Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
Cimm youre naive.

We have already signed the club over to the rich.. the board is cos its in the constitution.
If the boars cant get the club moving forward without benefactor money.. and it cant... and benefactors pump in million...
You end up with 2 VP one is a senior VP JEanie PRatt.. you get her son in law on the board.. and you get another benefactors nephew on the board... by invite.... and you get a vegetable as prez cos the Pratts like him...and say he should be...

The Pratts are on the board, Bruce has a rep on the board.

Agitators for removing Ratts by payIng out his contract , don't.

Hopefully they hold the line against the wealthy and unelected as well as the pub lunch wannabes that support then.

Last edited by cimm1979 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
My lasting memory of MM is his face in last years grand final .

A look of total bewilderment. Clueless, void of answers and no way of winning the game.

No doubt Psych and Synners will say Ratts looks like that every week, but he doesn't .

MM failed badly.

Yes he did fail.... he didnt win the flag......

but so did Ratts... he lost 3 out of 4 finals...

thats miserable....
two were elims....

Also .. losing to Port he didnt loom flash this year... remember that face???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:
I'm not 100% fixated on Malthouse either. I'm just told its his job if he wants it.

The one thing MM will bring to the table is a no nonsense approach and a consistent message to the group.

But that's exactly what Pagan bought.....his way or the highway.
Its great having a consistent and strong message but what if its not the right message?
Collingwood got rid of Malthouse. They had every opportunity to back out but they knew he was on the decline.
Like you I'm happy to get an experienced coach but I'm happy to open it up to everyone. I'm yet to hear a credible reason why we shouldnt go through a comprehensive process that interviews all suitable candidates.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
My lasting memory of MM is his face in last years grand final .

A look of total bewilderment. Clueless, void of answers and no way of winning the game.

No doubt Psych and Synners will say Ratts looks like that every week, but he doesn't .

MM failed badly.

Yes he did fail.... he didnt win the flag......

but so did Ratts... he lost 3 out of 4 finals...

thats miserable....
two were elims....

Also .. losing to Port he didnt loom flash this year... remember that face???

Yep, remember it well. But yOud think after 25 years of coaching though you might not get surprised on the biggest day of the year.

Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Cimm youre naive.

We have already signed the club over to the rich.. the board is cos its in the constitution.
If the boars cant get the club moving forward without benefactor money.. and it cant... and benefactors pump in million...
You end up with 2 VP one is a senior VP JEanie PRatt.. you get her son in law on the board.. and you get another benefactors nephew on the board... by invite.... and you get a vegetable as prez cos the Pratts like him...and say he should be...

Hopefully they hold the line against the wealth and unelected as well as the pub lunch wannabes that support then.

You supporting

LOL

what???

If Ratts goes ... the board will pay his contract including Pratts x2 and Mathiesons
and the powerhouse prez we have will be overlooking it..

Or are you thinking that will happen without the boards knowledge???

what are you saying???

Last edited by TruBlueBrad on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comment removed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 pm 
formerly cj69

Synbad wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Cimm youre naive.

Hopefully they hold the line against the wealth and unelected as well as the pub lunch wannabes that support then.

You supporting

LOL

what???

If Ratts goes ... the board will pay his contract including Pratts x2 and Mathiesons
and the powerhouse prez we have will be overlooking it..

Or are you thinking that will happen without the boards knowledge???

what are you saying???

Seriously Synbad don't even bother.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Logic has very little to do with your argument Synners.

It's just one piece of second hand fluff after another whispered to into a willing ear.

I thought you were about process and professionalism?

Or only when it suits.?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Cheerleader is back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

I reckon I'm starting to lean towards the "keep Ratts for another year" view.

A) Ratt's record is actually pretty reasonable. I expect he's improving his coaching all the time - so
in theory he'll be a better coach next year than he's ever been.
B) MM had some pretty crap times with Collingwood - I don't see him as cure-all.
C) Injuries are a good excuse for 2012.
D) $$$$$$$
E) We have brought in so called "highly regarded" assistants like Alan Richardson and Gavin what's his name.
The message we're giving the players surely can't be that different to anyone else.
F) I'm not convinced our list is that good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

On one hand Cimm is telling us what a good job the president is doing.
Then he is worried benefactors will pay Ratts out.... and thats some kind of termite thing.
When the benefactors run the club that is skippered by Sticks cos he needs them and cant make this club autonomous...cos he is useless and provides no leadership or direction.. and we have people coming in and appointing sons in laws.. nephews etc... onto the board....
Meanwhile they appoint a coach who cant coach.. takes them five years to realise Ratts is a dud and MUST do something about it.
In their panic they feel they can no longer go through a process.. as a proocess is an unknown quantity and the window might close fast.
So they think they should go to a guy with a record... old as he might be and we dont know if he has the ideas for the future.. they decide upon him.. and must pay through the nose to lure him.
Meanwhile there is a snag.. the first coach has a contract.. the club doesnt have the money they pretend to have... so he must be paid out.. of course benefactors.. who have been buoying this club must fit the bill... cos the coach is a loyal servant of the club but he will want his pound of flesh owed to him
The benefactors will provide the fee of flesh... but they will want stuff in return.

All this worries Cimm....... cos people might be fiddling with the club and treating is as their own toy.

Meanwhile he tells everybody what a great president Sticks is... the club is on the right path.

Im still trying to understand the logic in all this .

Its the world according to Cimm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 pm 
formerly cj69

Synners don't even bother arguing with him. It goes nowhere. You could say the sky is blue and he would argue it.

Plus, when you highlight his posts I get to see them. :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Nice long post Synners.

Looked as though it's written for an audience .

It in no way resembles my thoughts on the club, the coach, the management or the board.

Nice and long though.

No doubt the Psych will come in with a handclap emoticon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:21 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Learn to get along and play nice guys or this thread and any discussion relating to the coaching situation are going to be locked.

Discuss the topic at hand and leave the personal attacks out of it.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
Nice long post Synners.

It in no way resembles my thoughts on the club, the coach, the management or the board.

Nice and long though.

Well im no sure what youre saying....

Can you be more concise???

What dont you like about the board and president you support getting rid of the coach and having it financed by third parties???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 pm 
formerly King Kenny

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Learn to get along and play nice guys or this thread and any discussion relating to the coaching situation are going to be locked.

Discuss the topic at hand and leave the personal attacks out of it.

Can we create a John Barker thread then? Everyone would be in agreement then :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:33 pm 
formerly cj69

Synbad wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Nice long post Synners.

Nice and long though.

Well im no sure what youre saying....

Can you be more concise???

What dont you like about the board and president you support getting rid of the coach and having it financed by third parties???

Bloody hell Synners your dragging me into it! :wink:

Well done. :clap:

:thanks:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sorry :donk:

But im really interested in cimms point re all this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 pm 
formerly cj69

Synbad wrote:
Sorry :donk:

But im really interested in cimms point re all this.

It'll be the opposite of what yours is. :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Eade coaching us, if Ratten was to go.
Eade created a game plan that suited the players he had at the bulldogs and even though he did not get the rewards he should have, he coached very, very well. The players certaintly listened and worked for him. Unfortunately, he could not get the missing link he needed. I think Eade would suit our players better than Malthouse. I am really concerned about Malthouse and a lot of what BV said previously has been playing on my mind as well.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

I think Ratts is a super coach.. and i hope we dont get rid of him.. cos if we do... alot of other clubs will wannatake him and he will win flags.

Ratts = flags

Second... Sticks should remain president as long he is breathing cos with him at the helm... were flying....he is King Midas... everything Sticks touches turns to gold...

... and people think im a broken record...!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109  Next