Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:51 am 
Bruce Doull

Little stroke............?

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:34 am 
Bruce Doull

Keyser Soze wrote:
Why don't we produce a life like doll in a Carlton Jumper :oops:

Timmy Doll

Please don't tell me we are going to produce one of these. The wooden spoons I can live with but not this.

(P.S. Does anybody else notice the similarity with the mouth and Matthew Lloyd?)

Little Jayden the Magpie

McKenzie the Demon

Brooklyn the Hawk

Jase the Port kiddie

Gazza the Cat

The opportunities are endless.

Those dolls are creepy. Not nearly as creepy as the people who own them though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:49 am 
Horrie Clover

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Why don't we produce a life like doll in a Carlton Jumper :oops:

Timmy Doll

Please don't tell me we are going to produce one of these. The wooden spoons I can live with but not this.

(P.S. Does anybody else notice the similarity with the mouth and Matthew Lloyd?)

Little Jayden the Magpie

McKenzie the Demon

Brooklyn the Hawk

Jase the Port kiddie

Gazza the Cat

The opportunities are endless.

Those dolls are creepy. Not nearly as creepy as the people who own them though.

names for the AFL doll collectors set:

KEVIN THE BUMMER

MR ED THE WOBBLER

AKER THE DOG

SCOTT TWINS SIAMESE LION

BARRY BLOOD

WAN KERR THE EAGLE

RICHO THE ADHD EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE TIGER

AARON THE GORMLESS, GUTLESS, DRAW STRING, MONEY HUNGRY SAINT

ARCHER THE NATIONAL LAMPOON, QANTAS FREQUENT FLYER

EASY YZE - BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED

GOODWIN ON THE TROTS

CRAWFORD THE TALK TOO MUCH DRAWSTRING SCRATCH AND SNIFF

LICURIA CRY DOLL (JUST ADD WATER)

GARY THE IM NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS MY FATHER BLUSHING DOLL

BURGOYNE/ HUESKES I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, CAPE FEAR DOLL

FREMANTLE ?

&

I AM PROUD SPONSOR OF THE CAROLINE WILSON HATE CLUB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Enough hijacking the thread with ideas for opposition team dolls. :x

yes, those dolls are creepy....but there are heaps of people who seem to like them. Otherwise the whole idea of them would have died a natural death years ago.

I wouldn't buy one though. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:42 am 
Horrie Clover

Mrs Caz wrote:
Enough hijacking the thread with ideas for opposition team dolls. :x

yes, those dolls are creepy....but there are heaps of people who seem to like them. Otherwise the whole idea of them would have died a natural death years ago.

I wouldn't buy one though. 8)

I prefer naming other team dolls than ours.

They are creepy and should be kept away from the CFC.

No offence meant.

The Simon Goodwin Bookie doll would be funny though :-D

&

I AM PROUD SPONSOR OF THE CAROLINE WILSON HATE CLUB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stop it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:36 am 
Laurie Kerr

ozdevil wrote:
The question i ask then for this to happen

<snip>

sorry i do see positives out of this but i feel that if a deal is to be done it has to be fair on both sides of the fence with similar oppurtunities for both CFC and the MCC for this to work

You misunderstand Vinnie Catoggio's suggestion. It isn't about the MCC offering a special Carlton FC members package.

The idea is that it is CFC offering a membership category that is only available to MCC Members, which gives them access to CFC's home Telstra Dome games. It takes account of the fact that through their MCC membership that don't need MCG access and therefore aren't being required to pay for a second MCG entry.

All the MCC would have to do is confirm that the people applying are MCC members. So, it'll cost the MCC (in administration) but the MCC wouldn't actually get anything out of this new-proposed CFC membership cetagory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

A great win in Tasmania tonight.

Before the game I thought given the fact Hawthorn (and St Kilda) have been playing games there for a few years the majority of crowd support would favour the Hawks. I was wrong. There was a lot of support for Carlton, especially late in the last quarter.

Having asked the question in the game thread, Dr Sherrin answered there is a lot of loyal support for the Blues in Tasmania

We had a day in Tassie earlier this year, but could we increase our interest down there, perhaps with a special membership package, by sending players down there more regularly, including some players during the split round in future years.

We obviously have great support across Australiam in South Australia Western Australia and Sydney, that we also need to focus on, but I was really amazed at the crowd support we received tonight.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:02 am 
Ken Hands

I have always wanted a pool table with blue cloth and a CFC logo on it.
I saw a guy who was doing this a few years ago, but it was not an official product and the club did not benefit at all from it.

I emailed the club about this last year and they thought it was a great idea.
The problem was that it had to be endorsed by the AFL and you know who first....................

I would also like to add some antique look Carlton mirrors to my bar, and stuff like Carlton Football Club Billiards Scorers (like the Jack Daniels ones), etc, etc.

Like I said, the marketing dept at the club thought it was great, but the need approval from Andy first..........

These sort of things may not be for everyone, but the point is that maybe we have to start to direct our requests/complaints to the AFL and ask "Why the flower are you holding back our club's merchandising ideas?" :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

TruBlueBrad wrote:
A great win in Tasmania tonight.

Before the game I thought given the fact Hawthorn (and St Kilda) have been playing games there for a few years the majority of crowd support would favour the Hawks. I was wrong. There was a lot of support for Carlton, especially late in the last quarter.

Having asked the question in the game thread, Dr Sherrin answered there is a lot of loyal support for the Blues in Tasmania

We had a day in Tassie earlier this year, but could we increase our interest down there, perhaps with a special membership package, by sending players down there more regularly, including some players during the split round in future years.

