Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueWorld wrote:
Why do Collingwood have a social club? You do realize that on Sat when it is OUR home game they will still get to use that facility in the Ponsford Stand. :evil:

That's what they get for having a board with vision running their club and having the nous to negotiate themsleves a good deal instead of building a grandstand that nobody wants to sit in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

you know what... I kinda prefer the dome! At least that has posters on the Wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

camelboy wrote:
BlueWorld wrote:
Why do Collingwood have a social club? You do realize that on Sat when it is OUR home game they will still get to use that facility in the Ponsford Stand. :evil:

That's what they get for having a board with vision running their club and having the nous to negotiate themsleves a good deal instead of building a grandstand that nobody wants to sit in.

whilst in one aspect i can agree with that, we have had the same social club conditions for some time at the MCG and they have always been shit. I would have hoped that becuase of our move we would have had a better set up put in place.

As it is, we no longer have the OO Social Club - the best of the lot, a decent one at TD and a shocking one at MCG.

The club would have been far better sticking to their guns and working at playing more games at the MCG and getting a better social club set up there, than the deal we have in place.

One of the reasons we werent able to get the MCG deal was becuase of the AFL not willing to listen to the MCC and CFC proposed plans, and if it turns out that collingfilth get it, i will be bloody furious :evil: at both the afl and our club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePrez wrote:
camelboy wrote:
BlueWorld wrote:

whilst in one aspect i can agree with that, we have had the same social club conditions for some time at the MCG and they have always been shit. I would have hoped that becuase of our move we would have had a better set up put in place.

As it is, we no longer have the OO Social Club - the best of the lot, a decent one at TD and a shocking one at MCG.

The club would have been far better sticking to their guns and working at playing more games at the MCG and getting a better social club set up there, than the deal we have in place.

One of the reasons we werent able to get the MCG deal was becuase of the AFL not willing to listen to the MCC and CFC proposed plans, and if it turns out that collingfilth get it, i will be bloody furious :evil: at both the afl and our club.

cb's right. We have what we have there because we negotiated for it. It's our home ground along with a few other clubs and we all have our social clubs their.

The MCG is NOT your home ground. You have Optus, you have Telstra. How would you have reacted had opposition supporters came waltzing into Optus and started demanding space?

Prefer to have your own cushy area at the MCG? Well then, I suggest you go speak to your president and ask what possible reason he had to prefer to play more of your games at Telstra.....

Wojee wrote:
Harmes was out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

I believe its the previous president where the bulk of the fault lies. Essendon* and Collingwood have clearly shown that there was an advantage to negotiating early and shrewdly with the Dome and the G respectively in regards to long term deals. We got in too late and have to do the best we can with the circumstances at the time.

We can discuss all we like about what we could have done to get more games at the MCG but the AFL didn't want to know about it, and again, they have us by the short and curlies in regards to fixturing.

This is why that article the other day about non-Vic clubs being able to negotiate better deals was a crock of shit. Jabba tried to sell it as an issue of there being too many clubs in Melbourne, and while no doubt it's a contributing factor, it's nothing compared to the fact that AFL controls the fixture and will schedule games where it sees fit, regardless of any deals a club may do with one particular ground. Not forgeting the fact that the AFL is also directly involved in home ground negotiations for Victorian based clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

$2million dollars but lets not go there again...

Years ago I got fed up with sitting with all the AFL members that get the same seating allocation as social club members - so upgraded to social gold reserved seat which is usually a safe bet...
cept the bloke behind me is the most negative whinging bastard I've ever had the misforture to sit near - I's almost prefer the Essendon* bloke in his wheelchair who wizzes up and down the aisle screaming "ess en don" always have to resist the temptation to stick a flag in the spokes..

speaking of flags...

people - by all menas buy your children flags and those big inflatable hands.. but teach them manners

dont let them wave them just above peoples heads or poke them in peoples faces....its not nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

ThePrez wrote:
...and if it turns out that collingfilth get it, i will be bloody furious :evil: at both the afl and our club.

Be prepared to be furious then, it has been known for some years that Collingwood is getting a new, permanent, Social Club in one of the new MCG stands (the northern one IIRC), as was negotiated when the stands were still in the planning process. While this deal was being done we had an empty Legends Stand and a President with his head so far up his own arse he couldn't see what we were missing out on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

camelboy wrote:
ThePrez wrote:
...and if it turns out that collingfilth get it, i will be bloody furious :evil: at both the afl and our club.

