Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:45 am 
Bruce Comben

have scored more goals in all Wizbang games compared to Weagals

table of goals so far

Carlton 31
Weagles 27
Dogs 24
Roos 23

Go Blues!!

Last edited by BlueBoys on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:02 am 
Robert Walls

hopefully the doggies dont go the super flood. only problem is if they go for s shoot out they mey beat us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:06 am 
Bruce Comben

thegezman wrote:
hopefully the doggies dont go the super flood. only problem is if they go for s shoot out they mey beat us.

With Chris Grant's goalkicking yips? Not a chance - and if he plays down the back half, even better.

The only way they can beat us is if we choke. If they flood, we've got enough blokes who can kick the long goals, especially if players like Fev lead straight up the ground from the goalsquare. Chambers has more than proven he's a long kick.

Enter goal sneaks like Betts and hopefully we'll put enough goals on the board. I don't think the Dogs are capable of a score of 80+ - and the Blues (for once) have proven that triple-digits is not beyond them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:13 am 
Craig Bradley

Fishman Dan wrote:
and the Blues (for once) have proven that triple-digits is not beyond them.

actually twice - we scored in excess of 100+ points both games :D

actually that is a positive that none of us have mentioned yet. the fact that we seem capable of scoring 100+ a game :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:22 am 
Harry Vallence

We should win and win well, therefore entitling us to a home Wizzer finale. The Weagles, however, have home ground advantage against the Roos this week and on a hard surface could post a big score.... :(

Go Blues :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:34 am 
Robert Walls

i'll be spweing if we make the gf and then have to play in perth.

but i'd rather that then not play in the gf.

if we make the grannie and get to host it, i'll be coming down for the game i reckon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:41 am 
Bruce Comben

ScottSaunders wrote:
actually that is a positive that none of us have mentioned yet. the fact that we seem capable of scoring 100+ a game :D

It appears that we've broken free of the Britain legacy - kick 10 goals in the first quarter, and 2 more for the following 3 quarters. :roll:

Bring back the old Championship Quarter of the early 80's!!! Those were the days.. [whistful sigh....]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:02 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm a bit worried about the Rodney Eade Hyper-Flood. Won't be very impressed if we win a scrappy, tight game and end up having to travel to bloody Perth because of his horrible gameplan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 am 
Harry Vallence

go the kangas.

they win and game is at dome regardless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

If the doggies employ this 'super flood' is short sharp passes into the forward line the way to combat it? Or do we continue to bomb long but have our smart smalls in Betts and Lappo there to kill them with crumbing goals?

Also, could be an advantage for the blues if Smith is rubbed out - will lessen their ability to kick super goals, as he tends to get a few. Whereas on the flipside - we have the super goal master in Chambers. Fev also has the ability to kick a couple of SGs as well.

THoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:27 pm 
Robert Walls

hey if the roos and blues win, it will be like the saint and cats playing the wiz GF and then two weeks latter at the same venue for round one.

woah spooky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:30 pm 
John Nicholls

North are going to have to put up a bloody good show to beat the rampaging Eagles.
They are on fire at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:38 pm 
Bruce Comben

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
If the doggies employ this 'super flood' is short sharp passes into the forward line the way to combat it? Or do we continue to bomb long but have our smart smalls in Betts and Lappo there to kill them with crumbing goals?

Also, could be an advantage for the blues if Smith is rubbed out - will lessen their ability to kick super goals, as he tends to get a few. Whereas on the flipside - we have the super goal master in Chambers. Fev also has the ability to kick a couple of SGs as well.

THoughts?

As long as we keep the ball moving, we should do okay. The flood tends to work best when you can slow up the opposition to the point where they have to take 15+ seconds to make a decision.

In the first couple of games we really have been good at moving the ball quickly from defence into attack using accurate disposal. This has meant that Fev and the all-new Whitnall have been having a field day. Their admiral hard work has been reminiscent of Whitnall/Hamill in 98/99, where they pushed back to the half back line in order to open up our forward line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueBoys wrote:
have scored more goals in all Wizbang games compared to Weagals

table of goals so far

Carlton 31
Weagles 27
Dogs 24
Roos 23

Go Blues!!

NTBlues dreaming final venue... :idea: Carlton beat Bulldogs 24 goals to 20, Eagles beat Roos 16 goals to 8. Goal table therefore finishes up equal and final to be held at Marrara in Darwin as neutral venue...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:33 pm 
Bruce Comben

OK, getting ahead of myself here as we need to win on Satuurday...but as the posters on this site are rarely wrong I needent worry....but....

Make no mistake I want to have the Wizard GF at the Dome - I want to go and see us win some Silverware, what a great way to christen the new homw, however - is it such a bad thing if we have to play at Subi? Good for young players to experience the pressure (more likely to be a packed house at Subi as opposed to the Dome if we are playing the Weagles) and good for team to go away on a trip together and bond prior to start of the season.

Brisbane IIRC went to Port for the WC GF a couple of years ago (2001 I think) and it was the start of a golden era for them....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:37 pm 
John Nicholls

Vinnie, does the saying "House Of Pain" mean anything to you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

I dont know if i am right, but i think it was the Coll Vs WC, where i heard them say that the home ground adv goes by who scores the most for that game that they r playing. eg Blues ovrall 107 beat Dogs ovrall 80 and then WC ovrall 102 beat Roos 98, that the game wiil be played at TD because the blues kicked the highest score. If WC kick a higher score than us then we will have to travel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

If we beat the Dogs I couldn't care less where we played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think we should worry about winning this Saturday night, and then we'll look at where we'll have to play. As Pagan would say "you can only worry about the things in your control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:40 am 
Bruce Comben

phoenix johnson wrote:
Vinnie, does the saying "House Of Pain" mean anything to you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It does...Phoenix...it does. Remember the days we used to relish going to Subiaco and ouur record there was better than any other club's. That game in '95 where we went over and spanked them in I think it was Rd 20 or 21 was the day I knew we'd we win the premiership....

I'm not saying I want to play the game at Subi...just that every cloud has a silver lining. It may mean we drop to wizard cup, but it may mean more for our squad in the longer term.