Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Tredrea will throw Digby around like a rag doll, and we'll play the whole lot of them back into form. Thank god they're out of sorts, imagine an effort like yesterday against Port in good form!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:02 am 
Rod Ashman

What about bringing Bentick into the team - get him to play back pocket and move Carazzo to the midfield. No matter what you think of Carazzo he can find the ball ... and quite a lot of it.

Longmuir? is he a chance?... Synbad... who will come in this week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:12 am 
Geoff Southby

Tap, I'd prefer Bentick on ball than Carrots, just for Benticks quality of disposal. He may get pushed around a little given Port are such sledgers and really try to knock over the youngsters, but he's up for it. That being said, not sure Pagan shares my views on bentick yet.

Port play 3 tall, 3 short in forwards, so I think we need Livo back if available and maybe a Bannister to play tight on one of the Burgoynes.

In - Livo, Bannister, Walker, Bentick
Out - Johnson, Campo (susp.), Scotland (susp.), Prendergast (Use him or play him in the 2's)

Livo hasn't played for a while so could be a big risk, but we'll need spare defenders, even if only to rotate on their key players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

molsey wrote:
Tap, I'd prefer Bentick on ball than Carrots, just for Benticks quality of disposal. He may get pushed around a little given Port are such sledgers and really try to knock over the youngsters, but he's up for it. That being said, not sure Pagan shares my views on bentick yet.

Port play 3 tall, 3 short in forwards, so I think we need Livo back if available and maybe a Bannister to play tight on one of the Burgoynes.

In - Livo, Bannister, Walker, Bentick
Out - Johnson, Campo (susp.), Scotland (susp.), Prendergast (Use him or play him in the 2's)

Livo hasn't played for a while so could be a big risk, but we'll need spare defenders, even if only to rotate on their key players.

Molsey - some good points here.
Bentick- did he play back pocket last year? as he was pretty good in the games i saw him play.

Scotland suspended??? - i didn't see that incident. Maybe if he says he is good friends with Lloyd and Solomon he might get off.

Prendergast... i would keep in the team. Goes at the ball hard.

In: Bentick and Livingston
Out: Johnson and Wiggins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Prenders does, tap, no doubt about it, but his game tmie is limited, evenw hen we're getting run over.

Bentick played defence in some VFL games, but was mostly a defensive onballer in his limited game time at AFL level.

I included Walker because we need some pizazz up forward - we're a bit standard except when Eddie chases someone down. I think we need Lappin there permanently, or Houla, or a Walker, plus a Betts.

Yeah, keep an eye out for Scotland/ i guess the match review will be announced shortly?