Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

TruBlueBrad wrote:
People attack Davies if he doesn't kick 8 goals a quarter like every other forward pocket(sorry still love that one)

I don't remember anyone demanding this of Davies, but to get frustrated after he kicks 1.3 2 games running is fair criticism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:23 pm 
Laurie Kerr

AGRO wrote:
I am not comparing Fevola to Warick Capper but it killed his career moving to Brisbane for the "bucks".

There will be plenty of room in the cap moving forward from 2006 onwards.

Fevola wont be going anywhere - why would you with the delivery he will get from Stevens.

If Fevola's management is smart they will tell him the story of Warick Capper and how many times he kicked 100 goals in a season after he didn't have Diesel and Healy delivering the ball to him laces out.

:wink:

I thought we were struggling just to keep our players now, with the cap only way i see it improving if Whitnall and Camporeale have their pay cut a lot or delisted next year and i dont think the club would do that to a player that has gave 10 years to the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
People attack Davies if he doesn't kick 8 goals a quarter like every other forward pocket(sorry still love that one)

I don't remember anyone demanding this of Davies, but to get frustrated after he kicks 1.3 2 games running is fair criticism.

Frustration understood, but I'd be more frustrated if he wasn't getting the scoring opportunities.

I reckon he's improved heaps this year, he seems to be creating more headaches for the defenders throughout the game, rather than the little cameo performances that he's had in the past. A tad more confidence and Juzzy will become a key to our success I reckon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Al Bundy the legend wrote:
AGRO wrote:
I am not comparing Fevola to Warick Capper but it killed his career moving to Brisbane for the "bucks".

There will be plenty of room in the cap moving forward from 2006 onwards.

Fevola wont be going anywhere - why would you with the delivery he will get from Stevens.

If Fevola's management is smart they will tell him the story of Warick Capper and how many times he kicked 100 goals in a season after he didn't have Diesel and Healy delivering the ball to him laces out.

:wink:

I thought we were struggling just to keep our players now, with the cap only way i see it improving if Whitnall and Camporeale have their pay cut a lot or delisted next year and i dont think the club would do that to a player that has gave 10 years to the club.

We wont have a salary cap problem next year.
If the club thinks that by chopping a player they will improve they will do it..
If were going to worry about 10 year players that have been very well looked after as to not hurt their feelings we havent learnt anything about list management.
Fortunately Elliott, Elliotts very young daughter , Justin Madden and David Parkin arent around the club at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:13 am 
Garry Crane

camelboy wrote:
Dual premiership player Blake Caracella, names don't get any bigger. :lol:

Classic CB :lol: :lol: :lol:

You forgot the biggest name ..... Shane Woewoeful hehehehe !!!!!
A brownlow medallist !!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:09 am 
Robert Walls

I suspect Fev's contract negotiations will drag on and go right down to the wire and it might be touch and go as to whether he stays or goes (gut feel only - no inside knowledge whatsoever!) - I base this for the following reasons
1. If he stays he will get significantly less than what will elsewhere
2. Though I dont have an issue with how much Fev might be paid by the club (upto 500k is fine with me), I would expect that any contract would be up to 3 years maximum and heavily performance based (due to Fev's previous issues on and off the field and because of how we have been burnt with previous contracts). However clubs competing for Fev's services will no doubt offer greater security and significantly more money than what the blues would be willing or able to offer - just look at troy simmonds contract at richmond was - 5years at 400k/yr (not 100% sure on this figure or if it is performance based etc) for a 27 yo ruckman/forward that isnt even close to being genuine star status. And richmond arent even near flag - a team that sees itself as a genuine flag threat might be more desperate when it comes to offering a contract.

I would like to think Fev would stay but I could easily see him leaving. At 23yrs, Fev should be starting to think about setting himself up for life - if for example the blues offered Fev a 3yr deal for 350k base salary and up to 150k of bonuses ie 500k all up (I think thats a reasonable offer) and another club came along offering a 5yr fixed at 500k (hypothetical contract based upon the troy simmonds deal) then all of a sudden its a HUGE decision for a 23yo to make. Not sure what people here would do, but I suspect if people are honest with themselves, most would take the money (guaranteed income irrespective of injuries etc - good for peace of mind in terms of family's future). I dont think I could begrudge him much if Fev left over such a contract actually.

As an aside just a few questions
Does anyone have an idea as to how much negotiations/talk is allowed to happen between player/player managers and potential clubs at this time of the year? And following along those lines how much can clubs talk to each other about trades/deals etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:11 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:

Thats because no one said it seriously...Deano joked about it in his rant.

You're right its fair criticism that he's kicked inaccurately, but its also pleasing he's having 4 shots on goal as a forward pocket. Better kicking 1.3 than 1.1

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I know 4thchicken had a reputation on TBV for being in favour of getting rid of Fevola and keeping Whitnall (and hence this made him unpopular). :P

Having said that - I don't know what compensation we would seek if he wanted out. We'd want at least one quality match-winner. The man can turn a football game on its head if he gets it right. He'll kick 10 one day (and he'll probably kick several bags of 10 if our midfield improves).

I'd offer him 400K on a 3 year contract, but wouldn't offer him anything longer than Pagan's tenure. If Pagan is as big an influence on Brendan, I don't think he'd leave. But if Denis left, then we can think about trading Brendan. Strange way of thinking, but I think that Fev will stay because Denis is here - here's hoping that other coaches don't get along with Fev but only find out when and if he gets traded to them. I hope he doesn't and he stays - but if he goes, I'd expect no less than a top 4 pick and a player.

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi - Copyright the Fevola Chat now.. and sell it to Fat Eddie for a mint!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:30 am 
Bruce Doull

Hmmmmm...........

a Miiiiint heyyyyy..........?

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:39 am 
Harry Vallence

The filth or any other club will not get Fev. He and his manager would be just testing the market to get a feel of his worth.

We will pay in between his current salary and slightly less than the market value. For those that understand remuneration structures and ranges, we'll be paying around the 75th or 80th quartile. :?

It's too early to tell his real worth at this stage, as he hasn't set the world on fire in H&A games this year yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:53 pm 
Robert Walls

[quote="CarltonClem"]I know 4thchicken had a reputation on TBV for being in favour of getting rid of Fevola and keeping Whitnall (and hence this made him unpopular). :P

CC - never been anti-Fev - more been anti Fev losing the plot and used it to counter balance the trade whitnall for pick 9000 posts :P

What would u do if you were a 23yo? - take a 350k+150k bonus 3 yr contract and stay at the club? or 5X500k guaranteed deal at another club - its a very tough choice for someone to make. agreed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:32 pm 
Garry Crane

You're right, it is a tough decision 4thchicken, but he has to draw the line somewhere and also show loyalty to a club that has shown A LOT of loyalty to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Oh yes I agree with you. Just watch out for people to go Fev did a Hamill posts though...

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Unlike AGRO, I'm going to compare Fev to Warwick Capper.

I reckon we should get Fev to release a single. He should cover Atomic

"Tonight...... tonight... make it right......
.. oh your hair is beautiful.... tonight.... tonight.....
Atomic"

BTW, can I say, opposition supporters....

"get a haircut Fevola" = instant genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:32 pm 
Robert Walls

CarltonClem wrote:
Oh yes I agree with you. Just watch out for people to go Fev did a Hamill posts though...

difference with hamill would be that Fev is actually a very good player with potential to be a superstar. When hamill left, he was only a good player with the potential to become a very good player