Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Speedy wrote:
Slyuss wrote:
Shes a total freakin waste of time... just like half the carlton board.
They're a useless bunch of half-wits. :garthp:

Got it about right. half the board is crap and half OK. We need a leader by nature, not a leader by name. Someone who can re-unite this club - all of its factions, and steer a steady course. I do not believe dog is the person Anyone got any ideas?

Not sure that Dog's going to even run. He may well be a front for a number of others who'll form around him.

Mort Sahl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

BV and Agro are spot on. Diggins may not be contributing greatly, I don't know and I suspect most of the TCers don't either. But her CV isn't bad. Having someone who runs a really successful gallery - ie business - and deals with a range of people not necessarily courted by footy clubs is not a bad thing. Also if you make a good living out of art you know a thing or two about schmoozing and selling a difficult to understand message to people. Also she has a strong Carlton link through Brighton Diggins. Not sure if because she is a woman , and an art dealer makes her an any less worthy Carlton person than anyone here, or any tinpot businessman on the board. Maybe it's time for her to go, but I don't think being low profile means you don't do much. And dane if you don't know enough about Carlton history to know her connection to the club, check up before you post, it's not that hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:45 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

gerry atric wrote:
BV and Agro are spot on. Diggins may not be contributing greatly, I don't know and I suspect most of the TCers don't either. But her CV isn't bad. Having someone who runs a really successful gallery - ie business - and deals with a range of people not necessarily courted by footy clubs is not a bad thing. Also if you make a good living out of art you know a thing or two about schmoozing and selling a difficult to understand message to people. Also she has a strong Carlton link through Brighton Diggins. Not sure if because she is a woman , and an art dealer makes her an any less worthy Carlton person than anyone here, or any tinpot businessman on the board. Maybe it's time for her to go, but I don't think being low profile means you don't do much. And dane if you don't know enough about Carlton history to know her connection to the club, check up before you post, it's not that hard.

And the crack about the coffee dane - not nice.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DownUnderChick wrote:
gerry atric wrote:

sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:03 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

dane wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:
gerry atric wrote:

sorry.

Your forgiven dane. :)

I know that you are frustrated as we all are and I think that something will happen sooner rather than later in forcing a change at Board level. By sooner, I believe before trade week in early October.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:00 pm 
John James

Hey DUC, Are you able to put a % chance on something happening before October?

Will it result in a change of coach?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DownUnderChick wrote:
dane wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:
gerry atric wrote:

cheers, i hope a change comes about soon it will be a good birthday present for me if something is announced in early october.

sorry.

Your forgiven dane. :)

I know that you are frustrated as we all are and I think that something will happen sooner rather than later in forcing a change at Board level. By sooner, I believe before trade week in early October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:47 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Robert Heatley wrote:

The rumour is that it will happen in December and be ready by the AGM about March/April.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:16 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Robert Heatley wrote:

RH it's just a gut feeling that I have about the timing. But I believe that DP will be safe at least for another year.

The Board on the other hand, I am not so sure about.