Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Fev and Pagan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:46 am 
Bruce Doull

Watching the game on TV it was interesting that Denis made a point to wait for Fev and put his arm around his shoulder and give him a pat on the back as he was the last player into the rooms. They really appear to have a very good relationship and I think that those images are very heartening for those concerned about other clubs making overtures toward Fev in light of his contract being up this season. If he were to leave the club despite Pagan's apparent nurturing of him I'd be more than extremely surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:52 am 
Bruce Comben

Fev ain't going nowhere, don't worry. Dennis knows that he is a huge key to us. Thought Fev worked really hard the last quarter. He's just gotta realise that teams are going to triple team etc from time to time. But as long as he works his arse off, guys like Eddie will end up with the loose pill.

Great to see Lance stand up too tonight, after him and Fev were sadly missing last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:57 am 
Bruce Doull

I think if Eddie is able to play in a similar fashion for the next few weeks it'll ease the pressure on Fev a little. Opposion backmen will have to keep tabs on Eddie when they commit to double or triple teaming Fev. As long as Fev can make a contest of it Eddie will swoop on the loose ball like a seagull on a chip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

Father son relationship.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I reckon Denis was just saying well done, you didn't have a great night, but you stuck with it and played a great last quarter.

In the past Fev might have dropped his head a little and not kicked goals and created opportunities like he did. I'm glad Denis did it because its exactly what I would have liked to have said to him.

How good is to have Fev kicking 3 and 2 goials and not dominating the game. He's going to play a lot better than he is right now...and thats not to say I think he's playing poorly now.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010