Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

#lollysnakesgate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Brendon Bolton wears a hat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

:grin:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm 
Bert Deacon

Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

McKay went into the ruck after the second goal of the game. Kreuzer jogged off and McKay took the centre bounce.
You're just embarrassing yourself now.

"Hang on, hang on, OK, I was wrong there, but what about this point huh? Huh? Oh, OK but what about this point then?" :lol:

on the subject of embarrassing yourself. Charlie was in the ruck after kreuzer went off, not Harry. wowee. you'd argue black was white just for the hell of it.
Kreuz took the first two centre bounces, Harry took the next three and Charlie the three after that. The AFL site says Kreuz went off at the 9 minute mark of the first quarter, Harry took his first centre bounce at the 10 minute mark which was the first one after Kreuz left the field.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

snakehips wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

McKay went into the ruck after the second goal of the game. Kreuzer jogged off and McKay took the centre bounce.

"Hang on, hang on, OK, I was wrong there, but what about this point huh? Huh? Oh, OK but what about this point then?" :lol:

on the subject of embarrassing yourself. Charlie was in the ruck after kreuzer went off, not Harry. wowee. you'd argue black was white just for the hell of it.
Kreuz took the first two centre bounces, Harry took the next three and Charlie the three after that. The AFL site says Kreuz went off at the 9 minute mark of the first quarter, Harry took his first centre bounce at the 10 minute mark which was the first one after Kreuz left the field.

Truth; interfering with a good story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

Dukes wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Stop talking sense BV. No place for that here.

The reason for our current problems started way before Silvagni and Bolton arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crippa wrote:
Dukes wrote:
robertbb wrote:

The reason for our current problems started way before Silvagni and Bolton arrived.

Yeah, I’m sure our previous coaches were all short!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

snakehips wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

But i was impressed with kreuzers tapping to team mates in the practice before the game - would that have been because there was no opposition?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
He's coaching a decimated team that is struggling to compete. What would you like him to say?

I would like him to stop lying for starters.

Carlton is not a good place and it is clear him and his coaching staff are clearly clueless.
Game style is all over the place.
Why have so many players gone backwards?

How would you know if it's a good place? Perhaps the players understand they are decimated by injuries but they can see the future the youngsters will provide. Any training I've seen the players are upbeat and enjoying themselves. Wouldn't Bolton have a better idea than you?

Game Style. What's all over the place? Give us some examples. Apart from filling holes everywhere, I don't know what you expect. On one hand he's being accused of being all over the place. Other posts claim he isn't changing it up enough. :grin:

Players going backwards. Has Cripps gone backwards? Charlie Curnow? Zac Fisher? SPS hasn't improved but he hasn't gone backwards either. Same with McKay. Most others are injured.
Weitering has struggled but lots of youngsters are inconsistent. Look at Ryan Burton. Touted as unlucky to not win the RS last year and struggling to get a game. He's playing under a triple premiership coach. The improvement of young players isn't linear.

Game style? What is it - do you think having 6 forwards in our forward line might result in more goals?
I would love to see any stats on what percentage of game time has our 18 in the oppositions firward line.
Oh so that cramps the opposition to prevent them scoring?....works well i note - saints only kicked 16.20; what if they kicked straight without the congestion.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

AIRCAV wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Dukes wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Yeah, I’m sure our previous coaches were all short!

On the subject of coaches - how many do we have, what do they do and how successful?
I remember ian chappel commented on the ridiculous number of coaches for the australian test cricket team that the only thing coaches were good for was getting the team to the ground....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
He's coaching a decimated team that is struggling to compete. What would you like him to say?

Carlton is not a good place and it is clear him and his coaching staff are clearly clueless.

How would you know if it's a good place? Perhaps the players understand they are decimated by injuries but they can see the future the youngsters will provide. Any training I've seen the players are upbeat and enjoying themselves. Wouldn't Bolton have a better idea than you?

Game Style. What's all over the place? Give us some examples. Apart from filling holes everywhere, I don't know what you expect. On one hand he's being accused of being all over the place. Other posts claim he isn't changing it up enough. :grin:

Players going backwards. Has Cripps gone backwards? Charlie Curnow? Zac Fisher? SPS hasn't improved but he hasn't gone backwards either. Same with McKay. Most others are injured.
Weitering has struggled but lots of youngsters are inconsistent. Look at Ryan Burton. Touted as unlucky to not win the RS last year and struggling to get a game. He's playing under a triple premiership coach. The improvement of young players isn't linear.

