Johnstone.

Perhaps Waite (give him some two's time to work on his disposal) or maybe we just can't fit him in!

Eddie should play in WA.

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We'll need Waite's pace and versatility more than we need Betts and I'd give Camporeale 1 game in the reserves to dwell on how little leadership he showed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

Davies might be a candidate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Not with TrublueBrad on his bandwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Good call Bowyer did well on Burgoyne.

Davies deserves a game before Eddy as much as I think his pace would be beneficial I think Ed needs a full 4 quaters in the Ants.

Overall good problem to have when most deserve a game.

Keeping in mind barring injury Thornton and Scotland wil be back soon as well so the pressure is on Bowyer, Johnston, Davies and others to keep performing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Thankfully I think Pagan agrees with me that he's worth persisting with. Showed some good signs again Saturday night.

I feel he's one of those players that just needs some time and encouragement.

If Campo is ready to come back then he's an auto selection, no 2's for him. Dropping someone is tough. Betts maybe needs a full game. I'd have thought Bentick was pushing again, noticed he was in the best again for the Bullants. Going to be an interesting selection this week.

Edit: Fullants....Bullants :roll:

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Last edited by TruBlueBrad on Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:50 pm 
Bob Chitty

Quote:
I'd have thought Bentick was pushing again, noticed he was in the best again for the Fullants.

And with the increased need for speed in WA, you'd have thought Simpson & Bannister might be worth the promotion for this weekends game, given their good form last weekend. If the match committee were picking the team this week using a "horses for courses" philosophy, perhaps these 2 should be promoted along with Campo for an unlucky Wiggins, Bowyer & Johnston. It won't happen, but just a thought to consider.

If there were just the one change, perhaps Bowyer to be dropped for Campo (although I was very happy with Bowyers performance on Sat night).

I still reckon Betts would need to put in a couple of poor games in a row before being dropped. He's likely to come out any time now & kick a bag of 4 or 5 - I say keep playing him! (& for more than 35 minutes please Dennis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
And with the increased need for speed in WA, you'd have thought Simpson & Bannister might be worth the promotion for this weekends game, given their good form last weekend. If the match committee were picking the team this week using a "horses for courses" philosophy, perhaps these 2 should be promoted along with Campo for an unlucky Wiggins, Bowyer & Johnston. It won't happen, but just a thought to consider.

yep your right , there is no way that will happen

Wiggins , Johnson (JOHNSON everybody!!!) and Bowyer were three of the best last week , would be very cruel to drop them.

Campo in for Betts most likely - still cruel though but.... what else can be done?
Thornton surely cant be back but if he is theres another problem.

its all too hard

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Well if Synbad has anything to do with it Campo could come in an replace anyone of the following players.

Fritz Strobel, Jean-Luc Cretier, Tommy Moe, Patrick Ortlieb, Alberto Tomba, Pirmin Zurbriggen, Bill Johnson, Leonhard Stock,Franz Klammer, Bernhard Russi, Jean-Claude Killy. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

I think:

In: Camporeale
Out: Betts

I'd maybe try and get Bannister in there and put him on Pavlich, did well on him over there last season. Maybe for an out of sorts Cory McGrath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:36 pm 
John Nicholls

It'll be either Davies or Betts.

Most likely Betts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:50 am 
Rod McGregor

Campo is no certainty after surgery. But if there is to be an omission, Eddie may well be the one. I was an early boarder on the Eddie bandwagon, so I would not be upset if he gets another go. But I would not be dismayed if he were selected for the Bullants instead.

Remember that he has never played VFL football. It will be a new experience for him. It would also be an opportunity to kick a bag on a senior player to pump up his confidence. He won't have to deal with the most talented (and usually toughest) small defender on the list of our opponents. The feast or famine nature of the FP role results in a waning of confidence even in battle-hardened players, let alone a debutant.

He will also be able to play in a midfield rotation, which will expand his horizons.

It would have been nice for him to play in WA. But I have no doubt that Pagan is ruthless enough to overlook such sentimental matters. He might include him as an emergency, however, and take him over to WA so he can get a trip back there to see his family using the club's money rather than his own (while preserving his right, if any, to free reunion trips under the relocation allowance). Then everyone would be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:37 am 
Geoff Southby

The Vet wrote:
Is Campo back?

In any event, I agree that Bowyer was instrumental on Saturday. Burgoyne was killing us until the little workhorse went on him. Slashing game from Bowyer. Doesn't deserve to go.

Neither does Johnstone.

Perhaps Waite (give him some two's time to work on his disposal) or maybe we just can't fit him in!

Eddie should play in WA.

Waite has had about 15 shots at goal and is leading the marks - he's our true CHF at the moment, allowing ADL and Red to play closer to goal to be more effective. We can bag his kicking, but his importance to the team is huge. One of our most important players, no way will he find his way to the VFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:01 am 
Harry Vallence

molsey wrote:
The Vet wrote:
Is Campo back?

Neither does Johnstone.

Eddie should play in WA.

Waite has had about 15 shots at goal and is leading the marks - he's our true CHF at the moment, allowing ADL and Red to play closer to goal to be more effective. We can bag his kicking, but his importance to the team is huge. One of our most important players, no way will he find his way to the VFL.

It's not just his kicking, its his handball. Against Collingwood and against Port I saw four handballs BEHIND the player he was aiming for, all resulting in turnovers. I agree he is important, he could be anything, but he must learn to dispose properly (having said that, and after kicking the couch a couple of times on Saturday Night, he slotted that beauty from the centre square). Is he really someone whose mistakes (and disposal is pretty basic) we live with in the ones?

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:13 am 
Robert Walls

my guess for ins and outs will be thorton in and either of banno or simpson in.

mcgrath and maybe betts out.

campo to miss i reckon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:15 am 
Geoff Southby

thegezman wrote:
my guess for ins and outs will be thorton in and either of banno or simpson in.

mcgrath and maybe betts out.

campo to miss i reckon

I just can't see Pagan swapping Simmo in for Betts. Given his coaching style, and love for aborignial brilliance ( I mean who else would have given Dhurrkay a game?), I can't see him swapping the 2. As much as I love Slimmo, I think he's got a big barrow to push for Pagan before getting the gong. DB has been making this point for a while, soemthing I'm now learning to agree with.

same thing for Banno really - why hasn't he had a shot yet? Is Pagan asking him to do things differently?