Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:34 am 
Garry Crane

Well, the little laguna's and I made the trek to AAMI Stadium to see the game and had a great night.

It was just fantastic to see so many other blues supporters there also and even though we were outnumbered, felt we made up for it with huge, passionate voices! The silence around the ground when we hit the front in the last quarter was deafening!

We started off the chant.... CARLTON, CARLTON, CARLTON!!! Geez it was great!!! Boy, did we liven things up. Thanks to the blues supporters around us who joined in - we really made a noise!!!!

I must admit, I thought we may have been in for a bit of a hiding early in the first qtr. But the great thing is that this side has a real resolve about it. The backline - once Lance went there - played tight one-on-one footy, making their opponent accountable each time they went for the ball. For me, Lance played a self-less team game - plenty of grunt, as Treadrea threatened to split the game open. Thyanks Lance!!!

I felt Karl did an equally good job. He is getting better with each game. The loss of Thornton and Livo has put him under enormous pressure and feel he is responding.

Houla, Johnno, Wiggins, Carrazzo - great game guys.

Fev - well played. But please, please, if you are inside 60 have a shot!! I know you are trying to bring others into the game, but that pass to Waitey in the last qtr.......!!!!

AW - you did some nice things, particularly early. Be prepared to back yourself more.

T-Lo and Chambers, good first up efforts. They'll be better for the run. We need some real input for next week from you 2!

Interesting to note that if we win next week, it puts us just half a game behind where we all expected us to be after 5 rounds. I hope that Collingwood loss doesn't come back to haunt us!!

Denis did say we'd get value for money from this team - Saturday Night proved it. I came away a very proud supporter!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Great report Laguna, i love a positive man!

It is so hard watching a game on the TV, so appreciated a first hand report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:45 am 
Garry Crane

Thanks Mrs. Caz.

There is so much to be positive about with this team. They really do have a go and have tremendous spirit. Adelaide has a large number of Blues fans - particularly young one's! Thanks to the 5-6 girls that took my youngest under their wing - he loved it!

Forgot to report that on the Sunday Campo, Barney, Stevo, Trent and Waitey were at Glenelg Oval conducting a clinic. Great to see the large number who turned up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:46 am 
Robert Walls

Excellent work Laguna - nice to see you were flying the flag for the boys in enemy territory.