Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:56 am 
Harry Vallence

winfieldblue wrote:
Wangers wrote:
winfieldblue wrote:
the bigegst crook ever to run the AFL

WHilst it's great news that Fitzy has the job, I think Ron should be shown some respect - the guy has cancer, and you don't wish that upon anyone.

Here's hoping he recovers, and Fitzy looks after us.

Wangers get a life, don't push me to respect people whom I absolutely despise.

The guy is a crook.

Interesting that you can be so adamant on Evans being a crook yet you were so glowing in the praises of Elliott?

I am no apologist for Ron Evans but i suspect(and know of) many in the business world who would disagree vehemently with your contention!

As for the uncharitable views about his illness,all i can say it is very disappointing.

I know his son quite well and feel for him and his family.Having lost my Mother to Cancer last year i wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:04 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

[quote="7dominator"]Interesting that you can be so adamant on Evans being a crook yet you were so glowing in the praises of Elliott?

I am no apologist for Ron Evans but i suspect(and know of) many in the business world who would disagree vehemently with your contention!quote]

Mt Franklin Spring Water - cost price 50 cents

Mt Franklin Spring Water - priced at Spotless Catering Outlets $4.00

The prosecution rests your honour.

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:16 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
7dominator wrote:
Interesting that you can be so adamant on Evans being a crook yet you were so glowing in the praises of Elliott?

I am no apologist for Ron Evans but i suspect(and know of) many in the business world who would disagree vehemently with your contention!

Mt Franklin Spring Water - cost price 50 cents

Mt Franklin Spring Water - priced at Spotless Catering Outlets $4.00

The prosecution rests your honour.

While it pisses me off too, I don't think it justifies gloating about someones terminal illness. I wouldn't wish it on anybody too.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Lets be straight. Nobody here gave Ron Evans cancer.

Nothing we say or think will change the course of his illness. I don't want him to suffer but i wont spend any time praying for him either.

To pretend I like him because he is dying would be as dishonest as we accuse him of being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:37 am 
Serge Silvagni

7dominator wrote:
winfieldblue wrote:
Wangers wrote:
winfieldblue wrote:
the bigegst crook ever to run the AFL

WHilst it's great news that Fitzy has the job, I think Ron should be shown some respect - the guy has cancer, and you don't wish that upon anyone.

Here's hoping he recovers, and Fitzy looks after us.

Wangers get a life, don't push me to respect people whom I absolutely despise.

The guy is a crook.

As for the uncharitable views about his illness,all i can say it is very disappointing.

I know his son quite well and feel for him and his family.Having lost my Mother to Cancer last year i wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy!

i never said anything about his illness

but ron evans is a crook

he was responsible for the 1993 rort he was president at Essendon* in 1992, and quite frankly he got out of it unscathed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

winfieldblue wrote:
but ron evans is a crook

he was responsible for the 1993 rort he was president at Essendon* in 1992, and quite frankly he got out of it unscathed

And courageously let his successor David Shaw take all the blame - (I am pretty sure there was a deal done there :roll: ) so it wouldn't affect his aspirations at AFL Commission level.

Then stood up all holier-than-thou and proceeded to rape Carlton to the brink of extinction.

Mr. Evans I think we could have "improved" that piece of your administrative career.

"Improved" there is a word you like using in your smarmy repertoire of "corporateeze".

Right back at you - turd. :evil:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

This started off being about Fitzy. I think the best we can hope for from the AFL is impartiality with Mike Fitzpatrick at the helm. It seems to have been in short supply of late. I get the impression he is a straight shooter and honest, although I will confess to a paucity of information to the contrary. For example, the next thing the AFL needs to look at is a way to stop Collingwood getting 19 free to air games next year and some of us 9, 10 or 11. After getting so many years of free plugs on the Footy Show and now this, it's no wonder some clubs can't get sponsors while Collingwood has them lining up. It's all about the draw, now, so the AFL can even things up. No excuses. Mike, give us an even playing field and we'll be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
I think the best we can hope for from the AFL is impartiality with Mike Fitzpatrick at the helm.

