Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Synbad wrote:
Good blokes come last ...
The towel got thrown in Rd 2 by the president... that's the top of the tree..and when a monkey shits from the top of the tree there is only one way for the shit to fall..a.just try to not be standing directly beneath..yeah

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Good blokes come last ...
The towel got thrown in Rd 2 by the president... that's the top of the tree..and when a monkey shits from the top of the tree there is only one way for the shit to fall..a.just try to not be standing directly beneath..yeah

Yep the Prez is another shocker. And "see out the contract" Trigg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:52 am 
Craig Bradley

Goltzenberg wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
Unfortunately we tried to beat Hawthorn at their own game ... which relies on accurate and skillful foot disposal and run and spread football. No way we could ever match them and really poorly coached. If you take it wide, start stop football up the wing and then bomb like the Madhouse wanted ... that won't work either.

IMO, against the Hawks ... you need to move the ball as fast as you can ... try and make as much space as you can ... and tackle big time. We could never win this one ... the Madhouse has stolen away our next 3 years at least ... but even so ... the side was badly coached. Very disappointing.

We really need a new coach at the end of the year. Sorry JB.

Maybe you should be coaching. Moving the ball as fast as you can and make as as much space sounds very in depth. Oh and tackle big time :). I think they tried to do that but the pressure was too much last night. But, we have a footy brain on talking carlton LOL

I don't think last night makes a big difference to barker being in the top job next year. Hawks smashed Sydney by 90 odd on their home ground. The performance we had at Freo was pretty bloody good. Judge him on that, not a game against one of the best teams ever on a 6 day break. Barker has had to use 40 players on the list this year. Extremely young list. Must be playing the youngest list at the moment. Missing these players the last two years in that game last night:
Gibbs
Judd
Daisy
Scotland
Betts
Garlet
Robbo
McLean
Waite
Carrazo

Hawks are probably up there as one of the best teams ever. Can't expect miracles, but if you keep watching movies like mighty ducks you can believe in that stuff i guess. But, please use a sense of reality when making comments.

I think the point in bold is missed a lot when considering carlton's position and performance against the hawks.

it really was a case of men vs boys ... it was akin to the u16 taking on the seniors ...

but I take a few things out of the game.

Kruzer was terrific all game.
Casboult continues to improve IMO

Can put a line through the following players

Jamieson (I hate to say it)
Rowe
Jones (I cant believe we signed him for 3 years)

If we traded Henderson and Yarren for 1st rounders id be okay with that too ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:25 pm 
Robert Walls

ScottSaunders wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
Unfortunately we tried to beat Hawthorn at their own game ... which relies on accurate and skillful foot disposal and run and spread football. No way we could ever match them and really poorly coached. If you take it wide, start stop football up the wing and then bomb like the Madhouse wanted ... that won't work either.

IMO, against the Hawks ... you need to move the ball as fast as you can ... try and make as much space as you can ... and tackle big time. We could never win this one ... the Madhouse has stolen away our next 3 years at least ... but even so ... the side was badly coached. Very disappointing.

Maybe you should be coaching. Moving the ball as fast as you can and make as as much space sounds very in depth. Oh and tackle big time :). I think they tried to do that but the pressure was too much last night. But, we have a footy brain on talking carlton LOL

I don't think last night makes a big difference to barker being in the top job next year. Hawks smashed Sydney by 90 odd on their home ground. The performance we had at Freo was pretty bloody good. Judge him on that, not a game against one of the best teams ever on a 6 day break. Barker has had to use 40 players on the list this year. Extremely young list. Must be playing the youngest list at the moment. Missing these players the last two years in that game last night:
Gibbs
Judd
Daisy
Scotland
Betts
Garlet
Robbo
McLean
Waite
Carrazo

Hawks are probably up there as one of the best teams ever. Can't expect miracles, but if you keep watching movies like mighty ducks you can believe in that stuff i guess. But, please use a sense of reality when making comments.

I think the point in bold is missed a lot when considering carlton's position and performance against the hawks.

it really was a case of men vs boys ... it was akin to the u16 taking on the seniors ...

Rowe

This is what concerns me the most.
Who is our new backline in Round 1 next year?
Jaksch, Watson, White ?

White I can live with as the 3rd tall ... for a year or so anyway ...

But we have really struggled with our pipeline of developing KPP's (how long have we been saying that for?)

If Giles can't get on the park, then Jaksch has a lot of expectation riding on his shoulders.

Watson, Mccarthy, Mitchell, Bootsma...... :-/

Would love to have Talia right now.

And what about the KPPs capable of playing forward if Henderson leaves?
Casboult? Jones ????

.... SOS has a lot of gaps to fill.

Who really knows what Barker could achieve ... this group is threadbare at best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

It is blatantly obvious that Hawthorn is a far better side that Carlton.

But are they 138 points better?

