Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wouldn't say time to go - he finds the pill with regularity for a defender. His disposal's not great, yeah, but that can be fixed. An ability to find the pill isn't taught. I likes the cut of his jib - he's a fixture in my back 6, as he has scope for improvement as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:18 pm 
Trevor Keogh

it's obvious his disposal is iffy at best, but he's not alone unfortunately!

in wizz cup, our preferred option downfield was available. we were able to dispose of the ball without having to think too much about it. it was often a matter of executing a training drill.

kangas and scum (for 3 qtrs) by having that free man in defence have managed to create that moment's hesitation. a lot of our guys have then made poor decisions or skill errors.

it's something we have to work towards overcoming as a team, not just carrazzo or whoever. we'll be better off down the track. i'm sure the coaching staff will be coming up with training drills to counter this spare man shit.

i like the way carrazzo hits the ball at pace. he's intense and dynamic. he's still very inexperienced, but has been a good player in each of his 4 games .... not a bad start!

like jarusa said in another thread, it's a measure of the gameplan that we have stayed in touch in both games despite being outplayed mostly.

Post subject: Carrots
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Carrots found more of the footy than our bottom 6 combined.Tardy ,yes.We have been crying out for years for a player to find the footy.Now we have found one he is the whipping boy.Complete and utter shite.Every skill known to man can be taught except one.And that is the skill of finding the footy.It comes naturally to this ball magnet.Carrots ability to negate,and in turn gain possesion is uncanny.Apart from Tex,best debut against dees last year i have seen from a blues player for many a year.This guy is a real discovery and a midfield role is his for the taking in time.I am a Tex fan,but the fact is he didnt trouble the statistician once last week and had to go back to the magoos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

Not everything bb is saying is far off the mark.

I wouldn't drop him to the Ants but his disposal is below average in my books. Towards the end of the game last night i was starting to say "Oh crap" when he was about to dispose of the pill because i knew it would more than likely be a sloppy disposal.

Can you believe you have to pay $5.10 for a mid strength pot of beer at the footy!!! F@cking Evans!!!! :evil: :x :evil: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

Yeah, thats a tough call, but i have to admit i was calling for his head too towards the end of the 3rd quarter, but it's amazing how a win changes everything.

His kicking is shocking but he gets the ball and runs...which we need, but then again you can't have a bloke who'll just handpass all the time because he can't kick.
Leave him in the team and lets give him time to improve....
I'd love to see him develope into something special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Drop Carazzo. Thats a funny joke. Oh.. its not a joke.
I wanted Lappin dragged before Carazzo. He didnt want to be within 10m of M Johnson all night . Very costly keeping him on johnson thwe whole game. Needed a Wiggins type who has no fear.

Post subject: Buz
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Thats not even funny Buz.You are entitled to question skinnies game for sure,coz he had a shocker last night,but his courage is beyond question.I am steaming just at the suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Strange discussion..........

i like the kid.....shows spiwet.........!

if i remember correctly(thin ice hey?)but.....
one Mr Brett Ratten started his career in
the back pocket........doing "roughly"....the
same job as young Andrew.......!

yes he finds the ball....he goes hard.....and
he can kick long'ish......!

and yes Mr Harris.....very Spiro and Peter....in
looks and style....kinda.......!

for what its worth......i don't believe we have
anything to gain by dropping him.......!

he is not our whipping boy......and should
not be our whipping boy......!

we must no longer have whipping boys.......!

unless you have a penchant.....for leather
underpants.......theeeeen.......go bananas.......!

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

maxyblue wrote:
i like the way carrazzo hits the ball at pace. he's intense and dynamic. he's still very inexperienced, but has been a good player in each of his 4 games .... not a bad start!

I like his vision to MaxyBlue - also about as good as yours - picking out a fellow TCer, in a crowd (from behind), yeah I was the guy wearing the 2005 Carlton Membership Cap. :shock: :wink: Good to see you!!! Great game. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

drop him?

never heard so much shite before in my life, at one stage there i thought i was in the English Premeir League discussion and reading the shite Lucablue normally spews forth.

