Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Well has been an eventful 2 days with many questions raised and even more not answered

Well in light of the day after / after yep 48 hours and having been reflecting on many thoughts like many ... i would believe that some facts have spilled out many questions remain un answered many un-truths seem to have been spread but then i am sure some truths have emerged

I guess the main thoughts from all these events i believe that
* The Board has shown have really performed rather poorly in how they have performed and also in the way they have been percieved. What hasnt helped is that there have been leaks a plenty and of many bits n pieces which is even more of a poor reflection that these leaks have been permitted to come into the media spotlight and worse that someone or people are actually leaking internal information to the public / media

* The Media have also created there own storied added things and been a vehicle for any leaked info but in bits n pieces so we get a very messy picture. I guess you have to be careful exactly what has been said and what they have speculated on as some maybe fact but a lot will be created to generate even more bad publicity and create more uncertainty. We have created a media circus and having made this circus have a massive impact back on our club.

Well we need to becareful how much we read and perhaps we should just let this whole thing play out and not create our own hysteria. In actual fact this is what we wanted .. we wanted a review of the football department and it hasnt even been completed.. we know there will be changes and casulties we should wait and see what comes through. If this had been behind closed doors it would have been far more productive and be much better handled.. For this the Board has failed badly and well again we can wait until the next AGM to see what comes from that.

Anyway all this creates people wanting to pull back support not renew membership ect

I for one will buy my membership try not to get caught up now in all the media hype ... i have my own opinions of the board... but when i read comments by a player like Marc Murphy so far he seems to be what we should look up to and see the positive future of the Blues.
When you read his enjoyment of winning, Also his passion to be someone who will bring back the glory years of the Blues and bring them back up to where they should be .. you have to say if he believes this then if everything else look bleak ... then back our future and back someone who is outside all the politics and support the club for players like Murph.. if we dont believe in the club and a player like Murph eventually he wont give a stuff either..

Cheers lets let all the dust settle and hope that out of all the crap something good emerges... or pin your hopes on Murphy and the new kids coming through