Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:00 pm 
Trevor Keogh

I was considering what the club could do at Princes Park especially with the visitors rooms which are not used much these days. Something which would get visitors and supporters to attend from all over Australia on any day and not just to see training.

I think the Club should open up the visitor's rooms at Princes Park and set up a carbon copy of our official rooms complete with numbered lockers, rub down tables etc and a large mural of our team of the century.For security purposes and a lot of other reasons I think the visitors rooms are more appropriate for this purpose.

The club could then run a short staged tour of the facilities with a guide who will discuss the history of Carlton, some of the heroes who appear on the wall, the standard routine for a pre game, the warm up routines, and finish with the walk up to the race as a soundtrack plays. Occasionally they could even have a player drop in to meet the visitors.

In the race up to the ground I thought they should instal some speakers and could play some stories from our Grand Final Heroes about the big day and then the soundtrack from the entrance to the arena on Grand Final day as you come up the race and out on to the ground.

They could provide the option of supporters having their photo taken in front of their favourite player's locker, with the premiership cup, and super-imposed onto the team photo. All presented in a souvenir club photo jacket. There are probably a lot of other options. Obviously need to spruce up and expand the Merchandise shop.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:05 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I know this thread is from 3 months ago, but just last week I was talking to a friend (whose team lost the 1915, 39, 70, 79 and 81 grand finals) and this topic came up.

Vinnie Catoggio wrote:
Following on from this story in The Age today:

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 24164.html

<snip> if the club could offer a special MCC members package, which includes all the rights of membership to the club, voting rights, etc and entry to our home games at Telstra Dome for say $100 instead of the basic silver membership package cost I sure we'd have a few thousand new members on the spot. <snip>

Bort wrote:
There should be two such memberships offered: the $100 one you suggest and another that includes a reserved seat for all of the Blues' home games at the Fone Dome.

(And non-MCC members should be aware that whenever an MCC Member attends a game at the MCG the home team gets a benefit. This is because the MCC pays 75% of the standard attendance fee to the gate, which goes to the home team. So, an MCC Member attending all five of this years Carlton home MCG games will cause about $70 to end up in Carlton's coffers.)

Bort wrote:
Following on from the idea of a membership for MCC Members, there should also be a Telstra Dome reserved seat package for AFL Members with Carlton Club Support. I know a lot of AFL Members who don't like and don't take up the club's current Gold Upgrade because they don't want the MCG reserved seat part of the package. However what they'd like is a package of reserved seats for our games at Telstra Dome.

Bort wrote:
The idea is that it is CFC offering a membership category that is only available to MCC Members, which gives them access to CFC's home Telstra Dome games. It takes account of the fact that through their MCC membership that don't need MCG access and therefore aren't being required to pay for a second MCG entry.

It turns out that both Collingwood and Essendon* (and maybe other clubs) have memberships that cater to MCC and AFL Members.

Collingwood have a MCC member Telstra Dome reserved seating membership, which provides entry and a reserved seat to the club's 1 home and 2 away games at TD (plus the extras like the magazine sub, cap, etc).

Essendon* have a membership where MCC members can purchase an Adult 7 or Adult 9 membership for entry to TD. The Adult 7 the MCC member with entry to Essendon* home games played at the Dome, and the Adult 9 to home and away games played there.

Essendon* also have, for both MCC and AFL members there, annual reserved seat packages for the 7 home games at TD.

It seems to me that the only thing stopping Carlton from offering such memberships is the motivation to do so. I think it would be a great way to get MCC members who support CFC involved in the club and get AFL Members more involved in the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MonstaBlue wrote:
Auction off a day in the coaches box every week???

I for one really like the credit card idea mention... Have it with NAB (even though I am with Westpac :evil: ), and let the fees pay off parts of our loan!!!

