Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

beggers cant be choosers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

titimus wrote:
keogh wrote:
Gibbs will go number one because midfielders win flags(as do ruckman)Lets fix one problem at a time.Why would you recruit Hansen or Gumberton when we have Kennedy already. Hartlett may finally get an injury free run and finally shows what he can do in a key position. We need to get Gibbs to cement the midfield .He is the best theres been for a while. The fact that we went for Ackland tells me that Leunberger is going somewhere else.Gibbs is the safest bet for a ready made player from round one 2007.

Tity read the descriptions of the players by mojo in the recruiting section. Gibbs is a player that comes along once every couple of years not every year. He starred for the Glenelg seniors and will only get better.

Want me to continue. If Gibbs doesnt go number one after we have recruited Ackland TC will go into meltdown.

I agree that having Kennedy means that Gumbleton slides down to fourth in our list of potential no.1 players. But to apply that theory to Hansen as well is a little short-sighted.

Hansen is a tall, athletic, quick and skilled CHB who from all reports is a contested marking freak. I'm salivating at the prospect of having Kennedy and Hansen as our bookends at either end of the ground for the next 10 years.

If you are basing your argument on Mojo's appraisals -- he actually rates Hansen higher than Gibbs so the sentence that he 'is a player that comes along once every couple of years, not every year' (which is preceded by the suggestion that I read Mojo's profiles) isn't that valid.

You are entitled to want the CFC to draft Gibbs, it's just an opinion. AFAIK though I wouldn't put the house on it if I were you because it's not as black and white as you think it is.

With ya there, Tits.

Bring on the CHB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kennyhunter wrote:
titimus wrote:
keogh wrote:
Gibbs will go number one because midfielders win flags(as do ruckman)Lets fix one problem at a time.Why would you recruit Hansen or Gumberton when we have Kennedy already. Hartlett may finally get an injury free run and finally shows what he can do in a key position. We need to get Gibbs to cement the midfield .He is the best theres been for a while. The fact that we went for Ackland tells me that Leunberger is going somewhere else.Gibbs is the safest bet for a ready made player from round one 2007.

Tity read the descriptions of the players by mojo in the recruiting section. Gibbs is a player that comes along once every couple of years not every year. He starred for the Glenelg seniors and will only get better.

Want me to continue. If Gibbs doesnt go number one after we have recruited Ackland TC will go into meltdown.

I agree that having Kennedy means that Gumbleton slides down to fourth in our list of potential no.1 players. But to apply that theory to Hansen as well is a little short-sighted.

Hansen is a tall, athletic, quick and skilled CHB who from all reports is a contested marking freak. I'm salivating at the prospect of having Kennedy and Hansen as our bookends at either end of the ground for the next 10 years.

If you are basing your argument on Mojo's appraisals -- he actually rates Hansen higher than Gibbs so the sentence that he 'is a player that comes along once every couple of years, not every year' (which is preceded by the suggestion that I read Mojo's profiles) isn't that valid.

You are entitled to want the CFC to draft Gibbs, it's just an opinion. AFAIK though I wouldn't put the house on it if I were you because it's not as black and white as you think it is.

With ya there, Tits.

Bring on the CHB.

I'm worried now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Josh Fraser...Tarrant and Rocca haven't had the impact of Buckley....nowhere near it.

He's been their only constant....with Clement.....neither player 200cm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

What time is the draft on Nov 25th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

The question of which player carlton should pick number 1 in the draft should be also based on what type of player would be most beneficial to the club in the long term.

IMO midfielders are now more important than key forwards and backs. Sure Lynch from West Coast probably was the difference this year with his improvement but West Coast are what they are because of their midfield. Lynch would be just a player if he playe in a bottom 4 side. Further to Mojo's descriptions Gibbs will be handy up forward as well which counteracts the case for Hansen to some degree. Assuming Gibbs does go number one then we need to draft a player with explosive speed as well.Blackwell,Bentick,Murphy and Gibbs arnt the quickest going around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

keogh wrote:

last year i think it was in the morning around 10-ish i think. i remember i had a cricket match that morning and the only thing on my mind was who we'd draft. and again this year, i've got a cricket match on the same date as the draft.

Last edited by true_blue3 on Mon Sep 26, 1981 5:07 pm; edited 92 times in total

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:

yeah could someone also tell me that coz i go to schoolies on the 25th so i wanna know what time it will be. Because i dont want to miss the blues read out Bryce Gibbs. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

It's usually about 10am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:39 pm 
formerly blue-insider

The Tyrant wrote:
Look, the more I think about it, the more I think its a good decision. Welcome aboard Cain.... just try and get fit and, if possible, not suck!

