Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:11 pm 
Wayne Johnston

They broke down our system. We could have won back momentum by applying immense pressure but it didn't seem to click when we did manage to turn it up a notch. Maybe the way we set up was incompatible with the Tigers gameplan but they always had more numbers and were slicker with their ball movement. Maybe it was the youthful enthusiasm that was missing in our lineup.

Sloppy and at times unlucky were the Blues today.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

jim wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
jim wrote:
They were able to transition the ball way too easily. Quite a few times chances for goals to us ended up scores for them.

Picked a bad side.

What would have been your alternative selections ?

A 2nd key forward to start with. Too often we go forward and no one tall is there.

Yep. So obvious again today that we need another KP forward.

Also, transition was shut down well today we had no alternative. We didn't bring our pressure and that was end of game.

Plus Houli being able to get away with removing a tag with no repercussions from us was very disappointing. We could have made our feelings shown towards him a couple of times and we didn't. Yet we are happy to laugh with him after the game.......disappointing and it seems we still have a bit to learn in this area.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Still scratching my head how Rance got a free for running into Jack while he was taking a mark...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
Only bright side is even when we are dead set shit we can be competitive against decent sides. That's about the only positive.

We were only competitive cause they kept us in the game. We were EMBARRASING. Our lack of spread and run when we had possession is so frustratingly well...frustrating

And SPS needs a good spell in the 2s. Has done bugger all for 5 weeks

We kicked 4.8 too in the 2nd half. it was 2.7 at one stage. If that was better it would've been a close thing at 3/4 time on a shittiest day.

Games like that are to be expected with a young side as long as it's not a habit and they switch back on next game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
Still scratching my head how Rance got a free for running into Jack while he was taking a mark...

He's becoming one of those whose reputation precedes them

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:

He has to be the most loved defender by the men in yellow, ever. Joke in fact.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:

because he is the best full back to have ever have played the game

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

So Jack was penalised for robbing "the greatest fullback of all-time ermagerd LOL!!!!111" of an uncontested mark?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

The number of times Gibbs managed to get free of his opponent(s) and then had to pause because there was - SWEET - @#$%&! - ALL - in the forward half was infuriating. Too many useless players in the side today: I know we all think Pickett has something about him (pace, mostly), but gee he has been such a liability in every game he's played this year, and his shitting the bed when Gibbs found him 30m out directly in front was a remote-smashing moment. Graham deserves credit for getting forward at times and trying to give the team something to aim for, but he couldn't beat an Auskicker in a marking contest. Boekhorst... I like him, but yeah, nah. Smedts tries hard but is a bit of a nothing player, not sure why we traded for him. SPS will be a fine player but when we're already carrying four duds in midfield it's a bit hard to cater for his learning curve at times.

Cripps was an absolute beast, hope he can carry this form forward as his first half of the season was good but below his standards. Krooz excellent again, Jones's feel-good story continues. Marchbank also had a fine game.

I really wish someone would just clothes-line Dustin Martin at the opening bounce. Take a few weeks for the team (say, maybe this could be a use for Pickett). Watching our blokes try to tackle him is very demoralising.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:

And the arm chop on the wing five or so minutes earlier that went unpaid.

Jack was well and truly ripped in that final qtr.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:36 pm 
Garry Crane

Clayman wrote:
When being tacked, how long is Dusty allowed to take to either dispose the ball or break the tackle?

All players except Dusty - one 360 degree turn.
Dusty - 3 pirouettes, half pike with twist, one back handspring, the entire second act from Swan Lake - only then are you allowed to yell "BAAAAALLLLL".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

Oh yes, the umpiring... I've been calling them out for weeks for the way they try to manipulate outcomes... give the losing team a bit of a push, try to give the AFL another close contest. Maybe it's because we'd already had 4 games decided by a grand total of 7 points that they felt another nail-biter would be overkill, but they really seemed to spare Richmond the bother of a difficult final quarter by total gang @#$%&! our boys, especially Jack, but also that absolute gift to Nankervis to seal the deal... Mr Whippy would be ashamed of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:46 pm 
Bob Chitty

RickJ wrote:
The through the hands and shit himself miss from Pickett in the last quarter after our best run of play for the day and two goal turnaround that resulted was awful
However I'm inclined to give Pickett a little leeway despite a very poor game today because clearly he has something. Just don't see anything in Boeky Smedts or Graham.
Richmond left the door wide open for us today and a decent side without the passengers above would have run over them

Agree. Pickett put himself into multiple good positions/situation but unfortunately came up short each time. Needs to keep his feet more often and needs to hold a few tackles that slipped. He had a bad game without doubt but I see something in him. Sadly for Smedts and Graham they were both very poor. Graham got his hands on the ball but I can't recall a single damaging use. Even when he didn't turn it over he was ineffectual with it and also let a few tackles slip.

The 3 ins were all significant downgrades on the 3 outs. Fisher Willy and Cunners are all so damaging with their ball use. But not many others banging down the door.

Overall I was happy with the boys willingness to keep the intensity up but it was a generally average night.

We really needed Bolt early in the last but he was on the bench for an extended period. Very happy with his game tonight. Aside from all the positive stated on here about Cripps already I was at the game and was amazed how hard he worked away from the ball to get himself into the right spots. Same from Silvani. Obviously with less total impact but his work ethic is first class.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Gibbs kick to Pickett in the last qtr was overcooked.

Don't be too hard on him for that one people.

A game shouldn't come down to an isolated incident in a pressure situation.

We played loose football and were punished accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:55 pm 
Bob Chitty

WA Blue wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Murphy gone as captain. Give it to Cripps or Docherty. In fact trade Murphy whilst he still has some currency.

Pathetic post. You'd have been cheering Murphy over the last two months. Changing captain maybe, trading unlikely...

Yeah too far. But seriously he must be carrying something. He started the season pretty well but has been ordinary for a couple of weeks and more importantly keeps running around or alongside contests without showing any willingness to get involved. Maybe just a form slump but I think/hope it's an injury of some kind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

mikeychook wrote:

Nah, he had plenty of opportunity to go back if he needed to but he misread it completely. You can't pin that one on Gibbs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 pm 
Rod McGregor

Just way too many passengers today
Kruez was immense, Gibbs, Cripps and Doc very good
Simo, Charlie, Jack and Jonesy very solid games
Weiters OK
The rest either below average or very poor

Being at the game it felt after the first quarter that the dam was going to burst in Tiges favour, never quite did - but we couldn't make a run at it
A couple of times there was nice work up to the 50 and then butchered the last kick and Tiges straight down the other end and scored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 pm 
Robert Walls

We shoulda had a hard tag on Rance from the first bounce.

Would've loved Jones to be that person and tackle him a few times, get a free for HTB and not only shut rance but also kick 2-3 goals himself...winning us the game

Apologies...just allowing myself to dream a little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
Pretty ordinary game, we looked flat and tired.
Lots of players down today.
Cripps is by far our best player, he had a mighty second half.
Richmond are shit, the umpiring was shit.
Basher Houli is in trouble and I hope he gets weeks for that cowardly hit on an unsuspecting Lamb.
Did anyone notice that at least 3 of our players got poked in the eyes in the first quarter?
A bit of a reality check today.

It's all fun and games until someone takes out an eye...or three

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:
mikeychook wrote:

Nah, he had plenty of opportunity to go back if he needed to but he misread it completely. You can't pin that one on Gibbs.

Yep. Pickett had his chance but didn't seize the moment. Unfortunately he froze up and butchered the play in the worst possible way.

I hope he has a massive pre season and eats plenty of raw red meat and comes back thinking he belongs. He looks too shy out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next