Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Deano Supremo wrote:
phoenix johnson wrote:
I won't have a bad word said about Barks, Krabb, St.Fid, Skeptic etc or any other SSers who frequented TBV.
All of them took me under their wing when I was getting belted on SS.
I have the utmost respect for them.

To be honest, I don't mind 'em either, but if they think they're not gunna get a spray then well...

Live by the sword die by the sword. :twisted:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:59 am 
Adrian Gallagher

I agree with all that has been said....the scary thing is , that we almost gave lance to them :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

NDS will win a brownlow, = gun. I f we could get him. LMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:41 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Deano Supremo wrote:
We all know the exodus will happen, and when it does I'll be the first to piss myself laughing at the saints.

The joy these bastards took in the Hamill / Goddard / wooden spoons at optus oval fiascos was more than I was prepared to take. They have a lot of shit slanging coming their way, and if they reckon anything they copped in the awful eighties was bad they ain't seen nothing yet.

You want to think you're part of the big 4 saints, then you'd better be prepared for a brand of warfare you never knew existed. :twisted:

I can't believe you lot still bitch and complain about Hamil l and Goddard

and yet you lot welcome back "Pigs Arse" Elliott, the cause of all your problems to start with...

Not just the salary cap issue, but the $11M loss because of Elliott's push for Optus Oval

Again, Elliott was the cause of your problems. Don't blame the Saints, you lot would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:42 pm 
John Nicholls

St Fidelius wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
We all know the exodus will happen, and when it does I'll be the first to piss myself laughing at the saints.

The joy these bastards took in the Hamill / Goddard / wooden spoons at optus oval fiascos was more than I was prepared to take. They have a lot of shit slanging coming their way, and if they reckon anything they copped in the awful eighties was bad they ain't seen nothing yet.

You want to think you're part of the big 4 saints, then you'd better be prepared for a brand of warfare you never knew existed. :twisted:

and yet you lot welcome back "Pigs Arse" Elliott, the cause of all your problems to start with...

Not just the salary cap issue, but the $11M loss because of Elliott's push for Optus Oval

Again, Elliott was the cause of your problems. Don't blame the Saints, you lot would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

You know the funny this is that Jack has never once said "pigs arse".
Funny how the saying is synonamous(sp?) with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:55 pm 
Robert Walls

St Fidelius wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:

actually the 11Mill loss isnt solely elliots fault - the legends stand was built before telstra dome was planned. The decision to build telstra AND the afl's subsequent stance on optus is what killed the stadium as a venue - which in turn forced the club to write off the stand before the club moves to the dome next year (given that the inherent value of stands is linked to the ability to stage events). The 11million dollar loss is mainly depreciation of assetts It isnt a cash loss and frankly has nothing to do with elliot (aside from him deciding to build it).

It was a reasonable decision at the time to build the legends stand given the historical precedents of footy matches being played predominantly at suburban grounds and the AFL having never given any indication of changing that stance. Also in terms of redevelopment of grounds, one only needs to look at the cats home ground - bar bad publicity from the AFL, there isnt too much difference between the 2 projects - one is a reasonable success whereas the other has just been written off as a loss (and hence failure).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:42 pm 
Robert Walls

St Fidelius wrote:

Here's a first...I agree with you St F!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:45 pm 
Robert Walls

BlueWorld wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Here's a first...I agree with you St F!

Some do, not all - I think a lot of us moved on a few years ago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If we hadn't traded Hamill, we wouldn't now have Livo. Why does everyone forget that?

I don't want to live in a world without Livo.

END OF STORY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Tyrant's, it took me 5 minutes to stop laughing after I saw your Avatar :lol:

Brilliant :D

Ronald Reagan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

actually couldn't give a toss about the sainters I'm more interested in watching our own kids learn under a great coach how to play the game.

the bitching in the past was because the horizon was dark we couldn';t see anything but the shit behind.

Now, now I see the Golden Path, Paul... ah Paul! Paul take up your eyes, grab hold of Chani and follow that golden path - it'll lead you to the bluebaggers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:30 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Deano Supremo wrote:

The joy these bastards took in the Hamill / Goddard /

and another thing Deano, you sound like my flower wife, and now I am frighten to go to bed (looking at your av)

As I said you are still complaining about Hamill, but do I here anything about your recruit Stevens???? NO TRADE AT ALL.....