And here's a tip... if you let DeLuca appear better than you, its time to pack up the surfboard and ride into the sun

I'm glad you've switched from the dark side young jedi.
Mr. Tyrant I believe Cain will serve us well. Bring on 07!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

DenimUndies wrote:
Synbad wrote:
true_blue24 wrote:
now that we're done complaining (i hope) and it is understandable that this may not haev been the right choice but can we focus on what kind of a player ackland is? we know his short and can pinch hit up forward? but what are his strengths, what are the positives he will bring to the cfc next year?

He has no real positives to bring to this club next year ( not unlike your good self at the moment Synbad ) ... nothing the year after.. and nothing the year after that. ( also not unlike your good self unless your attitude changes) .. but we will have to keep him for the three years or pay him out... "But noone will understand what those draft penalties have done to this club "... we are into the third year of a five year sentence".. blah blah blah....

How times change, I haven’t posted in here before so my virgin post isn’t going to go down well I suspect. My last post was on another forum a year or so ago. and i have to say i actually used to enjoy reading your posts Synbad. But F%&*%$ me all Ive read from you whilst surveying this site which is a damn good forum ( congrats to the all of you) has been utter negativity. I dont know whats gotten your bones out of joint but i dont think ive read one positive post from you in here. And i know your habitual response will be that there is nothing positive to comment on. And there in lies the essence of your attitude, theres been positives and there will continue to be, but when a so called passionate supporter does nothing but bag the hell out of everything that comes out of the club its more likely that same supporters priority is his own self promotion. Now your not ever going to be recognised by the president the coach or the players for having been the visionary of our time so just sit back relax and let the people that know more than you do their thing. hey thats what lifes about enjoy the ride.

Go Blues

Enjoying the ride????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol: This was a flowering good thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Jarusa wrote:
:lol: This was a flowering good thread.

Haven't laughed so much for quite some time :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:48 am 
Bruce Doull

This went well hey..............!

kindest regards tommii

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:59 am 
Bruce Doull

grrofunger wrote:
He is better than the lot we have at the moment - this doesnt mean the club sees this as the be all and end all of the ruck solution

talk about panic stations - sheesh !

It probably says we will take Gibbs and not leuenberger which should please the majority of people.

Ackland is the best available at this stage and as i said better than a Deluca, Mclaren,Bryan combination

His 3 years may get us through while say a Renouf develops or Aisake.

Welcome aboard Cain - I wish you all the best

Oh Cain also shows some aggression at times on the field - a trait we severely lack.

Our ruck stocks are now better than they were yesterday.

i was on drugs this day

agression LOL !!!

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:46 am 
Rod Ashman

Ando the Wonderkid wrote:
None of you know me from a bar of soap, well a few of you clean people do, but I know an ex-recruiter (mainly VFA to VFL) and we talk footy whenever we catch up. He said:

* Ackland is a great pickup for us and that none of the others in the ruck in our list are much chop
* Ackland is short for a ruckman but hard at it for a ruckman
* everyone knew that Ackland was being asked to play injured all year

This guy hates Pagan from junior footy days (I think Pagan ended his career) and rarely praises the Blues (except for Murphy and Simpson) so to hear him say this was interesting.

In honour of this I am turning around and will sort of support Ackland. In that honour I ask that my username be changed to Ackland the Wonderkid. :lol:
ha ha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:06 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Rambo Stallone wrote:
Ando the Wonderkid wrote:
None of you know me from a bar of soap, well a few of you clean people do, but I know an ex-recruiter (mainly VFA to VFL) and we talk footy whenever we catch up. He said:

* Ackland is a great pickup for us and that none of the others in the ruck in our list are much chop
* Ackland is short for a ruckman but hard at it for a ruckman
* everyone knew that Ackland was being asked to play injured all year

This guy hates Pagan from junior footy days (I think Pagan ended his career) and rarely praises the Blues (except for Murphy and Simpson) so to hear him say this was interesting.

In honour of this I am turning around and will sort of support Ackland. In that honour I ask that my username be changed to Ackland the Wonderkid. :lol:
ha ha

Yep, but I further changed my name after Round 3 when I realised I'd been duped by that knob of a bloke.

Post subject: Re: Ackland joins Blues
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:57 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Oh the memories. Found out this news at Canberra airport using an Internet terminal. For the life of me, can't remember what I was doing in Canberra in October 2006 but will never forget reading the news of Cain joining the Blues.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lol verbs - one of those "I was doing *blah blah* when JFK was shot" moments?

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:09 am 
Bruce Doull

one of those "I was doing Cain Ackland when JFK was shot" moments...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next