They were on Friday night - but we certainly contributed to the extent of our demise.

Was it game plan or lack of skills? Or was it a factor that our skill level is not sufficient to play in the style that we are asked to?

How many goals did they score as a result of a Carlton player kicking backwards or across the ground to a contest that resulted in a goal to the opposition? I intend going through the agony of watching a replay to count but it must have been at least 6.

When a Carlton player has possession of the ball on the half back flank, why is it taboo to kick to a marking contest on the wing about 100 metres from the opposition goal, but it is OK to kick to a contest across field to about 30 metres from the opponents goal?

Carlton has a bloke up forward who is one of the best pack marks in the competition (Levi) but we only give him the opportunity to contest marks about 2 or 3 times per game. I am not sure if Liam Jones will ever amount to much, but he surely won’t if we don’t kick the ball in his general direction.

A week or so ago, I jovially said to my wife that I was going to refrain from drinking beer and would adhere to moderate exercise program until Carlton win their next game. The way we are going I am going to be an extremely fit 66 year old this time next year!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bluey44 wrote:
ScottSaunders wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

Gibbs
Judd
Daisy
Scotland
Betts
Garlet
Robbo
McLean
Waite
Carrazo

Rowe

This is what concerns me the most.
Who is our new backline in Round 1 next year?
Jaksch, Watson, White ?

White I can live with as the 3rd tall ... for a year or so anyway ...

But we have really struggled with our pipeline of developing KPP's (how long have we been saying that for?)

If Giles can't get on the park, then Jaksch has a lot of expectation riding on his shoulders.

Watson, Mccarthy, Mitchell, Bootsma...... :-/

Would love to have Talia right now.

And what about the KPPs capable of playing forward if Henderson leaves?
Casboult? Jones ????

.... SOS has a lot of gaps to fill.

Who really knows what Barker could achieve ... this group is threadbare at best.

but we got lucas - geez some people are never satisfied....................

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Everyone loved Lucas until he got injured.
Then he was shit and a failed pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

dane wrote:

Are you talking about Lucas or Menzel? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

emtwenty wrote:
dane wrote:

The Lucas thread makes great reading early on.
I'm off to read Menzel's now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

dane wrote:
emtwenty wrote:
dane wrote:

The Lucas thread makes great reading early on.
I'm off to read Menzel's now.

Make sure to note if authors who say Menz was never good said differently last year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:37 am 
Robert Walls

I just keep reading the words: WORST LOSS IN CLUB HISTORY

.... over and over

I just cannot see how Barker can get the job after that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluey44 wrote:

.... over and over

Damn straight.
I'd sack him now. Have Laidley take over.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'd have sacked him yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I don't understand where the intensity from the Port Adelaide game has gone. It's like we're two separate footy teams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

NTBlue wrote:
It is blatantly obvious that Hawthorn is a far better side that Carlton.

But are they 138 points better?

They were on Friday night - but we certainly contributed to the extent of our demise.

Was it game plan or lack of skills? Or was it a factor that our skill level is not sufficient to play in the style that we are asked to?

How many goals did they score as a result of a Carlton player kicking backwards or across the ground to a contest that resulted in a goal to the opposition? I intend going through the agony of watching a replay to count but it must have been at least 6.

When a Carlton player has possession of the ball on the half back flank, why is it taboo to kick to a marking contest on the wing about 100 metres from the opposition goal, but it is OK to kick to a contest across field to about 30 metres from the opponents goal?

Carlton has a bloke up forward who is one of the best pack marks in the competition (Levi) but we only give him the opportunity to contest marks about 2 or 3 times per game. I am not sure if Liam Jones will ever amount to much, but he surely won’t if we don’t kick the ball in his general direction.

A week or so ago, I jovially said to my wife that I was going to refrain from drinking beer and would adhere to moderate exercise program until Carlton win their next game. The way we are going I am going to be an extremely fit 66 year old this time next year!

They are 97 points better than syd.
so we are only 40odd points behind syd and only lost to freo by 40.. if hawks die in the ass our window is open soon
:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stone Free wrote:
I don't understand where the intensity from the Port Adelaide game has gone. It's like we're two separate footy teams.

You'll see our intensity again on draft day.

It's the focus of our efforts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
Stone Free wrote:

You'll see our intensity again on draft day.

It's the focus of our efforts.

They'll go down the corridor and aim for top 4.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 7465063469

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

lol they paywall slobbo articles

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

dane wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:

.... over and over

Damn straight.
I'd sack him now. Have Laidley take over.

..I reckon he is odds on of getting the gig.. ....he has the directive from the head office.. ..much like ratts, who was told by Pratt that losing every match (nudge nudge wink wink) wouldn't do him a disservice.. ....if you ever want to be a senior coach, you'd not tank unless you had a very good incentive.. ....and we are most definitely tanking..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 37  Next