Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heartless, Soulless, Gutless, Spineless, Insipid performance!

The extremely bad Carlton well and truly reared its ugly head tonite, and I am at a loss to understand why?

The 15th team took our pants down and well and truly flowered us big time.

Every time the camera showed Voss on Fox, he was emotionless, looking blankly into the abyss.

WTF is going on?

No way do we even remotely look like a team that deserves to play finals.

Just a few weeks ago, we were going to surprise and maybe finish top 4...

LMAO :mad:

Miles off.

Just such a devastating loss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:40 pm 
Bob Chitty

What has happened to our midfield? Individual stats generally ok but minimal impact. -17 in inside 50s. One of the best midfields over the first 10 weeks. Average at best over last 10 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
What has happened to our midfield? Individual stats generally ok but minimal impact. -17 in inside 50s. One of the best midfields over the first 10 weeks. Average at best over last 10 weeks.

other teams worked us out - we are too one dimensional with no plan b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Insipid, weak, mentally fragile, pathetic bunch of pretenders. Promise much but deliver nothing.

Another false dawn. Another waste of time, hope, and money. Another coach that'll get torched by the cancer that is this football club. Another year without finals.

25 plus years of being the shit joke of the competition and another 25 to come. This club is rotten to the core. The bane of my existence.

This loss is more than the 4 points. The kind of loss that can unravel everything. From here we lose the next 3 and most likely miss finals. We go out of the 8 in the final round of the year after being in it for the whole year, you have to wonder what that does to the mentality and belief of this side.

This loss tonight is nothing short of a disaster. We didn't respect the opposition. We haven't respected our lower opposition all season and it finally bit us on the arse. I'm @#$%&! gutted. I wish I didn't care. @#$%&! this club

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Taking it well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:46 pm 
Robert Walls

dane wrote:
Taking it well.

:lol:

Last edited by Mil Hanna on Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Silvagni

Like keogh said, we were off by 5%,although I think it was more like 20%.

But it wasn't talent based, it was effort based, particularly our forwards who were half hearted when the ball hit the ground.

Charlie and Harry almost seemed to will the ball away from them such was their lack of effort.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Harry Vallence

"Crows down Blues in Massive Upset" ..... now that's a headline (The Age 30/7/22) that's been 20 years in the making !!!

We were putrid tonight. Missed George in the middle and 2 good wingmen ...... the list goes on but I'll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

How the hell could we be so flat, disinterested and lacking intensity? Mind boggling.

Bring the heat and at least nullify our mids and we’re done. That’s on everyone, players and coaches.

What did we do to adjust? Why did we play so @#$%&! slow for the whole game?

Pitto was like Cain Ackland out there. If that’s what he can produce, save him for 2023.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:50 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Thought the Crows were excellent. A good running team that applied extreme pressure. They took contested marks at key times which set them up.
Carlton were too slow and lumbery. Once a man down never stood a chance. I liked us more when we were patching team together. Had more run and dare and were more focussed. Hopefully Voss picks a balanced side next week. Forget 2 rucks for the year. Get some more run from somewhere if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:50 pm 
Bob Chitty

Across the two teams (seniors and reserves), you can count the players and coaches on one hand who deserve any credit for what went on today. Horrendous at both levels. Both losing to teams at the bottom of the ladder. Horrendous weekend for the club.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

Worst effort for the year.

Could not hold a tackle, doesn't help when you are so flat footed.
Coaches should have done something about Saad/Keys match up.
Many played their worst game of the year, Doc for example turned the ball over costing a few goals.
Midfield is one paced, we need Hewitt back but he wont add the pace we need in the midfield.
Cripps, Hewitt, Cerra and Kennedy - no pace, the opposition have worked out that they can hurt us by pushing forward and making our midfield very accountable.
As much as O'Brien has shown some improvement he has also proved that when the heat is on you can not rely on him.
Setterfield same as O'Brien - they wont be the players that will get us across the line.
I respect the approach by the club with team selection however after tonight, Dow deserves a few games in a row.
Kemp/Marchbank - hopefully to replace Plowman as soon as they are ready.
Over all our worst game for the year however I wouldn't discount them beating the Pie in R23

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

kingkerna wrote:
Like keogh said, we were off by 5%,although I think it was more like 20%.

