Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Blue sky over Carlton
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

A positive article by Walls when I was hoping for a damning one on Pagan. :P

Blue sky over Carlton Robert Walls

My favourite part.
Quote:
The sixth member of the defence is Andrew Walker. Now, with three years and 55 games to his credit, Walker, taken at No. 2 in the 2003 national draft, is starting to look the goods. At 190 centimetres and with an extraordinary leap he can match it with the talls. And, with his speed and surety at ground level, he can go with the mediums and smalls. It just gives the coach terrific options.

Discuss. 8)
Quote:
With the defence settled it means new captain Lance Whitnall can be played as a permanent forward. For too long he has swung between both ends of the ground plugging holes.

Opposition coaches love to see Lance in defence, because they then don't have to worry about his smarts as a forward, kicking and creating goals. Kept as a permanent forward he will treble that output in 2007 and with the brilliant Brendan Fevola, will cause headaches for opposition defences.

Post subject: Blue sky over Carlton
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:53 am 
Horrie Clover

Good article from Wallsy (as always).

Is Lance going to play CHF? Who has been playing there the last few weeks (I am in the U.S. so haven't been able to see any of the games)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Great article by wallsy. I feel since the passing of his wife he has opened up his heart more, and is not holding back his feelings towards Carlton.

I also feel he respects the club again.

If Lance is to play forward i want him playing out of the square with Fevs (Ala Dunstall and Lockett for the big V). Kennedy must plant his roots at CHF and reach for the sky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Firearm Fevs wrote:
If Lance is to play forward i want him playing out of the square with Fevs (Ala Dunstall and Lockett for the big V).

That would be sick, but that style of footy is long gone now.... Gazza is the only champion FF that I could see having an impact on the modern game. There just isn't enough space.

But I digress....

Firearm Fevs wrote:

He's not the only one.... Very good time to be a Blue. I'd say its safe to return to the water-cooler on a Monday morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:28 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Crusader wrote:
Firearm Fevs wrote:
If Lance is to play forward i want him playing out of the square with Fevs (Ala Dunstall and Lockett for the big V).

That would be sick, but that style of footy is long gone now.... Gazza is the only champion FF that I could see having an impact on the modern game. There just isn't enough space.

But I digress....

Firearm Fevs wrote:

He's not the only one.... Very good time to be a Blue. I'd say its safe to return to the water-cooler on a Monday morning.

Sighs......

That has been my dream for so many years....

I must admit that it was more the Lance of old i was hoping to meet the Fevola we've all been waiting for....

Never mind, i still have a feeling they will click tonight for some silly reason. :)

Get's on his knee's and prays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:51 pm 
Serge Silvagni

fev should be left as close to goals as possible

we should have a two pronged chf attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

winfieldblue wrote:
fev should be left as close to goals as possible

Fev is actually one of the few true full forwards going around who can move up the ground and cause great damage to the opposition.

During the 2005 Wizard Cup series I saw him deliver a 60 metre pass from the wing on the Medallion Club side(off about 2 steps) to about the top of goal square that was sensational.

But yes whilst he should play out of the goalsquare as much as possible - he can move up the ground with great effect.

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:57 am 
Ken Hunter

KP Forward setup should be:
Fisher Whitnall
Kennedy Fevola

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:25 pm 
Ken Hands

This is a even better article:
Baby Blues equal to NAB Cup challenge

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

In fact, I would think its the most positive article about Carlton in the last five years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

It's funny isn't it?

When we give the journo's something positive to write about, all of a sudden they're writing positive things about the club.