The problem with that at the moment is that Denis is unlikely to want someone in the box with more idea than he has. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Haven't read all the thread so sorry if I am repeating somebody else's idea.
Blue Beatle and I once discussed the theory of a $50 membership for people who can't or don't want to go to games so just get the car sticker and the hat for the extra $5. No right to games entry at all. Basically it would be a $49.95 donation to the club with something to show for it.
There would have to be some restrictions obviously to stop an exodus of people who are current members just wanting to save $80 but I am sure there must be a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:56 am 
Horrie Clover

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Blue Beatle and I once discussed the theory of a $50 membership for people who can't or don't want to go to games so just get the car sticker and the hat for the extra $5. No right to games entry at all. Basically it would be a $49.95 donation to the club with something to show for it.
There would have to be some restrictions obviously to stop an exodus of people who are current members just wanting to save $80 but I am sure there must be a way.

This is the type of membership I have as I am currently living o/s. It's called a Blue Adult membership and was $66 for the year. Basically set up for people who can't get to the games but still want to support the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:44 am 
Bruce Doull

Blue memberships are a pretty good idea I reckon. However, I don't think their sales count towards our final membership tally. It would be interesting to see how many Blue members the club actually has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:52 am 
Wayne Johnston

i have a good idea.

Sack Pagan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm getting back to something I already posted I think.

I am a first year Auskick parent. There is a lack of access to Sunday sessions for people who cant get to Saturday am.
I am in a "Essendon* zoned" Auskick meaning we get 1 visit a year from Bummer players.

I would love to take my kids to a Auskick around carlton but there isnt one as far as I could find.

Its not a money maker but in the long run you can really build up loyal carlton fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Bunks wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

This is the type of membership I have as I am currently living o/s. It's called a Blue Adult membership and was $66 for the year. Basically set up for people who can't get to the games but still want to support the club.

Thanks for that info and sorry for mentioning it. I have a silver m'ship, which I have always had. Even tho I live OS, I like to have the option of going to a game if I am in town and I like to sit with Blue Beatle if he goes. It also means he can use my ticket to take a visitor if he needs to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:47 am 
Trevor Keogh

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bunks wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Thanks for that info and sorry for mentioning it. I have a silver m'ship, which I have always had. Even tho I live OS, I like to have the option of going to a game if I am in town and I like to sit with Blue Beatle if he goes. It also means he can use my ticket to take a visitor if he needs to.

Also it's worth remembering that for your membership to count in the official tally, it needs to include entry to at least 4 matches.

So if it's important to you to be included in the membership count, a Blue Adult membership isn't enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:12 am 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:

agreed - at the risk of turning this into a bitching thread - bought all new pink stuff for the baby - bunny rug - jump suit etc and washed it and SOOOOOOOO much dye ran that now all the white parts with the CFC logo and writing etc are blended into the pink so it just looks like a pink mesh of nothing - i know ink/dye runs on lots of things but this was crazy !

I had the exact same problem. Bought my baby girl a whole heap of carlton stuff too when she was born. Bibs, bunny rug, suit, singlet and the colour ran after the missus washed it. Couldn't wear it. Didn't wanna cop sh*t from my non Carlton supporter friends. Such a waste...they were so darn cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

MCC/CFC combined membership would be great. Currently I pay for both and use my carlton social club membership only at TD, get no value from it at the G. So would be great to get something combining both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:46 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
MCC/CFC combined membership would be great. Currently I pay for both and use my carlton social club membership only at TD, get no value from it at the G. So would be great to get something combining both.

Definitely! Although I only have a silver membership and Mrs Punter is starting to question why i have both that and the MCC. This sort of membership would allow me to slip the CFC section through quietly... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

This may seem petty but it has always shit me.

- The traditional footy bar scarf...There was a version available for Carlton once that was filled in navy blue with white lettering. The common Carlton bar scarf is too easily confused with Geelongs and Collingwoods.

I had a friend go up to Brissie to watch origin 3 on Wednesday. She supports NSW nominally but wore her Carlton scarf, ('Blues' etc). She said she got grief on four seperate occasions on the night for being a Collingwood supporter because the scarf wasn't recognisibly Carlton. She said she loved to cop shit for being a Carlton supporter but not bloody Collingwood when she's wearing a Carlton scarf.

Does anyone remember the complete navy blue scarf I'm talking about?

Change it back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:32 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Mordan wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Bunks wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Also it's worth remembering that for your membership to count in the official tally, it needs to include entry to at least 4 matches.