That's all that most of us have ever asked for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Fitzy is a straight shooter. he won't give Carlton any favourable treatment but he will deal with the whole competition in an honest above board manner. The way demetrspew and evans did business in the AFL is over. There is a new sherrif in town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Deano Supremo wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I think the best we can hope for from the AFL is impartiality with Mike Fitzpatrick at the helm.

That's all that most of us have ever asked for.

I agree entirely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Blue Sombrero wrote:
This started off being about Fitzy. I think the best we can hope for from the AFL is impartiality with Mike Fitzpatrick at the helm. It seems to have been in short supply of late. I get the impression he is a straight shooter and honest, although I will confess to a paucity of information to the contrary. For example, the next thing the AFL needs to look at is a way to stop Collingwood getting 19 free to air games next year and some of us 9, 10 or 11. After getting so many years of free plugs on the Footy Show and now this, it's no wonder some clubs can't get sponsors while Collingwood has them lining up. It's all about the draw, now, so the AFL can even things up. No excuses. Mike, give us an even playing field and we'll be happy.

QFT

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Usually changes that catch others by surprise only do so because those who are surprised arent all that observant.

The seeds for change are sown early on, and for those who watch carefully, the signs of things to come are easily seen long before they occur in a way that cannot be ignored by others.

Yes, as was said earlier, the stars are indeed lining up in Carlton's favour.

But the road ahead still contains some quite long stretches to be travelled and still has its share of potholes along the way..

But in a figurative sense, Fitzpatrick's new position is symbolic of the resurgent Carlton that is soon to come - blue skies lie ahead. when Carlton will soon be on the rise once again. What happy days of football are to come.

As I have said before, someone here did this wonderful analysis in 2005 comparing Top of the ladder West Coast with bottom of he ladder Carlton.

Age, weight height and many other comparative measures werent much different between these clubs. But there was one thing which stood out - West Coasts 11 top 20 draft picks to our 3 -at that time.

Now, things are much different, we have I believe around 8 or more top 20 draft picks - in an AFL where the young talent is being spread much more evenly with every year that passes.

Indeed the year that Carlton surprises all in the football world is one which is remarkable because of the evenness of the competition.

In that fateful year only a very few games will separate say 3rd from 13th

Carlton is placed in a low spot in the final 8 at the end of the home and away season of that year - and we are all most excited to be seeing finals action for the best part of maybe 8 or 9 years being stuck in the football wilderness.

As I have said previously, most of Carltons luck in that year comes toward the end of the season. - What a season that will be...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

JohnM wrote:
I hope Evans fully recovers to live a long life.

Then gets some sort of weird anal fungus that causes extreme itching for at least a decade.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Congratulations Fitzy

https://www.afl.com.au/news/776057?fbcl ... DADySAbPFY

Quote:
A three-time Carlton premiership player and former AFL Commission Chair, Mike Fitzpatrick was inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Congratulations Fitzy

https://www.afl.com.au/news/776057?fbcl ... DADySAbPFY

Quote:
A three-time Carlton premiership player and former AFL Commission Chair, Mike Fitzpatrick was inducted into the Australian Football Hall of Fame

Fitzy's speech tonight had a strong Carlton flavour about it.

He is a Carlton blueblood.

Congrats

...and what a great thread you bumped CK....a couple posts up there's blueman.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Geez that Blueman post is eery …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

blueman wrote:

Indeed the year that Carlton surprises all in the football world is one which is remarkable because of the evenness of the competition.

Carlton is placed in a low spot in the final 8 at the end of the home and away season of that year - and we are all most excited to be seeing finals action for the best part of maybe 8 or 9 years being stuck in the football wilderness.

As I have said previously, most of Carltons luck in that year comes toward the end of the season. - What a season that will be...

:sly:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:35 am 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
Fitzy's speech tonight had a strong Carlton flavour about it.

He is a Carlton blueblood.

Congrats

is it online anywhere? i don’t have tv atm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
blueman wrote:

:sly:

Come on Gro...tell us ... is this the year????

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:40 am 
Geoff Southby

Yeah , Fitzy's love of " The Old Dark Navy Blue " was most apparent in his speech . Good on him , a most deserved reward for his untiring efforts .