Carazzo - is now a starting 18 player for us.

drop him :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:52 pm 
Garry Crane

Hogg & Rice were no superstars, yet won a flag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carrazzo is a little ripper who should NOT be dropped.....

..... but we do need a bloody good skills coach for him, Waite, Davies et.al. If Davies is trying to hit someone on the chest 30 metres away, he should turn 90 degrees and kick a flukey banana kick, cos he'd hit the target every time.

Its a big problem with us, really. Walker is the same.

BB is right to a point. His kicking is a liability.... but his winning ability exceeds that.

I agree we need to have a bit of faith..... and get the best skills coach around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

The kicking of half the team is an issue, not just Carrazzo.

Having said that, we'll probably hit out targets next week... feel like the team has hit some form yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

What the??????

I know 43% of all stats dont really count but if i am right, and i stand to be corrected, but he has played like 8 games of footy and has not had a game where he has had under 16 poss. He has been 1 of the only players who has put in for all 8 qtrs this year. He finds the footy, he has PACE, he puts his head in and has/will be taking the best small foward each week.

Oh and just 1 more thing. This from the game last night.
15 kicks
6 handballs= 21 poss
With those 21 poss he put the ball inside 50 6 times, the same amount of times as Stevo and that was also the most.
Took 7 marks. The same amount as Lance, this to was also the most.
3, thats right 3 clangers. Same amount as Kouta.
6 tackles, same amount as Teague and Lappin. This was also the most in our team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
if i remember correctly(thin ice hey?)but.....
one Mr Brett Ratten started his career in
the back pocket........doing "roughly"....the
same job as young Andrew.......!

Tommi, Wisdom beyond your dots :wink:

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:52 pm 
Bob Chitty

ballistic blues wrote:
His disposal is shocking, his decision making making shocking, he constantly puts team mates under pressure. Sorry mate but your time is up out Carrazzo in Bannister or Walker

No WAY!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

He knows how to get the ball, granted he makes a few mistake i love this kid. Should have a good year with us and who knows what type of player he could be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

King Leonidas wrote:
Hogg & Rice were no superstars, yet won a flag.

Dean Rice Played over 200 games of league football - missed at least 2 full years through injury could play half back or half forward. Would run straight and hard and had courage and a disregard for personal safety that makes Teague look soft by comparison

Matty Hogg also would have played somewhere around 180 games - consistently tagged the likes of Hocking, Wanganeen, Bourke, Harvey, Lamb, O'Donnell, Knights, Long, Riccardi, Stevens, Scott, West etc etc. Never ever remember him putting in a shocker

These are the guys that win you flags - they are the support for your superstars. They are team players who do the ordinary things extraordinarily well. These are the guys who Parko used to give jobs to - and rarely had to repeat his instructions.

Also Hoggy smacked Mick McGuane in the face when he first came to carlton - there should be a trophy or a perpetual award in honour of that alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:34 pm 
Garry Crane

Keep him in I say, playing a darn fine game for his age

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Ultimately, his kicking may not be so much a problem as his decision making. He kicked largely to contests and very few of our marking players were giving a halfway decent conest, or indeed running hard to make spaces.

With a kid like Carazzo, fresh into the seniors game, who has spent 3 odd years on a rookie list thinking he would never get a shot, and then under pressure to keep his spot from more experienced blokes like Bowyer, Clarke, Bannister, not to mention some young guns like Simmo and Bentick - you would expect he'd have a bit of pressure on him to make the right decisions on the field - who knows maybe he panics a bit? I think technically his biggest problem is his kicks float a bit high, giving opposition players time to make the contest. Unlike Jarrad Waite who often kicks the ball a mile or two wide (AW similarly).

As many have said, there were many missed targets and turnovers yesterday, and many of them probably go back to the inability of our marking players to run into space and provide kicking options.

This is one area where we really miss Fisher (apart from his sheissenhausen kicking too!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next