Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:34 am 
Wayne Johnston

how about we strike up a deal with an NRL club.....like a brotherhood.

didnt collingwood attempt something like this with Man U or propose something like this a few years back???

We could offer joint memberships etc....promote their game to our supporters and our game to their supporters.

A club like South Sydney would be perfect. Rising up from the doldrums with a very wealthy man in charge (Russell Crowe).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:39 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sniff Wilson wrote:
how about we strike up a deal with an NRL club.....like a brotherhood.

didnt collingwood attempt something like this with Man U or propose something like this a few years back???

We could offer joint memberships etc....promote their game to our supporters and our game to their supporters.

A club like South Sydney would be perfect. Rising up from the doldrums with a very wealthy man in charge (Russell Crowe).

Sniff, I believe Collingwood already have a tie in with Souths. Not sure how formalised it is (ie access to games), but they have some sort of arrangement. Maybe we should try for the Roosters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:42 am 
Wayne Johnston

or the dragons....the roosters are shit...

oh, i see what you mean then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:15 am 
Harry Vallence

The Carlton Showbag

For only $300 you get

1. A fevola action doll- pull the cord and he says obscenities and before you know it you are 100m away from where you started.

2. Diet pills- These are personally nedorsed by the captain.

3. 5 tubes of pringles- clinical trials have shown that the diet pills make you hungry.

4. Pagan's guide to coaching. Each page contains the personal gameday doodling from the coach. Some of the etchings include 'Wayne Carey in a love heart', 'Wayne Carey and Denis riding off into the sunset' and his personal favourite; 'Lazyboy Moneybags'- This clearly depicts Denis in the future relaxing on the couch, watching the football on TV with piles of $100 bills beside him.

5. A copy of the blank cheques signed by Dick Pratt to a. Paul Roos b. Leigh Matthews c. Michael Voss d. Chris Judd e. Chris Judd f. Chris Judd (note. e-f cheques are from Visy, NOT Carlton football club)

6. A limited edition 2008 membership card. Entry into the ground guarantees a victory. (note: card can only be used in February and early March).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:06 am 
Bruce Doull

I have an idea.

Let's get a new coach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:21 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

chelodina wrote:
The Carlton Showbag

For only $300 you get

1. A fevola action doll- pull the cord and he says obscenities and before you know it you are 100m away from where you started.

2. Diet pills- These are personally nedorsed by the captain.

3. 5 tubes of pringles- clinical trials have shown that the diet pills make you hungry.

4. Pagan's guide to coaching. Each page contains the personal gameday doodling from the coach. Some of the etchings include 'Wayne Carey in a love heart', 'Wayne Carey and Denis riding off into the sunset' and his personal favourite; 'Lazyboy Moneybags'- This clearly depicts Denis in the future relaxing on the couch, watching the football on TV with piles of $100 bills beside him.

5. A copy of the blank cheques signed by Dick Pratt to a. Paul Roos b. Leigh Matthews c. Michael Voss d. Chris Judd e. Chris Judd f. Chris Judd (note. e-f cheques are from Visy, NOT Carlton football club)

6. A limited edition 2008 membership card. Entry into the ground guarantees a victory. (note: card can only be used in February and early March).

Nice... we should also note the doll can move its hands so they rest behind its head when it is not being played with, in addition to being able to remove its own socks and boots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 pm 
Horrie Clover

A couple of ideas

1: Bluelight Theatre.

Not sure if everyone has been to the Moonlight theatre in the Botanical Gardens, but I was thinking that Carlton could do something similar at MC Labour Park.

The Moonlight Theatre shows movies (Classics) on a large blow-up screen and patrons sit on the Lawn on rugs and watch the movies while enjoying a picnic dinner.

My thinking for the Bluelight Theatre would be to show classic Carlton games on the big screen. It could be a real family friendly experience. Timing is important as the Moonlight Theatre is open only during the hotter months. Maybe as a lead up to the season would be good, because the club could use the event as a marketing tool to sell memberships.

It would be great if you could get a guest speaker like Teddy Hopkins for the 1970 Grand Final to share his thoughts and emotions at different points in the game.

Money could also be made with merchandising, food and drinks, and even the gold class section (Champagne and Strawberries)

The costs would have to be low as Primary Schools have hired these screens on one off occasions for fundraising nights.

2. Pre Draft Night.

A night for the football crazy like myself.

Leading up to the National Draft a guest speaker gives us a run down of the top 30-50 prospects. I don’t expect a recruiter from Carlton to share their drafting intentions, but someone independent like Mojo to share their thoughts. Maybe a panel of three to four people??

Highlight packages of the players highlighting their strengths and weaknesses.

A Question and Answer session.

I reckon you could charge $50 for drinks and nibbles and attract and decent sort of a crowd.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Shakin77 wrote:
I reckon you could charge $50 for drinks and nibbles and attract and decent sort of a crowd.

Thoughts?

I reckon you might be right!

I like both these ideas shakin'.....although I think you might already know that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mrs Caz wrote:
Shakin77 wrote:

Thoughts?

I reckon you might be right!

I like both these ideas shakin'.....although I think you might already know that. :)

Agreed, brilliant work Shakin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:38 am 
Harry Vallence

1/An annual entertainment event at Princess Park ( around New Years maybe ) featuring ententainers that are Blues supporters and willing to give 1 day/night a year to the club. eg Hughesy

2/ Auction every home game match ball (signed ,stamped and dated by club)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:11 am 
Bruce Doull

In terms of entertainment at PP (once the redevelopment is done), how about a "Blues at the Blues" festival, and have a Big Day Out/Homebake type festival concert featuring blues musicians?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Shakin,

I think both of those ideas have merit. With the draft idea, another way of doing it would be to get someone like Sheehan to come in and give his thoughts on likely players. That way it's someone o'fficial' from the AFL without giving away the club's thoughts on players.

It could also be done as a pre-draft function directly before the function, with food served during the draft and it shown on tv. Then one of the Carlton people involved in the draft could come back to the club and discuss who drafted, why we drafted them, etc.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

Good stuff shakin! Keep the ideas coming.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8