So if it's important to you to be included in the membership count, a Blue Adult membership isn't enough.

I reckon this raises another question.

Do you buy a membership to be included in the count or to see your money go to the club?

Despite the fact Blue memberships aren't counted in the membership tally, I think they're great and every bit as valuable as a silver membership, given that the person purchasing it is either struggling financially or lives interstate/overseas, but still wants to show their support for the club. I couldnt care less that they're not counted in the official membership figures.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:37 am 
Stephen Silvagni

buzzaaaah wrote:

I am a first year Auskick parent. There is a lack of access to Sunday sessions for people who cant get to Saturday am.
I am in a "Essendon* zoned" Auskick meaning we get 1 visit a year from Bummer players.

I would love to take my kids to a Auskick around carlton but there isnt one as far as I could find.

Its not a money maker but in the long run you can really build up loyal carlton fans.

We absolutely need to get out to these kids and start promoting the club to them.

My nephew has been doing Auskick for a couple of years at Koo Wee Rup, which I think would have been in the old Hawthorn zone, but half the kids there support the Bummers. When they have a game after training its the Bummers vs the rest. A very sad state! I've noticed a few more Carlton jumpers this year, last year there was 1, this year maybe 3-4, while there are literally about 20 kids wearing Bummers gear.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

TruBlueBrad wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

We absolutely need to get out to these kids and start promoting the club to them.

My nephew has been doing Auskick for a couple of years at Koo Wee Rup, which I think would have been in the old Hawthorn zone, but half the kids there support the Bummers. When they have a game after training its the Bummers vs the rest. A very sad state! I've noticed a few more Carlton jumpers this year, last year there was 1, this year maybe 3-4, while there are literally about 20 kids wearing Bummers gear.

Kids that age tend to go with the flow. My mate, Blue Beatle junior (almost 12) is a Saints man at the moment because they are winning more than us and his mum is a Saint. ( In more ways than one). It's importand we start to win games and the Blues jumpers will reappear in the schoolyards etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:54 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I dont think many 12 year olds change their mind to be honest.

You have to get to them before they've really committed to a team, while they're still at early primary school age.

It would be very difficult to pry away a 12 year old kid from the Bummers, even if they do finish on the bottom for the next 4 years, while he's a part of a group of 20 mates who all go for the rotten scum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:41 am 
Horrie Clover

With the new pubs/clubs that we now reap the benefits from, how about a Carlton loyalty scheme attached to these premises?

Discount food and drinks etc, which in turn creates a greater client base.

Carlton members would save money and as an initiative, would be more than happy to utilize these pubs or clubs because in turn the money benefits the club.

A loyalty scheme in the way of a points system?

For every dollar spent you receive a point which goes towards discount food and drink? Or a designated item of Carlton clothing or memorabilia with every so many thousand points banked over a 12 month period?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:19 am 
Laurie Kerr

Punter22 wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Definitely! Although I only have a silver membership and Mrs Punter is starting to question why i have both that and the MCC. This sort of membership would allow me to slip the CFC section through quietly... :wink:

I'm guessing that the reason the club doesn't have a Telstra Dome membership categories (for MCC members and AFL Members with Carlton Club Support only) is the worry of losing money. For instance, in your two cases such categories would see the club getting (say) $50 less out of each of you.

On the other hand such membership categories could bring in funds from Carlton supporting MCC and AFL Members who don't take out CFC memberships/add-ons as they don't want to pay twice for MCG access.

I don't know what info the club gets about their supporters within the MCC but the club does get info about the 5,300 AFL Members with Carlton Club Support. Therefore the club would know which of the latter take out a Gold upgrade and could use the info to work out what would be gained to offering a TD Gold upgrade.

My family are AFL Members and for a handful of years we'd taken out a Premium Gold upgrade. This year we decided not to renew, as we don't want reserved seats at the MCG and therefore feel that 45% of our money is wasted and the membership doesn't provide value. We want to reserved seats at TD only, and would be happy to take out a TD-only add-on. I know a few families who are in this situation - used to take out Gold upgrades, but now don't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next