Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:19 am 
Horrie Clover

[quote="Rhys26"][quote="Cazzesman"]

Damn disappointed :evil: Several players dropped crucial marks in the last and affected several weak tackling efforts when the pressure was on. I know it happens but I'm pi**ed of it did. Hopefully those players will learn.

[color=yellow]Regards Cazzesman[/color][/quote]

Cazzesman,

You referring to Walker.
His dropped mark with 5 mintues to go was very disappointing as was some of his weak tackles.
Pity that Whitnall couldn't have hit a target with 90 seconds to go on that half bank flank[/quote]
In 138 minutes of football you highlight this stuff.The pass to AW from Mcgrath was shithouse,along with any amount of skill errors from both sides,i was there and Mcgrath had all the time in world to execute a simple pass ,but didn't,and I dont blame the loss on Corey either,as i said the game goes for 120+ minutes not the last bloody five.
AW apparently cant kick,now cant mark or tackle([b][u]one [/u]poor tackle,but other players are not mentioned).[/b]
In future try to look at the game in its entirety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:30 am 
Robert Walls

having only seen the game once, and havinga big night afterwards (during), i thought we were a bit stiff from the umpires, but thats not excuse.

Desperatley unlucky to hit the post 6 times.

if johno's shot had gone through we were home.

i was proud and pleased with the effort, especially by such young team.

to be honest i thought the game was all set up for a heartbreaking loss, so was generally happy with the draw.

the way things are going the freo game will be crucial, as the hawks and tiges are no pushover this year and we will do well to beat them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Re: Andrew Walker....thought he went well, worked hard to get the footy and his disposal was better than some have given him credit for.
Tackling will improve with age and body strength...needs a couple of more years in the gym and learning the game and he will be the good player we all expect. The second year in footy can often be the worst and in a way getting 26 possies in your first game probably hasnt done him many favours and the expectations are to high for him. I think he will spend time in the Bullants during the year as well as being a semi regular in the ones..I think Walker is a athlete learning to be a footballer and that takes more time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was just thinking about this....we were just as unlucky as we were lucky, so I guess it evened out into a draw.

For us: Their crap kicking

For them: the posters we got, the umpiring, which was apalling by all accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
Was just thinking about this....we were just as unlucky as we were lucky, so I guess it evened out into a draw.

For us: Their crap kicking

For them: the posters we got, the umpiring, which was apalling by all accounts.

They missed a fair few frees that should have gone our way - it was more 'pay them for Port, not for us' in my book. Quite frustrating watching from the couch. Whitnall's free to Tredrat, I know it didn't cost us, but that happend 100 times a week to Fev and never gets paid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

I actually thought the umpiring was disgraceful. I counted at least five goals which Port scored after receiving very dubious free kicks. I mean I know its their home ground, but in my mind some of the frees they got were more than your standard allotment for "home ground advantage".

After the game I had mixed emotions - and even now two days later I am still feeling a bit mixed about it.

But two points is better than none....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:33 pm 
Robert Walls

you didnt look to happy after the game justin :lol:

you and rich, pacing back and forth stroking chins lol

the draw was very weird though, first i've experience in 10 years of following the blues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

thegezman wrote:
you didnt look to happy after the game justin :lol:

you and rich, pacing back and forth stroking chins lol

the draw was very weird though, first i've experience in 10 years of following the blues

Gez

Your right I wasnt happy!!

It was a bit like a case of "so close and yet so far"

I note Williams was quoted after the match saying something along the lines of "Blues should be happy - its not too often teams win at AAMI stadium" - Arrogant p%^&k he is!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:50 pm 
Bruce Comben

Lucky perhaps, but shit if we were had the accendancyin the midfield (as i'm led to believe..missed game, was working), the ball comes back to the middle each time, who's to say we couldn't get the clearances and change the rate of opportunities to a more respectable comparison..so yeah, they kicked 10 points, but maybe if one or two of those were goals we may have jagged another one or two created by the rules and our midfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:35 pm 
Garry Crane

I was at the game and in my opinion they (Port) were lucky to get out of it with a draw. The 2.10 they kicked in the last qtr was greatly contributed to by us rushing through 4 points.

That was one of the pleasing aspects of the game from my point of view. Our clearances from points (Stevens) was the best this year. It put Port under enormous pressure to chase us down on the fast breaks that we created.

Johnno, T-Lo and Fev all should have kicked goals late in the game.

Our pressure and tackling on the backline also forced Port into error, particularly from their so-called senior players (eg Primus).

The big disappointment was that this kind of pressure had it been last week may, just may have produced a different result.

Very, very proud of all 22 on the night. That's the passion we all want to see - EVERY GAME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Laguna wrote:
Our pressure and tackling on the backline also forced Port into error, particularly from their so-called senior players (eg Primus).

The big disappointment was that this kind of pressure had it been last week may, just may have produced a different result.

Very, very proud of all 22 on the night. That's the passion we all want to see - EVERY GAME!

About time some-one else has said it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:47 pm 
Wayne Johnston

There a few rushed behinds in the 10 , a few low percentage snaps from the boundry and a long long bomb from lade. Tredrea and Bourgoun missed sitters that is all. Soft frees in front of goals balanced that out.

We were very unlucky but should have put em away in the third and start of the fourth.

We are still young and arnt confident enough to go for the kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Generally luck plays a very small part.
I mentioned last week that we lost because we didnt take our opportunities, this week we did.
We had less inside 50s, less possessions, less scoring shots and less marks.
I know Port are a high possession side but the fact is they didnt take their opportunities.
2.10 in the last quarter included many missed chances and Tredrea just kicked terribly.

As a positive for us, we kicked goals we have been missing.
Wiggo kicked 2 goals that Davies, Lance and Lappo have missed in the first 3 rounds.
Another positive is our 12 contested marks including 3 to our debutant Troy Longmuir.

To get away with a draw is a huge bonus. We will probably be a low percentage side this year so 2 points gives us a bonus over the teams who finish on equal wins.
To goal from 35% of our inside 50 entries compared to Ports 29% tells the tale.

Post subject: Not luck
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

an even team performance where even though our stars didnt play a starring role our second tier players had a much more even performance and not too many passengers and players with no or nominal possessions
Good to see 4 quarters of committed football and any time you get 2 points out of a game at AAMI you should be pleased.I reckon the cats might struggle against Port on friday night and bet they would take a draw against the power.
Whilst some may have suggested we were lucky -have a look at free kick given against Norman in the last quarter and tell me we were lucky!
Remember fev hit the post 3 times -
Still need to show a bit more poise in this do or die matches at the end but dont think it was luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

Port were lucky we couldn't finish them off. As I said earlier in this thread, we got to 7 points infront but couldn't get the next goal to make it 13 points. Had we done that I think we would have run away with it. We had our chances over the course of a game which should have been taken, and would have been through smarter play and better execution.

In other words we lacked that killer instinct and I think Port sensed this and finished the stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

Bloody hell, do we ever - look at all of our games, especially Essendon* and collingwood games, we had control, we ere taking pot shots, but couldn't kill them. And it cost us the game v the Pies. Despite all the emotions last week, you can't tell me that the Pies have the guts to come back from say 6 goals down - if we pushed it in the first half we would have had them, game over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Laguna wrote:
I was at the game and in my opinion they (Port) were lucky to get out of it with a draw.

Thanks Laguna - always defer to those who were there. The momentum can be read at the ground so much better.

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost