Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Forgive my elephant size mental block *as I'm sure I know the answer to this*, but isn't there a way we as supporters can accelerate the 'Get rid of Smorgon' AGM?? I can't bare to wait until March - after the season begins (giving the current board a potential smokescreen) - to get the wheels in motion for booting most of these clowns out...

To agree with previous sentiments in another thread, IMO we should retain Sticks *to remain on the board, and NOT on the MC*, and Lee - who has not had the proper opportunity to show his real worth...

Anyways, back to my question - is there a way, any way?! :( For somebody who remains positive in most aspects in regards to Carlton (and my life in general for that matter), I can safely say that I *among many others* am over the terrible handling of club issues (both on and off field), the incompetency to resuscitate this club back to life with minimal fuss (and media attention) and the poor attempt at 'spin doctoring' the club to make those in charge appear as if they are in complete control... it's like a 10 year old trying to photo shop a hideously ugly person into a model.

Wow, my post is now half question, half rant... my apologies.

...but not really. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:41 pm 
John James

There is no point in forcing anything unless we have something to compare it to. Getting 100 signatures and forcing an EGM withoug having another ticket is an exercise in futility. People keep telling us that change is coming, but I will believe it when I see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 pm 
Ken Hands

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

That thought was in the back of my mind SA Blue, I would just hope that these 'mysterious challengers' would step up, even if it meant having less time to prepare, should an EGM/no confidence be called...

But you answered my question! *and jogged my memory*

Will the incumbents be challenged in the near future, or will it wait until March?? Every Friday I hold out hope :roll: but I've long given up on getting any indication from those on here who supposedly are 'in the know'... geez, I've got a better chance of finding out by talking to Caro - but then I'd turn to stone... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

Carlton God wrote:

Is that the extent of your infinite wisdom that you wish to impart on this thread?? I can't believe you actually took time out to source that picture, was it worth the effort - or did you just come across it during your research into Universal Remote Consoles?! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

The way things are going, I'd be surprised if there was a challenge at all. If the carnage over the last 4-5yrs wasn't enough to flush out potential saviours what is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

Megaman wrote:
The way things are going, I'd be surprised if there was a challenge at all. If the carnage over the last 4-5yrs wasn't enough to flush out potential saviours what is?

There won't be a challenge because it's all too hard, it seems nobody wants to get their hands dirty. The current board is lambasted by all and sundry yet nobody wants to take up the challenge of showing that they can do a better job. I don't necessarily buy the idea that the last 4-5 years should be a turn-off for potential saviours - sure it's a risk but the prospect of potentially reviving a great football club to somewhere near its past glories should be pretty enticing, a real challenge yes but imagine the plaudits if you could pull that off. Imagine the respect and recognition you would gain. You would also be taking control of a club that appears to have a bright on-field future with a group of very talented young players who should at the very least ensure possibilities of future on-field success. We just need someone to be a bit daring and adventurous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blues2005 wrote:
I don't necessarily buy the idea that the last 4-5 years should be a turn-off for potential saviours

What I meant was that if watching the club they love fall apart at the seams over this period wasn't enough to motivate those with the power/cash to get involved and change things then what will it take?

Maybe going into admin/liquidation/relocation??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:17 am 
Harry Vallence

[quote="Maybe going into admin/liquidation/relocation??[/quote]

How about the Carlton Pacific Islanders?

The we could get Barney Banana to coup everytime we wished

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:34 pm 
Bruce Comben

Megaman's observation is spot on. Who if they haven't already had a go would stand up which raises another question. If the hoards of contributors to this forum were successful in overthrowing the President, Vice President and any other holder of office, which Knight in shinning armour dare I ask would you suggest take over.