Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:26 pm 
formerly cj69

I'm not sure anything thinks Malthouse as God. I surely don't.

I am not sure that interviewing candidates in our situation is the best way forward. IMO its time for "the best". That doesn't necessarily mean interviews.

As I said, and I stand by, instead of bagging or criticising others how about putting up who you think we should get?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

buzzaaaah wrote:
Travis Cloak.

Does that mean we're getting both??

:lol:

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:41 pm 
Wayne Johnston

ThePsychologist wrote:

I am not sure that interviewing candidates in our situation is the best way forward. IMO its time for "the best". That doesn't necessarily mean interviews.

As I said, and I stand by, instead of bagging or criticising others how about putting up who you think we should get?

I agree. As long as there is a solid process followed that gives us the best person for the job i dont really care if there are interviews or not.

For some reason i feel more drawn to the idea of having Rocket rather than MM in charge. Blight eventually got it right after being the bridesmaid at the Cats a few times.
Rocket did well with the dogs with minimal resources. Could well be the better coach.

Just a vibe though.

Happy to stick with Ratts too but can see that the idea of changing things up would tempting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stamos wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:
A couple of high profile people have offered to cover Ratten's contract if he leaves and MM is appointed.

This seems to be a massive problem with our club.
People from the outside thinking that their money gives them the right to make calls like this.

If they really wanted to help the club, why don't they just donate the money with the caveats.
Or run for the board themselves.

Didn't Fraser Brown allegedlyfoot the bill to remove Pagan and appoint his good mate?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Siegfried wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
Travis Cloak.

Does that mean we're getting both??

:lol:

T. B.C. L. Oak

Covers all angles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

If Ratts was moved on I think we would have to go for an experienced coach who has had previous success ie Premiership. Don't think it would be fair on Ratts to appoint a rookie coach as his immediate successor. I have a leaning towards Malthouse for a number of reasons. I do believe he has unfinished business and therefore still has a strong hunger to coach again. Difficult for players to question his ideas as they have proven to be successful in past. Think we need a strong personality back at the club. I think Rocket Eade is a good coach but he only got Sydney so far and same at Doggies even though finances were fairly stretched there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Talk of it being ok for wealthy benefactors to pay out an existing contract is simply dogsh1t.

It's simply another method of destabilizing the incumbent coach by people who don't have the stones to run for the board, but want to run a club anyway.

Weak as p1ss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm 
Trevor Keogh

sign the bloke!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

cimm1979 wrote:
Talk of it being ok for wealthy benefactors to pay out an existing contract is simply dogsh1t.

It's simply another method of destabilizing the incumbent coach by people who don't have the stones to run for the board, but want to run a club anyway.

Weak as p1ss.

Same guys that keep the club afloat.. cos the board and CEO cant ....

Its not weak as piss.. sorry!!!.. youre for Bruces pokies and money from Pratts??.. well everything comes with strings.

Anyway... Ratten is the least of our problems... he was given the job by the people who cant raise revenue streams and look for benefactors.

You have a mute point...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:

Bagging or criticising? :lol:
You need to harden up Psych. I'm just disagreeing with a view you are pushing. Thats it.
If you want a site where everyone agrees with you, you should start up your own 1 man website.

Also, as for you requesting me to come up with alternatives, I dont know who should get the job. Thats why we should open up the field and interview plenty of applicants.
One thing I do know is I've spoken to 3 of Malthouses ex assistants. From what they tell me, he's the last bloke I'd want. But to be fair, if he goes through the interviews and wins the job, so be it.

Why are you and others hesitant to open up the field? Surely if Malthouse is so good, he'll be the successful applicant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm hesitant to open up the field because I don't trust the flowers to do the "process" properly.

It's the Rumsfeld thing and "known knowns" don't look so bad considering the "unknown unknowns" that may be given the job by Sticks and Co if it's an open competition.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:
I'm hesitant to open up the field because I don't trust the !@#$%& to do the "process" properly.

It's the Rumsfeld thing and "known knowns" don't look so bad considering the "unknown unknowns" that may be given the job by Sticks and Co if it's an open competition.

Who nows ? Kouta might be the next coach.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

GWS wrote:
I'm hesitant to open up the field because I don't trust the !@#$%& to do the "process" properly.

Understandable - this is what Elliott & his cronies together with 10 years of !@#$% has done to supporters - shattered confidence almost beyond repair

I'd hate to think Elliott is still in the background working Sticks........

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:

Maybe. Perhaps Ratten isnt the problem but the board is. If they are so incompetent, what could Ratten achieve with a strong and competent board?
I dont get the Malthouse thing. I watch him on channel 7 and he's very mediocre. I talk to his ex assistant coaches and they're not complimentary.
McGuire protected him and worked hard to protect his legacy but the truth is, they were the ones who decided to get rid of him.

Yet we are happy to sign him up without looking around first. Its 2002 all over again IMO.
Obviously I'm missing something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:

Weak as p1ss.

Same guys that keep the club afloat.. cos the board and CEO cant ....

Its not weak as piss.. sorry!!!.. youre for Bruces pokies and money from Pratts??.. well everything comes with strings.

Anyway... Ratten is the least of our problems... he was given the job by the people who cant raise revenue streams and look for benefactors.

You have a mute point...!!!

So why have a board at all?

Let's just hand the club over to the wealthy.

I'm sure you would love that. Maybe they'd ask you and the malcontents for advice.

So who are the people saying that they would cover Ratts contract? Are they Bruce's people or Jeannie's people or just some bunch of wealthy whingers this nothing better to do.?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:45 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Yazzamatazz wrote:
Just heard we will be keeping ratten on next year as we can't afford to pay him out. Apparently we targeted Roos but that will have to wait till next year when he finishes up his commitments (not a done deal though).

What is apparently a done deal though is Travis Cloak.

My work has strong connections with the CFC and the info is pretty hard to dismiss from where I am sitting.

Should just announce it publicly then if that's the case and remove the speculation from the outside world.

I would now expect another exodus of failed assistants to prevent the barker getting louder.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:46 pm 
formerly cj69

I'm not 100% fixated on Malthouse either. I'm just told its his job if he wants it.

The one thing MM will bring to the table is a no nonsense approach and a consistent message to the group. He will also have no hesitation playing kids and will want the reserves to effectively be imitating what the seniors will do.

IMO, after what we have been through and the obvious issues at the club an experienced coach is a must. Whether that is MM, Laidley, Eade or whoever they must be given full support to run the football department their way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:

It shouldn`t be that hard to set up a credible panel? Say, Walls, McKay, Mathews etc
I think Malthouse has got it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

Cimm youre naive.

We have already signed the club over to the rich.. the board is cos its in the constitution.
If the boars cant get the club moving forward without benefactor money.. and it cant... and benefactors pump in million...
You end up with 2 VP one is a senior VP JEanie PRatt.. you get her son in law on the board.. and you get another benefactors nephew on the board... by invite.... and you get a vegetable as prez cos the Pratts like him...and say he should be...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

My lasting memory of MM is his face in last years grand final .

A look of total bewilderment. Clueless, void of answers and no way of winning the game.

No doubt Psych and Synners will say Ratts looks like that every week, but he doesn't .

MM failed badly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 109  Next