Be prepared to be furious then, it has been known for some years that Collingwood is getting a new, permanent, Social Club in one of the new MCG stands (the northern one IIRC), as was negotiated when the stands were still in the planning process. While this deal was being done we had an empty Legends Stand and a President with his head so far up his own arse he couldn't see what we were missing out on.

no, im not talking about what the filth have in place, im talking about what they are trying to do.

And that is get all their home games at the MCG as well as the 3 or 4 games that would be played there every year as well, which in effect would seem them play about 14 games at the MCG every year.

The Filth have the MCG and TD as the home grounds, just as we do, but when the club looked at going for the 8 MCG / 3 TD option the AFL, without actually saying they wont stop us said that they scehdule the games where they want anyways, said that going for the 8/3 option was not going to happen due to scheduling conflicts.

Now, mc chins has been coming forward saying how much the filth are bending over backwards so that the MCC and AFL can come to an agreement where it will see the prelim game no longer required.

In other words, exactly the same offer the CFC was trying to get, but couldnt due to the AFL objections, now the filth are proposing the same deal, and if they get it, i will be pissed, extremelly pissed. Im actually warming to the TD, but would still far prefer to have our vast majority of games od the MCG, for no other reason that when it is finished it will be the best venue in Australia. Why we agreed to a ten year deal is still frustrating.

Good on Mc Chins for getting the permanent social club for the filth. But i wonder how long that will last, surely with filth supporters being filth supporters it will only be a matter of weeks before it is closed for renovations due to "domestic disturbances" :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Don't understand what all the fuss is about.
We chose to make Telstra Dome our home ground and not the MCG. :?
Get a grip people. If we chose the MCG like Collingwood then we would be entitled to have one. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

camelboy wrote:
I believe its the previous president where the bulk of the fault lies. Essendon* and Collingwood have clearly shown that there was an advantage to negotiating early and shrewdly with the Dome and the G respectively in regards to long term deals. We got in too late and have to do the best we can with the circumstances at the time.

We can discuss all we like about what we could have done to get more games at the MCG but the AFL didn't want to know about it, and again, they have us by the short and curlies in regards to fixturing.

This is why that article the other day about non-Vic clubs being able to negotiate better deals was a crock of shit. Jabba tried to sell it as an issue of there being too many clubs in Melbourne, and while no doubt it's a contributing factor, it's nothing compared to the fact that AFL controls the fixture and will schedule games where it sees fit, regardless of any deals a club may do with one particular ground. Not forgeting the fact that the AFL is also directly involved in home ground negotiations for Victorian based clubs.

Sorry but I am sick to death about us blaming every-one else, including previous president, AFL, etc.....We made our decision, now lets live with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

We will be paying the filth for use of its social club when choose to use it in the future.
What was the AFL saying about equalisation again???

Seriously, full credit to the filth for negotiating that deal, it is a ripper. A designated, filth-only area for home AND away games where the old Ponsford stand used to be is great for them. Did the AFL have any influence on the filth decision and negotiation process when it relocated from Vic Park? Unlike it had with the Blues? :? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:
Don't understand what all the fuss is about.
We chose to make Telstra Dome our home ground and not the MCG. :?
Get a grip people. If we chose the MCG like Collingwood then we would be entitled to have one. :roll:

Ah, some common sense at last!

Surrey is right. CARLTON made the decisions they've made. CARLTON negotiated the deals they have. CARLTON chose telstra.

I'm not here to brag about our facilities or what we have and you don't. But it's getting a bit tired to hear the same complaints and the blaming of others for where you are right now.

Get some perspective kids. I'd trade our beautiful stand and social club right now for the West Nyora canteen if it meant we had two wins on the board right now....

Wojee wrote:
Harmes was out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:05 pm 
Robert Walls

I'm glad the filth have been corralled into their own area - it'll keep the grimy, thieving, bogans away from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You all still realise that there's more of us than any other supporter group in the AFL members too, right? 8)

Wojee wrote:
Harmes was out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:20 pm 
Robert Walls

I bet there's more of you either driving stolen cars or luxuriating in Barwon prison, but I'd hardly brag about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

There's more of us everywhere. Be it stealing cars, breaking and entering or performing brain surgery.

That happens when you have more supporters than anyone else. You're always going to have a higher ratio of all demographics. Even the bad ones.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wojee wrote:
Harmes was out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:25 pm 
Robert Walls

You've got more than us.
You've got more than us.
You've got more than us.
You've got more than us.
You've got more than us.
You've got more than us.