Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:
bluedog wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Longmire sooking about goal line tech... if the tech was better it just would have shown the touches more clearly you sullen prick!

and the prick wouldn't even be in finals

He did say that the Swans have been on both sides of the fence, regarding the technology.

@#$%&! him !

Both tonight were touched and correct , so he wasn't on the wrong side of anything !

Gifted a finals spot from it and thats about it

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/eugenie-bouchard-quits-tennis-for-pickleball-after-horror-rankings-slide/news-story/8a008ca62f22607a9d9e7a96286c4d08

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:35 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
The only way to listen to the TV commentary is with headphones on listening to music.

They are beyond absurdly pathetic.

I don’t know why you put yourself through it listening to them.

Regards Cazzesman

To hear 70,000 Blues fans at the G in September!!!!

:smile:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluedog wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
bluedog wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Longmire sooking about goal line tech... if the tech was better it just would have shown the touches more clearly you sullen prick!

He did say that the Swans have been on both sides of the fence, regarding the technology.

@#$%&! him !

Both tonight were touched and correct , so he wasn't on the wrong side of anything !

Gifted a finals spot from it and thats about it

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/eugenie-bouchard-quits-tennis-for-pickleball-after-horror-rankings-slide/news-story/8a008ca62f22607a9d9e7a96286c4d08

Smart move !

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

tommi wrote:
Ya know what….

there was a certain calmness over me in
that last quarter…!

interesting….!

kindest regards tommi

i need what you had, i was packing darkies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

grrofunger wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We owed this mob too. 2010 and 2013. Trent @#$%&! Dennis Lane.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:03 am 
Ken Hunter

Glad that is over, can't say I enjoyed the game and was very relieved when the siren went.
I think we were trying our best to lose that one, so many stupid turn overs that cost us 4-5 goals.
The atmosphere was amazing and the noise of the crowd was deafening at times.
Hopefully we will learn from that and be better next week.
I haven't seen the incident with Martin but it sounds like he will be suspended and Harry I assume was off with concussion.
I felt so sorry for Harry when he missed that goal, inexcusable for an AFL player.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:14 am 
Craig Bradley

Yes we do it the hard way but savor it 10 years without playing a final and and we win it albeit disappointing in second half and yes some dumb football
However given where we were in May/June a remarkable comeback
Great to have 92 K at the G

A free swing at Dees next week but will need to play better to beat them

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:18 am 
Harry Vallence

For the long term talking carlton tragics, ran into the 'Princes Park Whistler' after the game.
We compared our heart attacks from the last quarter!
Hope to have a beer with the PPW at next week's match!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:21 am 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Yes we do it the hard way but savor it 10 years without playing a final and and we win it albeit disappointing in second half and yes some dumb football
However given where we were in May/June a remarkable comeback
Great to have 92 K at the G

A free swing at Dees next week but will need to play better to beat them

Go Blues

Dumb Football? That's a bit harsh Frank. You can only play as good as the opposition let you
and the Swans are a good team. Final's footy is all about pressure and I thouhgt mentally we hanged tough as a team.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I don’t knows hows we dun it but wes done it.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Tag on Cripps let Cerra Walsh Hewett do their thing. Great first half from Cottrell.

Thought the two rucks worked reasonably well.

Some uncharacteristic errors kicking in from Newman.

Would you say uncharacteristic

:wink: :lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:26 am 
Ken Hunter

Just back from the game and all I will say, just so proud. We are back as a footy club.
Boys withstood plenty and counteracted multiple times. That wouldn’t have happened previously. We have learnt.
85k Carlton fans at G is something you need to bottle and enjoy. Just special, especially at the end of the game signing the song.
So happy to have been there for that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just home and now watching the replay. What a night. So lucky with the rain but geez it was fuckng cold.

Just saw the jack martin hit. So disappointing. Definitely gets a week. We'll miss him.

Like Tommy, I was actually pretty calm in the last quarter. Believed we had it despite the Swans coming.

Loved Cotts game, especially his first half. And Acres... what a recruit. I doubted when we were in the slump, but boy has he been integral to our season.

I thought a few boys looked overwhelmed by the occasion. Cincotta comes to mind, though the Swans smalls/ mid sized forwards had very little impact so I guess he's done his job.

We were victims of our own stupidity at times. Newman. McGovern. And Kemp gifted them goals. And of course McKay. What the actual @#$%&!? 2 absolute sitters. He's a decoy at best and at times a liability. Owies also had a what the @#$%&! moment, but somehow got away with it

Thought Marchbank was OK. Walsh, Cerra and Saad were brilliant. Cripps had some big moments despite being scragged at every contest with no help from the maggots.

Finally I thought Pitto was really important. Our centre clearance work was so much better when he was in there. He's going to be really important next week.

Days since Carlton won a final - 0 @#$%&! yes!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Oh and the crowd. What a special night to have that kind of support. Had to be 80k Carlton fans. The noise was awesome and when the final siren went, I had goosebumps... and maybe even a little tear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:43 am 
Craig Bradley

My fellow Carlton fans... we're all mental... what an atmosphere we created

Harry missed two soda's but the one in the 3rd was a turning point... what should've put us 6 goals ahead ended up a 24 point turnaround. Swans were really good in the second half... kept running and finding space everywhere.

But we found a way and @#$%&! it... we won

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:52 am 
formerly Fevola

What i didnt like about our game plan, is we flooded to Sydney’s backline so when we got the ball, we just kicked it straight back to them as we didnt have anyone in our forward line.

It’s like we used to be so hope this wasn’t a new directive.

How did you all see this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Heavs wrote:
I'm in gundagai at a bucks. Especially enjoyed them closing the pub with 15 to go in the last quarter.
Fat boy running 300m back to his motel to watch the last 10 minutes. @#$%&! yeah!!!!
:lol:
I'm in Northern Italy and was only listening in the last 25 minutes, via ABC radio, a dodgy connection and the audio equivalent of the 'spinning circle of death'

Every time a snippet of audio played the Swans were closer and closer.... All I heard of the sealer was Kelly Underwood screaming '.. Martin........ (cut out).....' and I had no idea if anything happened..

I thought I had it bad... nearly had a heart attack... If I had to run as well Heavs, I would have been gone....:lol:

Catch your breath and enjoy the buck's :thumbsup:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

and BTW... my audio and screaming at the end pissed off all the bods on their cancer sticks at the bar I was at......

GOOD

Finally got some back :wink:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:03 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Been up since 5am. 9 hour drive. Worth every minute.

Was lucky enough to experience 2 wins in 8 days in 2013, after the Port and Richmond win, but have only witnessed one win live in the last 10 years, and had to travel for that one being GWS at Marvel last year. My lad was 7 and 9 when he saw those Elimination Final wins. Has little recollection of 2011, and some of 2013. Tonight was special.

The horrors at home for us included 3 90+ losses to Port, and the 2 debarcles against Adelaide this season and last.

Been coming over for 30 years and never experienced a home crowd like that one. Unbelievable.
Post mortems can wait, but loved witnessing live the work of Cotters in the first half, then Acres in the 2nd. Wasn’t our best performance but doesn’t matter at this time of year. Collingwood are in a Prelim with 30+ less inside 50s. Sydney we’re in a GF last year, were basically full strength and had won 6 of their last 7, so were never going to just roll over…...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next