We obviously have great support across Australia in South Australia Western Australia and Sydney, that we also need to focus on, but I was really amazed at the crowd support we received tonight.

I would say the Carlton outnumbered the Hawthorn supporters there last night for sure.

Maybe we should be asking to play our away games against the dorks down there.

The CFC need to tap into this Blue resource down there. Mad if we don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

4everBlue wrote:
I have always wanted a pool table with blue cloth and a CFC logo on it.
I saw a guy who was doing this a few years ago, but it was not an official product and the club did not benefit at all from it.

I emailed the club about this last year and they thought it was a great idea.
The problem was that it had to be endorsed by the AFL and you know who first....................

I would also like to add some antique look Carlton mirrors to my bar, and stuff like Carlton Football Club Billiards Scorers (like the Jack Daniels ones), etc, etc.

Like I said, the marketing dept at the club thought it was great, but the need approval from Andy first..........

These sort of things may not be for everyone, but the point is that maybe we have to start to direct our requests/complaints to the AFL and ask "Why the flower are you holding back our club's merchandising ideas?" :twisted:

YEP YEP AND YEP - Andy D you suck , the whole AFL sux - if we want to merchandise something let us

Oh yeah - and we should setup a Dick Pratt clothing line - would do wonders :shock: :lol:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but the Celeb Carlton Fans thread thread is developing a great list of people.

Too late for 07 but for the 2008 membership commercials it would be great to get some appearances from them.

Especially the gangsters :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:03 am 
Herald Sun columnist

When the Players Kick the mini Footys to the fans...

I have noticed a number of clubs do this and whilst I am not a fan of following anyone, I was wondering what everyone thought about kicking the mini footy's to the fans after a game - win, lose or draw?

It's a nice bit of interaction between the players and the fans and whilst after a loss, the players and fans might not be too keen on it, I think it would be a nice way to chill out after a loss rather than going back into the rooms.

If we are not keen on following other clubs by doing this, perhaps there is something else that can be done - thoughts?

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Great idea...except the Dome follows it up with not allowing any kids to play with their footballs......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:21 am 
Rod Ashman

Great idea DUC, although I think other clubs only do it after a win.

One thing I have been disappointed with this year, is that after both of our wins (and both big comebacks), the players haven't spread out and thanked/celebrated with the supporters at the ground, they have just walked off and clapped those at the race.

Given that most members have their reserved seats at the other end of the ground to the race (the new northern stand, and the southern stand at the Punt Road end), it would have been nice to have seen the players go go over to those parts and thank and celebrate with those supporters.

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:22 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I noticed Adelaide doing this the other night, they make it nice and personal that instead of just booting them into the crowd they each hand out a player to someone personally - gave it a really nice feel and something most kids (and adults) would remember, shaking the players hand and handing them the ball.

After a win only though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:42 am 
Herald Sun columnist

Siegfried wrote:
Great idea DUC, although I think other clubs only do it after a win.

One thing I have been disappointed with this year, is that after both of our wins (and both big comebacks), the players haven't spread out and thanked/celebrated with the supporters at the ground, they have just walked off and clapped those at the race.

Given that most members have their reserved seats at the other end of the ground to the race (the new northern stand, and the southern stand at the Punt Road end), it would have been nice to have seen the players go go over to those parts and thank and celebrate with those supporters.

I think the general idea with regards to just clapping as they walk off the ground is that they don't get too ahead of themselves as DP likes to say.

I like the Adelaide concept as KK pointed out as it does make it more personal and how excited would the young and old supporters be if a player personally handed the ball to them.

Having said that, if the supporter is not a signed up member, perhaps this gesture would tip them over the edge!

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:
I noticed Adelaide doing this the other night, they make it nice and personal that instead of just booting them into the crowd they each hand out a player to someone personally - gave it a really nice feel and something most kids (and adults) would remember, shaking the players hand and handing them the ball.

After a win only though.

Good idea, let's do it!

Who cares if other clubs do it. The feelgood factor for our fans/members outweighs that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

This was mentioned by blueroyal in the Go Green for Carlton thread.

blueroyal wrote:
On the subject of clean energy - during the height of the "Selwood - Headland" spat last week, in Perth there was a typical Eagles "feel good / propaganda" piece on Channel Ten which centred around Chris Judd's environmentally friendly new car (a Toyota Prious).

At the tail end of the story it was mentioned that the Eagles intend to be the 1st Carbon Nuetral team in the AFL. In my opinion the Eagles have enough of their plates at the moment to worry about their carbon emmissions. Plus I understand that VISY board are one the most environmentally advanced large organisations in Australia.

I feel there is some genuine mileage in leveraging on VISY boards Environmental and Sustainability policies to fast-track Carlton into becoming the AFL's first carbon nuetral team.

As a starting point we could include purchasing carbon credits as an option in membership packs, cease our affiliation with Nike in favour of a fair trade sports good manufacturer (as part of our sustainability policy), ensure that the re-development of Princes Park uses environmentally sound designs.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:55 pm 
Ken Hunter

camelboy wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

After a win only though.

Good idea, let's do it!

Who cares if other clubs do it. The feelgood factor for our fans/members outweighs that.

The feelgood factor does go a long way!

My 10 year old nephew has received both a signed cap and football from Kangaroos players at two of their Carrara games this year (not after their loss to the Blues though). What a blast it was for him!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next