But it wasn't talent based, it was effort based, particularly our forwards who were half hearted when the ball hit the ground.

Charlie and Harry almost seemed to will the ball away from them such was their lack of effort.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

spot on about our forwards kk. i think mckay took all of his marks in the backline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:53 pm 
Robert Walls

Anybody wanting to waste their time analysing the game is throwing away time that could be served elsewhere

We are the most predictable mentally fragile team in the AFL...there's your analysis

A flowering p1ss weak performance by all, including those in the coaches box

Thankyou Carlton for embarrassing and humiliating us AGAIN!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

soft and slow, fmd everyone can see we are too slow
our forwards lack structure and all we do is bomb it long to them and not even to their advantage :donk:
we have been cut up on the outside all year
shit forward line coaching and shit coaching by voss full stop

Stephen Kernahan

All effort and response to pressure. No run. The number of times our long kick out of defence came from deep 5m from goal vs 40m from goal was so telling. We turned the ball over in their front half time and time again through pressure, perceived or actual.

I'm loathed to pick out positives but Kennedy was to me the only one who really can say he gave the unquestionable effort needed. Walsh and Cripps, big numbers but no damage tonight.

Sure we need to work out our team balance but that had little to do with the loss. Was all about the Crows working so much harder than us.

Alex Jesaulenko

bender wrote:
i think a lot of us, myself included, knew midway through the second quarter that the usual game we were expected to win was going to end up a loss.
outplayed, outcoached, lack of desperation, lack of skills, lack of footy smarts, and a hellova lot of a lack of teamwork
brisbane and melbourne will be looking for percentage, and the collingwanks will be looking at marketing how they destroyed our hopes in the last round
we are pretenders, we had a good run early in the season when teams hadnt cottoned on to our mimdfield strength, but since the round before the bye we have been poor in most facets

voss was outcoached tonight, but overall he has had a good year, though he needs to improve also. if we get smashed in the middle and a team pressures us, the game is over, and there are no major moves. if he doesnt rectify this, 2023 will be another dissapointment
he also needs to install some want and mongrel in to the pea hearted, over paid, dumb as a box of rocks players we had out there tonight
if we manage to scrape in to finals, we will just be making up the numbers

time to give cripps a rest, he is not himself - he has to be carring an injury as well as most of the team again
You do realise Cripps had 41 disposals tonight
With out him we lose by 10 goals
He was the only player that gave a shit

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
bender wrote:
i think a lot of us, myself included, knew midway through the second quarter that the usual game we were expected to win was going to end up a loss.
outplayed, outcoached, lack of desperation, lack of skills, lack of footy smarts, and a hellova lot of a lack of teamwork
brisbane and melbourne will be looking for percentage, and the collingwanks will be looking at marketing how they destroyed our hopes in the last round
we are pretenders, we had a good run early in the season when teams hadnt cottoned on to our mimdfield strength, but since the round before the bye we have been poor in most facets

voss was outcoached tonight, but overall he has had a good year, though he needs to improve also. if we get smashed in the middle and a team pressures us, the game is over, and there are no major moves. if he doesnt rectify this, 2023 will be another dissapointment
he also needs to install some want and mongrel in to the pea hearted, over paid, dumb as a box of rocks players we had out there tonight
if we manage to scrape in to finals, we will just be making up the numbers

time to give cripps a rest, he is not himself - he has to be carring an injury as well as most of the team again
You do realise Cripps had 41 disposals tonight
With out him we lose by 10 goals
He was the only player that gave a shit

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

yeah, i do mate. but he looks absolutely buggered, and from what i read is bandaged up everywhere. hence my comment about carrying the team.
he isnt himself, brisbane are going to pants us, give him a rest. time to see what the rest ouf our star studded midfield can do without him

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

They’re shot. They’ll miss the 8. I said when we got beaten by St Kilda they didn’t deserve to play finals, my opinion hasn’t changed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

bender wrote:
david31 wrote:

other teams worked us out - we are too one dimensional with no plan b

That sums it up

Rely too much on individual brilliance

We are so predictable with our forward entries

Our bottom 6 - 8 players are ordinary and go missing when the heat is applied

I am convinced that a player going into the Geelong culture and system will become a better player than if the player was recruited by Carlton

Until that changes we remain mediocre

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next