Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

In relation to The Idea Bank

Throw around your interesting ideas in this thread for improving our great Club. You never know, you might get a call from Mr Pratt to say "thank you" one day! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:35 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=10343

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=14452

Lets pick some of the better ideas from these threads :)

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:49 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Get AW & Ralph Carr in business together ...you know ...rage, video hits & all that... get all the youngies on board... good PR! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Do we have a bank sponsor?

What about a CFC credit card. Carries the logo, Small annual fee ($25-$40) which goes to the club then the club gets a share of the 1.5% that Visa charges. Could have a reward system where for every $500 you psend you get $1 off you carlton membership. The way my wife spends, I wouldnt have to pay for a membership again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Good stuff Barone. Which uni are you at? I think uni students are pretty important to consider as they would be in the bracket that would have experienced success at a young age (1995) and then become disillusioned by our performances over the last few years and lost interest and support. I reckon there would be heaps of 18-23 year olds who aren't members but may be influenced to sign up through good uni clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

A couple I liked from that first link:

timetodeliver2004 wrote:
Melbourne University is so close to MC Labour Park it is possible that we could somehow tap into the potential of students there. Possibly the club could invest in some housing close to Melbourne University and rent these houses out to students with possible discounts associated with Carlton memberships? That way we are appealing to a demographic that is important to the football club who are at a stage financially when they are looking for any advantage they can get. A student living independently may be unable to afford a membership, however, if a package was available that coincided with their accommodation they may be able to do this. Whether this would be feasible in terms of profit versus cost I'm not sure?

and also
Quote:
Also, how about a deal with Connex? Cheaper public transport tickets for Carlton members (either on game days or all the time). Would foreseeably increase commuters for Connex, bring revenue for the club via the deal and an added bonus for members to sign up. Also, could generate some positive publicity if we could get associated with an environmental group highlighting our awareness and support against global warming (such a hot topic at the moment).

Kevin Bohane wrote:
2ndeffort wrote:

Let's head off to somewhere where we have some kind of affinity or contact and strike up some kind of mutually beneficial deal. How about a game in Denmark, apparently there's an amateur comp over there. Princess Mary loves the blues, expat community, european contacts. Or there's the old Dart, no shortage of Aussies and business links there, how about we leverage off the popularity of the Brothers O'hAilpin and do some marketing in Ireland. Apparently ireland is one of the world's fastest growing economies. Set up some kind of scheme to leverage off a bit of interest where we dont have to compete with 15 other clubs for any AFL interest. It's not like the Irish dont know about AFL.

Are there sporting clubs overseas that we could sign up mutually beneficial cross marketing deals with, maybe even share training info, maybe offer access to each other's membership databases, maybe offer a way in for each other to penetrate home country markets.

Failing all of that, if we got 10,000 members to sign up for medical experiments on behalf of the club what would that earn us???

Cork is a huge untapped market for the club. In college this week i saw three Carlton guenseys - might not sound like much but in U.C.C that is a big number. Im sure if the club got in contact with Cork sports stores they would sell a lot of merchandise considering they would have 100% market share. When the boys return home after the year they could do an official launch and get the club advertised in the Echo and Examiner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Liked Buzzz's credit card idea too....and in the States you can order chequebooks with all sorts of pics on them(sports, pets, hobbies), why not the CFC logo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mrs Caz wrote:
Liked Buzzz's credit card idea too....and in the States you can order chequebooks with all sorts of pics on them(sports, pets, hobbies), why not the CFC logo?

Yep great idea. I had a west ham credit card in the UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I really like the merchandising in stores in Cork idea from Kevin.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluehammer wrote:
Mrs Caz wrote:

Yep great idea. I had a west ham credit card in the UK

Did it pay over the odds for average merchandise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

buzzaaaah wrote:
Do we have a bank sponsor?

What about a CFC credit card. Carries the logo, Small annual fee ($25-$40) which goes to the club then the club gets a share of the 1.5% that Visa charges. Could have a reward system where for every $500 you psend you get $1 off you carlton membership. The way my wife spends, I wouldnt have to pay for a membership again

A few years ago I had an ANZ VISA "CLASSIC" Card which was a Carlton Football Club Card complete with the Club Logo embossed on it.....it was a VISA Card obtained by filling in a form sent out to Members in the mail, and the CFC got a percentage of all monies spent with the Card.

Whatever happened to that arrangement?....just producing the Card at registers always provoked discussion!...."Carlton supporter eh?"

I've got a feeling only us and C/wood and Ess/don had them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

i bought up the credit card idea here :

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14179

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Internet membership.

Annexed on to all current memberships, and available seperately for a small fee. Gives access to video footage/premium wallpapers/player interviews etc etc.

This would give extra value to all current membership (especially interstate memberships, which are essentially a donation) packages, and would draw extra revenue from O'hAilpin-gained Blues followers in the emerald isle.

Many examples can be found from premier league clubs in the UK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

grrofunger wrote:

Sorry mate.....I'm a mile behind on the reading of posts.....I just wish I'd kept one of the cards as a template.....it was a good looking card!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 pm 
Horrie Clover

Auction off a day in the coaches box every week???

I for one really like the credit card idea mention... Have it with NAB (even though I am with Westpac :evil: ), and let the fees pay off parts of our loan!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

God Damn-it this is a brilliant idea!

Carlton are lucky to have such an amazing group of supporters like us.............they really are!

Top thinking guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

MonstaBlue wrote:
Auction off a day in the coaches box every week???

I for one really like the credit card idea mention... Have it with NAB (even though I am with Westpac :evil: ), and let the fees pay off parts of our loan!!!

Yep brilliant - St Kilda do this - pay to be an honorary stats person in the box

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Warby wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Sorry mate.....I'm a mile behind on the reading of posts.....I just wish I'd kept one of the cards as a template.....it was a good looking card!

Its ok - just wanted to raise it again - to add to the ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

I also like the automatic membership renewal idea that Essendon* and Bulldogs currently have in place every season.

You'd be amazed how many border line supporters don't sign up because they can't be bothered, we have to make an effort to renew our membership but if we just had automatic renewal then those who don't want to be members will have to call up the club and ask them to cancel, that way a lot of border line members won't bother and it will work in our favour rather than against us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:24 pm 
Garry Crane

a couple of ideas..?

*Bring a Player Home for Dinner or Lunch & Meet the family Sponsorship/Auction

* Across Melb & Vic (hey why not Australia wide? or even internationally?)Regional Fundraising Competetion- a coordinated network of regional Carlton supporters gatherings where on the one night (same night) each gathering seeks to be the highest fundraising effort. There could be live video link via Internet feeds from HQ (MC Labour park) where Players, Coach, Carlton personalities would send greetings, update on amount raised as the night progresses, see clips from Bluetube of great Carlton footy moments on large screen etc. Each gathering (under cordination of selected regional cordinators) could creatively select the means by which they feel they can out-raise other regions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next