Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:30 pm 
Serge Silvagni

molsey wrote:

Gerry - I would contend that Q4 v Bombers was Game Plan A in action - fast kicking, fast clearances, we overcame Fletcher playing back there with ease, kicking to advantage and a few lucky bounces did wonders for our pace.

I tend to disagree, we went man-on-man in the last quarter against the Bummers whereas for the first three qtrs Fletcher was allowed to play as a loose man in the last qtr ADL (I think) manned up on Fletcher and so that Fletcher's contribution became negligle as he had a man to worry about

Same thing happened against the Eagles in Harry Potter Final

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:41 am 
Robert Walls

We are playing a lot more defensively since the wizard cup and consequently we will struggle to get good service from the key forwards (imho the pagan style relies on attacking midfield etc) - we cant afford to do this atm because there is little faith in our backline (particularly talls) given the injuries to thornton/livingston - prior to that I think our midfield was more comfortable with running/carrying/pushing forward in waves as we could feel reasonably confident of a solid contest down back if a turn over ensued. This is no longer the case as norman/morell havent been able to manage the key defensive posts adequately since the injuries. We will be better when thornton resumes and improve offensively again when livingston is back.

no need to panic yet :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:01 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Blue Mark posted this in another thread today.
Quote:
Listened to a couple of interveiws during the week where Dennis emphasised the fact the clubs have worked out our gwme plan and are able to counter it.

I think this proves what I'm trying to get across. Our structure (particularly the way our forwards line up) has been worked out. It's not just an accuracy issue at all (while that doesn't bloody help! :evil: )

As I've said, I love Pagan and he's the man to take the club forward, but why (WHY!) did it take him 3 games to work this out when it was clear after the roos game.

By the way - ThePrez said:
Quote:
simonverbeek wrote:
and they're scoring cos our backline is crap and isn't forcing pressure shots.

see this is where i think people are going overboard with ti all.

You take your CHB and FB out of any team and see how the defence goes.

Mate, obviously I don't mean our full strength backline! Take my comments in context - I mean that our backline, as it has been since the injuries HAS been CRAP.

It is not bad luck that Ess scored 17.4 and Coll scored 15.1 against us - it is because our backline (as it lines up currently with injuries Prez) is crap and doesn't force pressure shots or rush long shots through (how frustrating are the long shots that we don't rush).

Bottom line - game plan needs some slight tinkering and I think Dennis knows it.

Go Blues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

simonverbeek wrote:
It is not bad luck that Ess scored 17.4 and Coll scored 15.1 against us - it is because our backline (as it lines up currently with injuries Prez) is crap and doesn't force pressure shots or rush long shots through (how frustrating are the long shots that we don't rush).

I disagree with this, there were an enormous amount of fluke goals and goals that really were through no fault of our own and teams would normally kick maybe 20% of them in a game, all going through