Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Was at the 50 year membership morning tea this morning. BB was asked about H and said he was very close.

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

Like the kitchen...?

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm 
Serge Silvagni

tommi wrote:
Like the kitchen...?

kindest regards tommi

I think he was hiding behind the goal-post :wink:

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Was at the 50 year membership morning tea this morning. BB was asked about H and said he was very close.

HSun reckon he's right in calculations to play this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

I see......

Rowe - Silvagni + Jones = Harry...!

kindest regards tommi

I'll stop now...!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

robertbb wrote:
Our back 6 don't push up as far forward as other clubs when we're in possession... Jones won't need to run as much as we think. Particularly if we're winning clearances and locking the ball in F50.

We don't win clearances.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

jake_h03 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Not sure if Jones has the tank to go with Lynch. Maybe better suited to 2MP.
White to run with Lynch.

Yikes. Simon White we're talking about right? I thought we were done with tanking? Simon White would be giving up 10cm and 10kgs against Lynch. If Lynch is in half the mood he was last time White would get torn a new one.

Jones is the only one with the size and athleticism to go with Lynch. I'm sure he has the tank to go with him within the back 50. If he wants to go on long leads up the ground have someone else pick him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd start Weitering on Lynch. Jones on 2MP.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm happy to have Lynch run Jones off his legs and take 15 marks up on the wing. :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm 
Horrie Clover

GodisNavyBlue wrote:

What is this 50th of which you speak? I recall distinctly in 67 that my parents didn't let me go until midway through the season until we played Fitzroy for the second time. How come I don't get an invite?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:38 pm 
Trevor Keogh

eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:

What is this 50th of which you speak? I recall distinctly in 67 that my parents didn't let me go until midway through the season until we played Fitzroy for the second time. How come I don't get an invite?

Hey EP, I don't remember you starting until around 72 or 73 :yikes:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

It has been very wet, and is forecast to be so until Sunday. Here's hoping it keeps on raining.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Stefchook wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Our back 6 don't push up as far forward as other clubs when we're in possession... Jones won't need to run as much as we think. Particularly if we're winning clearances and locking the ball in F50.

We don't win clearances.

Now why is that? Especially on the weekend when not only was kruze rucking unopposed at times but he KNEW he was jumping unopposed ahead of time and could therefore set up for it and we STILL lost the clearances......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:29 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Cazzesman wrote:
I'm happy to have Lynch run Jones off his legs and take 15 marks up on the wing. :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

Agree

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 am 
Serge Silvagni

toddkurnski wrote:
barass70 says SPS has a sore ankle and unlikely to play this week.

Maybe Macreadie or White for ASOS?

To top heavy if we play white or Macreadie

I'd throw Dylan Buckley in just for his pace. The last time we played them their run destroyed us. We need someone to play on the small forwards so why not give Bucks a chance like we have with Jones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 am 
Bob Chitty

jake_h03 wrote:
mikeychook wrote:
blueboy23 wrote:
Alex out McKay in.
Simpson Weitering Plowman
Williamson Marchbank Docherty
Cunningham Cripps Edward
Wright McKay Lamb
SOJ Casboult Charlie
Kreuzer Murphy Gibbs
From; Fisher Jones Sumner Thomas
Reckon McKay is ready.
We have enough speed to go with them.
If SPS is over the sore ankle, he comes in for Sumner.
Must win game.

Jones must start on the field. A lot of hype, great form and another key scalp awaits.

I reckon this is the perfect match up for Jones - Tom Lynch. And what a huge test. Kicked 7 straight last time and literally kept Gold Coast in the game in the first half when we were all over them. Jones has the speed, leap, height, and strength to go with Lynch that almost no other key defenders in the league have. Keep him quiet and we'll be in a good spot to win this one

It's a perfect match-up for anybody who isn't a Blues or Suns supporter. Two athletes with similar strengths going head to head. Will be great to watch. From a Blues perspective last weeks Patten match-up was perfect because Jones was able to use his attributes to close out Pattens leads and out leap him. Lynch will be a tougher assignment and we shouldn't be too critical if he takes the points against Jones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:33 am 
Bob Chitty

jake_h03 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Don't think SPS will play this week.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-50759921
barass70 wrote:
SPS got sore ankle not serious won't come back unless fully fit

Hope he has another week off. I'd love to see Boekhorst get another chance. He was very unlucky the way the draw worked out. Had a month of good, hard consistent footy in the VFL, then missed a week as the travelling emergency for the Freo game, and then Northern had back to back byes (who was the brains behind that fixture?)

Deserves another chance, I still believe he has a future with us, but we need to see something from him soon.

The other thought, is do we replace A Silvagni with McKay, leave Weitering back to fill Silvagni's position and Harry forward?

Hard is the one word I don't associate with Boke. Both in the usual strength way and even the determination way. I know he is an outside runner and I don't expect too many contested possessions / hard ball gets but he just seems so 'light' to me. Fluffy. Nothing impericle about that opinion. Just the way I feel. But he has played well in the VFL and runs all day so he deserves a shot in the seniors at some stage but I don't expect him to cement a spot. Obviously happy to be wrong (and probably wil be haha).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crippa wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Don't think SPS will play this week.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-50759921
barass70 wrote:
SPS got sore ankle not serious won't come back unless fully fit

Hope he has another week off. I'd love to see Boekhorst get another chance. He was very unlucky the way the draw worked out. Had a month of good, hard consistent footy in the VFL, then missed a week as the travelling emergency for the Freo game, and then Northern had back to back byes (who was the brains behind that fixture?)

Deserves another chance, I still believe he has a future with us, but we need to see something from him soon.

The other thought, is do we replace A Silvagni with McKay, leave Weitering back to fill Silvagni's position and Harry forward?

Hard is the one word I don't associate with Boke. Both in the usual strength way and even the determination way. I know he is an outside runner and I don't expect too many contested possessions / hard ball gets but he just seems so 'light' to me. Fluffy. Nothing impericle about that opinion. Just the way I feel. But he has played well in the VFL and runs all day so he deserves a shot in the seniors at some stage but I don't expect him to cement a spot. Obviously happy to be wrong (and probably wil be haha).

I would agree, but the reason I used the word hard is because his past month of VFL footy he has played with a much harder edge than what we've seen from him in the past. More tackles, running harder, playing with more intent and intensity. He looks more determined. IMO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:51 am 
Serge Silvagni

eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:

I became a member for the first time as a 6 year old in '67 and have had a membership ever since. The morning tea for 50 years and over members started last year. I received my invite in the mail about a month ago. It was a great morning with around 250 people (you could bring one guest along). As well as Bolts there was a chat from Trigg. Guests of honour were Big Nick, Geoff Southby and Ken Hands who were all very generous with their time. :thumbsup:

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:40 am 
Geoff Southby

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:

I became a member for the first time as a 6 year old in '67 and have had a membership ever since. The morning tea for 50 years and over members started last year. I received my invite in the mail about a month ago. It was a great morning with around 250 people (you could bring one guest along). As well as Bolts there was a chat from Trigg. Guests of honour were Big Nick, Geoff Southby and Ken Hands who were all very generous with their time. :thumbsup:

Not fair.

I have been a Social club member; AFL club support member; and Club member since 1965 and don't get any recognition.

Except I have seen the Blues win eight premierships. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:56 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Who gets the rising star nom this week?

Silvagni?
Curnow?
Williamson?

Could raffle it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next