Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 109  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Yazzamatazz wrote:
Mick has a proven record for rebuilding a club, more than once.

When was that Yazza?
As far as I can see, he spent 12 years at the best resourced club in the AFL for 1 flag. :?
Someone like Mark williams who won a flag with poor facilities and little resources would eat Malthouse if that was the criteria IMO.

I'd rather Ratten stay than get Malthouse in. It smacks of 2002 all over again IMO. Push out a coach to deflect the heat from the board and get in a coach without going through an appropriate process.
Piss weak IMO.

Lets go through a comprehensive process and get the best candidate. If Malthouse is that man, fair enough.
Odds on he knows he's yesterdays man and wouldnt lower himself to go up against the up and comers.

Good politics by the board though. Get in a big name which will take the heat off them. Jacks ghost still lingers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 pm 
formerly cj69

Blue Vain wrote:
Yazzamatazz wrote:

When was that Yazza?
As far as I can see, he spent 12 years at the best resourced club in the AFL for 1 flag. :?

When Malthouse arrived they certainly weren't the best resourced. They had only just started to really turn the corner under Eddie.

He took an average side to two Grand Finals in 2002-2003.

Part of Malthouses charter when he arrived was to help develop the best football department in football. IMO he did pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:25 pm 
Laurie Kerr

ThePsychologist wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Yazzamatazz wrote:

When was that Yazza?

When Malthouse arrived they certainly weren't the best resourced. They had only just started to really turn the corner under Eddie.

Part of Malthouses charter when he arrived was to help develop the best football department in football. IMO he did pretty well.

I think he would also have better list to work with talent-wise than the one he had when he first took Collingwood over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:08 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Last two points cover it BV...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:
only if booo-urns comes as well

This.
And then we can install Boo-urns and chop Malty to piss him off once more :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Just heard we will be keeping ratten on next year as we can't afford to pay him out. Apparently we targeted Roos but that will have to wait till next year when he finishes up his commitments (not a done deal though).

What is apparently a done deal though is Travis Cloak.

My work has strong connections with the CFC and the info is pretty hard to dismiss from where I am sitting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Yazzamatazz wrote:
Just heard we will be keeping ratten on next year as we can't afford to pay him out. Apparently we targeted Roos but that will have to wait till next year when he finishes up his commitments (not a done deal though).

What is apparently a done deal though is Travis Cloak.

My work has strong connections with the CFC and the info is pretty hard to dismiss from where I am sitting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: if true....

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Travis Cloak.

Does that mean we're getting both??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 pm 
formerly cj69

Yazzamatazz wrote:

We targeted Roos last year. Made it clear he will not be coaching so in the end we went with Ratten.

A couple of high profile people have offered to cover Ratten's contract if he leaves and MM is appointed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
Yazzamatazz wrote:

When was that Yazza?
Someone like Mark williams who won a flag with poor facilities and little resources would eat Malthouse if that was the criteria IMO.

I'd rather Ratten stay than get Malthouse in. It smacks of 2002 all over again IMO. Push out a coach to deflect the heat from the board and get in a coach without going through an appropriate process.
Piss weak IMO.

Lets go through a comprehensive process and get the best candidate. If Malthouse is that man, fair enough.
Odds on he knows he's yesterdays man and wouldnt lower himself to go up against the up and comers.

Good politics by the board though. Get in a big name which will take the heat off them. Jacks ghost still lingers.

It has Jacks fingerprints all over it - would not surprise me if Jack's a senior advisor to Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

Well we may have missed out on Buddha Hocking! Damn shame!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

ThePsychologist wrote:
A couple of high profile people have offered to cover Ratten's contract if he leaves and MM is appointed.

This seems to be a massive problem with our club.
People from the outside thinking that their money gives them the right to make calls like this.

If they really wanted to help the club, why don't they just donate the money with the caveats.
Or run for the board themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:53 pm 
Robert Walls

ThePsychologist wrote:
Yazzamatazz wrote:

We targeted Roos last year. Made it clear he will not be coaching so in the end we went with Ratten.

So Ratts was going to be sacked after missing a prelim by 1 kick (and very dodgy umpiring)?

If that is true the non-football people should be the 1st to go (President, board etc) before they make decisions that will affect the long term interest of the club.

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 pm 
formerly cj69

Stamos wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

This seems to be a massive problem with our club.
People from the outside thinking that their money gives them the right to make calls like this.

If they really wanted to help the club, why don't they just donate the money with the caveats.
Or run for the board themselves.

Not how it works at all. Offers have been made that IF Ratten is sacked they will cover his pay. Nothing wrong with that. Every club has benefactors that do similar in so many areas. They haven't demanded his sacking at all, although it has been encouraged. If you have ever been to a coterie meeting you will know what I mean. These people are vital.

What they're saying is don't keep him just because of money.

So many people donate to the club and in large numbers. The majority don't ask for anything at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm 
formerly cj69

yibbida wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:
Yazzamatazz wrote:

So Ratts was going to be sacked after missing a prelim by 1 kick (and very dodgy umpiring)?

If that is true the non-football people should be the 1st to go (President, board etc) before they make decisions that will affect the long term interest of the club.

That was fairly well known at the time. An offer was put to Roos late last year. That's why Ratten's renewal took so long and only happened right at the end of the year.

Not unusual, Voss was offered the job prior to Ratten being originally appointed.

Brad Scott was appointed at North following Buckley knocking back the job.

Thats just the way it works. Personally, I think it is a good sign they are looking to improve.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:

All good and well if we want to run second.

ThePsychologist wrote:

I'd suggest with 3 flags in 5 years and significantly less funding, Geelongs football department shits all over Collingwoods so if that was Malthouses charter, he should be well down the list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

All good and well if we want to run second

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 pm 
formerly cj69

Blue Vain wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

ThePsychologist wrote:

I'd suggest with 3 flags in 5 years and significantly less funding, Geelongs football department shits all over Collingwoods so if that was Malthouses charter, he should be well down the list.

Well running second would still be an improvement. :?

Not sure if I would suggest that Geelongs "shits" all over Collingwoods but they are impressive. In the end they are both are lot better than ours.

Who in our football department has really achieve anything of significance in those areas????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 pm 
formerly cj69

Blue Vain wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

ThePsychologist wrote:

You tend to bag every opinion BV. Who do you think should do it because based on your reasoning Ratten isn't right either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

ThePsychologist wrote:

You tend to bag every opinion BV. Who do you think should do it because based on your reasoning Ratten isn't right either.

Nah, I dont bag every opinion but I wont blindly jump on the "Malthouse is God" bandwagon either.
As I've said all along, lets set a robust agenda for interviewing candidates and pick the best person available.
I dont know why that is so difficult.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 109  Next