Just FFS give it a rest and grow up!!!

As you know the wheel always turns and your time up the top will come again, FWIW I think you are a big chance for top 8...

I've mentioned this is another post, but give this other shyte a rest, the comments are so repetitive it becomes so boring :roll: :roll:

Yeah talk about Hamill and just keep quiet about Nick Stevens :roll: :roll:

Just for christ sake enjoy your season, and cut the crap :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:27 pm 
St Kilda Supporter

Hey Deano... what the flower...

another thing......

Never forget the headline in 84 on the back page of the herald scum!

"Let them Rot"

Collo`s sticking his nose in comments about St.kilda`s scheme of arrangement payments to past players!
Collo went on to say that St.kilda should call it a day, wind things up and cease to operate!
He said it was disgraceful that we could not afford to pay our players!

err cough err F***** cough!
fast forward 19 years!
oh the irony of it all!

GIVE THE flower THING A REST YOU ARE WAY OUT OF YOUR DEPTHS AS FAR AS SHIT SLINGING GOES TOWARDS THE SAINTS...

Just focus that wee brain of yours, on your side....

Hamill/ Goddard .... :roll: :roll:

Just need to get a life, and maybe don't put your dad as an av....

You sound like a little child....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm with Dannyboy here. The focus on other clubs players is just pie in the sky stuff. We've got some good young kids and I'd rather focus on them. Lets face it unless we were to finish last we'd have to give up heaven and earth to get marquee players out of other clubs anyway. It's just simply not worth it.

Who cares about Hamill anyway. If he was still at Carlton he'd just be another over inflated contract problem from the previous board. His body is near shot and probably has 4 years left in him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:50 pm 
Bert Deacon

Beantown wrote:
I'm with Dannyboy here. The focus on other clubs players is just pie in the sky stuff. We've got some good young kids and I'd rather focus on them. Lets face it unless we were to finish last we'd have to give up heaven and earth to get marquee players out of other clubs anyway. It's just simply not worth it.

Who cares about Hamill anyway. If he was still at Carlton he'd just be another over inflated contract problem from the previous board. His body is near shot and probably has 4 years left in him.

I think 4 years is being generous Bean, and to think the Saints signed him to a 5 year deal. As I said to GarthP on the TBV some time back, Hamil is a poison chalice and the Saints will find this out soon enough. 2005 and 2006 is when the contract pain will start and some more than handy performers will move on and the Saints will start their migratory climb/slide back to whence they came.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

It's always worth applying salary cup pressure to other clubs, because it strengthens our overall position when it comes to trade time. And while I'm rapt with the way our list is developing, it's certainly worth sniffing around those clubs with talented lists (especially as we have the best coach who can develop them much further).

There's a whole raft of Saints players I'd be interested in, if they got squeezed out, and came at the right price:

Riewoldt, Koczitske, Ball, Dal Santo, Maguire, Goddard, Schwartz, Montagna. Heck I'd even be interested in the Clarke brothers.

As a general rule, you trade for your needs, you trade for players performing well, you trade for underperforming talented players. And St Kilda's got a host fitting into those different categories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

spf wrote:
Beantown wrote:

I think 4 years is being generous Bean, and to think the Saints signed him to a 5 year deal. As I said to GarthP on the TBV some time back, Hamil is a poison chalice and the Saints will find this out soon enough. 2005 and 2006 is when the contract pain will start and some more than handy performers will move on and the Saints will start their migratory climb/slide back to whence they came.

I don't care if I was being generous, my whole point was that he plays for St.Kilda therefore is a St.Kilda player, so he can get a big black dog up him for all I care. I'm more worried about my own team.

Hamill to me is but a distant memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

seriously, who gives a flying root about Hamill or Goddard.

Hamill's a bloody cripple (AND WE'VE GOT A FULL BACK NOW!!!!!!!), and Goddard.... well.... I'm quite satisfied with the young players we have. Goddard would be a great addition, but so would Tredrea, Brown, Goodes, Judd and Cousins. Who cares? Let them have them

We have plenty to be thankful for. Caring about St.Kilda or their players is like trading in your Maybach for a Hyundai Getz.

Kade Simpson is a more interesting prospect than Goddard. You know why? BECAUSE HE WEARS NAVY BLUE

If Goddard wants to get smart, he knows where to find us.

Until then...... YAWN

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next