Your patience with some slow learners should be acknowledged. Too much effort for me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:09 pm 
Robert Walls

AIRCAV wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Dukes wrote:
robertbb wrote:

X 5 (Fibonacci strikes again)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:59 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

How would I know it is a good place? A good place in a football sense is a club that is winning. That is why when they walk off the field at the end of a match, one group is smiling, another not.

I think your point though is that I am not there day to day to see how happy they are at training, behind closed doors. Too right I’m not and that is why I would call for an external audit to make sure things are on the right path. Were you around 2002-12? I don’t want to experience that again. Maybe you do? Did you sit through matches where Fevola was basically the only goal kicker and 100 point thrashing were common?Was it fun?

Re your second point. Two players have gone forward and that is a cause for celebration? Where is SPS’s best position for development? There have been plenty of injuries, should there be an audit of the performance team, are they bringing back some players too early? Why is Carlton’s VFL team sub-par? Why are Richmond’s,Geelongs VFL teams consistently better.

Audit, audit, audit. Why have Carlton put all their faith in a ruckman that is almost always injured? Why wasn’t Phillips given game time earlier? These are the questions that a full external review can answer. There are many questions for a team bottom of the ladder.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Game style includes where you decide to play your players.
Putting Curnow in the ruck - he has to be joking, right? Risking your 3rd best player to injury in the ruck. Poor decision.

Game style- Richmond worked out in 2017 Dusty was best spending time in the forward line, what are they doing with SPS? Is he getting enough time forward?

Game style- can they change to a high short kicking possession team when needed? Who tells them to flick the switch?

Game style-Is zone defence working? Did you see the Brisbane game. They got over 20 marks in the f50, they weren’t even within 10 metres on some marks. does the coach have the capacity to stifle that mark taking? Extra numbers? Taggers, is the balance right? What decisions did he make?
An External audit can answer the questions. The questions need to be asked behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tap in 79 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Game style includes where you decide to play your players.
Putting Curnow in the ruck - he has to be joking, right? Risking your 3rd best player to injury in the ruck. Poor decision.

Game style- Richmond worked out in 2017 Dusty was best spending time in the forward line, what are they doing with SPS? Is he getting enough time forward?

Game style- can they change to a high short kicking possession team when needed? Who tells them to flick the switch?

Game style-Is zone defence working? Did you see the Brisbane game. They got over 20 marks in the f50, they weren’t even within 10 metres on some marks. does the coach have the capacity to stifle that mark taking? Extra numbers? Taggers, is the balance right? What decisions did he make?
An External audit can answer the questions. The questions need to be asked behind closed doors.

I'm hoping the new football manager has the confidence to implement the audit in the first couple of weeks of their tenure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:24 am 
Geoff Southby

Stone Free wrote:

I'm hoping the new football manager has the confidence to implement the audit in the first couple of weeks of their tenure.

i'm hoping he's given the power to conduct the audit!!

... as opposed to being just another mouthpiece sprouting 1-2weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:

SPS has spent most of the season as a half forward. :? Where do you think he has been playing? By the same token, he has also been given opportunities at half back and in the midfield which is what development is about.

Game style. Look at the games. We've changed the game styles often to suit the opposition or game momentum. Against Collingwood we maintained possession, controlled the game tempo and played short kicking, possession game. Our uncontested mark total was significantly higher than there's. We've also done it in other games. Unfounded criticism.

Games style. We had more inside 50's against Brisbane. 51 to 49. Of our 51 entries, they rebounded 42 times. Do you really think extra numbers in defence or taggers are going to stop that? The more players you put back, the faster it comes straight back in. We cant bemoan the lack of attacking options when we take possession of the ball and then whinge when our players are in offensive mode when its turned over. We are currently playing with probably 10 of the bottom 15 players on our list. Between them and the kids, they're not consistently up to it. You can't coach for that. You cant coach players to expect turnovers. Otherwise you'll play with 18 players in defence. You coach them to react quickly to a defensive transition but you cant coach them to play 100 minutes of defensive mindset. They'll never develop that way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 am 
Craig Bradley

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/16/ ... o-mcclure/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 350  Next