Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

dane wrote:
robertbb wrote:
The more wins we string together, the closer we are to a loss.

I'll take an honourable loss to Melb (can't see us winning), then get the cavalry back for GWS and GCS.

17: Melbourne 2021
16: Geelong 2022
14: Carlton 2023
13: Richmond 2019/20, Hawthorn 2013

Works for me.

Exactly!
We just win our next 7 games and have a loss in Round 1, 2024 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

No losses in Round 1 - no matter what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I think it is good we aren't rushing players back. It is reinforcing to the players that TEAM comes first. That it's all about SYSTEM. And the more fringe types gain confidence and belief as they keep getting games and know that when their number is called they can thrive because of the SYSTEM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Looks like no changes.

Newman Weitering Kemp
Cincotta Marchbank Saad
Acres Cripps Hollands
Cuningham De Koning Fogarty
Martin CCurnow Owies
Pittonet Hewett Docherty
Fisher Dow Motlop Cottrell
Sub: Edward

Can we beat Melbourne (who I think will be premiers out of the current top4) with this side?
Key players missing: Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, McKay, Silvagni, McGovern, Williams. One 3rd of our side. Will be a great test of our setup/strucutre and depth.
Go Baggers.

...and all the questions of our list.

Fk we're good :smoking:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
No losses in Round 1 - no matter what happens.

That's right Surrey.

we lose a NAB cup or whatever in the preseason

we will leave our mark again on the Tigers. Round 1 I know in the end it could be arued it could have gone either way but it was ours then shit happened.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Dees have stars on every line. Have to engage Lever and pull him away from May. Can't allow them to double team Charlie.

Have to break even with the Dees mids. Centre clearances will be crucial. Max concerns me more around the ground than at stoppages. Pitto and TDK can break even in the ruck, but Pitto can't go with him around the ground.

Then forward, we have to find a way to hold Pickett and Melksham. Particularly Pickett. That little shit has given me PTSD.

Having said all that, they haven't been playing great football but just doing enough. We'll give them plenty to worry about as well. Should be a ripping game

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
I think it is good we aren't rushing players back. It is reinforcing to the players that TEAM comes first. That it's all about SYSTEM. And the more fringe types gain confidence and belief as they keep getting games and know that when their number is called they can thrive because of the SYSTEM.

100%

That's the Headline: a big one at that. But worth it for the readers...imho

Bluebaggers have the right to be confident facing their Demons this Saturday night. Nothing to do with blue colored glasses. 7 in a ROW. Blues deserve respect. Whateley and Montana have a feeling they can reach the final 2 rounds of the season at the pointy end of the season: when it counts.

SYSTEM requires COMMITMENT, or so called "buy in". We've got that formula ticking over regularly and more, and I think its getting better by the week. Should have beaten Pies by 6 goals and Saints by 5 goal. Nevertheless, we beat them by 3 goals each. Fact. Demons next. Fact.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The_Cranium wrote:
The Dees have stars on every line. Have to engage Lever and pull him away from May. Can't allow them to double team Charlie.

Have to break even with the Dees mids. Centre clearances will be crucial. Max concerns me more around the ground than at stoppages. Pitto and TDK can break even in the ruck, but Pitto can't go with him around the ground.

Then forward, we have to find a way to hold Pickett and Melksham. Particularly Pickett. That little shit has given me PTSD.

Having said all that, they haven't been playing great football but just doing enough. We'll give them plenty to worry about as well. Should be a ripping game

I love this post.

Provides us with some of the challenges ahead, within a challenge to determine the real Top Dog at @nd 21 in 2024, 3 games before FINALS 23.

IMO, last weeks team, alone, can beat each line of the Dees or break even with those we are prepared to allow that.

Pitto can't chase Gawn , and no one in the backline, outside of Weitering can handle him one on one, especially if Gawn is in front.
So what do we do? Plenty of options, and if we believe in Vossy's system, which does look simple, Gawn gets bumped off his line by the next player ahead, stalled, then again, if he breaks the bump......there's heaps that can be done.

Oliver is a great player and primed to run out a game. He hasnt played for a loooong time. He still has to get with the pace of a real game (just like Marchy has), but he hasn't confronted a Carlton in this mood, with or without Walsh Cerra and Harry. Never. Its all new to him. He will get a shock. Cripps, Hewett, Docherty v Oliver Viney Bradshaw. Bring it on.

They are missing their best forward in the last 3 weeks, Petty, from a forwardline which hasn't been gelling with the mids. FFS Petracca has had to go into the forwardline to add spice and body to pave the way for Petty. Well' that's one less in their midfield rotation. Who cares if its Brown or Grundy who come in for Petty. Weitering takes them and the other defenders work with him being the focal point.

I don't believe Pickett played himself in any form just because he kicked 3 goals against North Melbourne (bottom of the ladder team with only a young midfield and bit part forwardline).

Look at the mids. If we show a bit of respect with what TDK and Pitto can do and compare with what Gawn can do before worrying too much about Gawn. The numbers don't lie. We haven't been losing the ruck/ midfield battle for a long time. Last week against the greatest measured force of pressure we have faced this year against the Saints, missing Walsh Cerra Harry Gov Kenendy SOS Williams Boyd.

I can't see the problem.

Its the Dees who have the biggest fear of losing because they have to get their shit together, not the other way around.

If we lose we lose. It happened this time last year and happens even when going in as favourite. I get it. But we have "the" momentum, whilst the Dees are just getting over the line which shows why success for both teams is 7-2 over the last 9 rounds. That's all.

Go Blues. BLUEBAGGER. Gotta go.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm going to be overseas for the grand final. Virtually guarantees we win the flag.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Last 2 games they were slow starters and north had them 6 goals to 1 at one stage and they ran over the top.
Richmond jumped them as well.
Two games before that against Crows and lions they got off to a flyer and were out played after half time.
Suggests they are not putting it together for 4 quarters.

I am not confident about this one but wasn't confident about Port Pies and Saints

Petty out probably Brown in.
Interested to see who makes way for Oliver

Only change for Blues is Boyd replaces Ed as sub

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Brown injured. Gonna be Tom Mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:

Grundy ??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Melbourne footy manager (forgot his name) said Tim Mac will play vfl this week. All points to Grundy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:

Melbourne footy manager (forgot his name) said Tim Mac will play vfl this week. All points to Grundy.

Yep.

They need another tall.
Like us they will play a ruck in a KPF position to make 2.

I miss Harry so much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

grundy is a horrible forward ... so this is good.

grundy is to forwardlines as to what marchbank is to defences.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
I'm going to be overseas for the grand final. Virtually guarantees we win the flag.

Good.
Stay there and don't come back.
We might win several flags that way.

Adrian Gallagher

bluehammer wrote:

You and me both- worked out I'll be in Birmingham when the GF comes round- a fait accompli for the 'Baggers! :wink:

Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
grundy is a horrible forward ... so this is good.

grundy is to forwardlines as to what marchbank is to defences.

OUCH !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
Last 2 games they were slow starters and north had them 6 goals to 1 at one stage and they ran over the top.
Richmond jumped them as well.
Two games before that against Crows and lions they got off to a flyer and were out played after half time.
Suggests they are not putting it together for 4 quarters.

I am not confident about this one but wasn't confident about Port Pies and Saints

Petty out probably Brown in.
Interested to see who makes way for Oliver

Only change for Blues is Boyd replaces Ed as sub

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

They're a quality team that is not in overdrive. If they stay that way we are a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just thinking….

only change this week…Boyd for Ed…?

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next