Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 113  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:47 am 
Wayne Johnston

Maybe we should switch to a “Total football” system, it worked for Ted.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 am 
Geoff Southby

Total football..... :lol:

https://youtu.be/HqMNciLw2f8

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 am 
Wayne Johnston

Heavs wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Hornet wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Hardwick almost got the arse as well before winning flags didn't he?

Hardwick took Richmond to 3 consecutive finals losses prior to him almost losing his job at the end of 2016.
He then threw everything out the door and produced a totally new game plan which we know produced 3 flags

I still remember Lloyd reviewing an ess/rich game on the Sunday footy show around that time where he smugly claimed he had inside knowledge that bombers tactics were to allow the tigers to posses the ball, knowing they would turn it over eventually and play off that... even showed footage to prove his point.

That's where we are atm... everyone knows what we do and where we go... and we give the ball back

Thanks for that. Interesting take.

Did either of you see the VFL game? The Willy coach basically said the same thing in a Q time interview on the TV coverage "we knew how they were going to play so we set up to counter that and that's why we are where we are"

Yeah, I switched in the vfl game at the start of the third quarter and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. We kicked it long to the same defender in the same pocket about 7 times in a row. Just kick to kick basically. And even though all our forwards knew where we were going to kick it, and which defender was going to mark it, they could never manage to spoil him.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Did either of you see the VFL game? The Willy coach basically said the same thing in a Q time interview on the TV coverage "we knew how they were going to play so we set up to counter that and that's why we are where we are"

Yeah, I switched in the vfl game at the start of the third quarter and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. We kicked it long to the same defender in the same pocket about 7 times in a row. Just kick to kick basically. And even though all our forwards knew where we were going to kick it, and which defender was going to mark it, they could never manage to spoil him.

Nothing more and nothing less than insanely dumb coaching in VFL and AFL. Moore from Pies and Marty Hore from the Gulls say thank you for the easy marking practise.

Truly insane repeating something that doesnt work.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:02 am 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/37682123/afl-2023-debate-club-michael-voss-playing-group-more-blame-carlton-horror-six-weeks%3fplatform=amp

Interesting take.
I think most of us know we lack the depth and spread of the better teams above us.
I don't disagree that we are currently a mid tier team though as far as our list goes.
But that can be changed with 2 or 3 of the right mature players added to the team.
The question is do they want to come here the way we are playing.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/37682123/afl-2023-debate-club-michael-voss-playing-group-more-blame-carlton-horror-six-weeks%3fplatform=amp

Interesting take.
I think most of us know we lack the depth and spread of the better teams above us.
I don't disagree that we are currently a mid tier team though as far as our list goes.
But that can be changed with 2 or 3 of the right mature players added to the team.

Grigg went to Tigers. They were what seemed a basket case, but he was offered the coach's support and more game time.

Selling the dream.

Its not like we haven't got the main bits to turn our plight into a Premiership team.

Need a couple of the right targets and go to work on them. These things take time.

Next, development. What do we want out developing players to look like when they are the finished product? Get to work.

Weitering
Young
Pittonet
Cripps
McKay
Curnow

There's a spine. Whose the weakest link? But are they weak and can they play an important role?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:13 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Interesting take.

Grigg went to Tigers. They were what seemed a basket case, but he was offered the coach's support and more game time.

Selling the dream.

Its not like we haven't got the main bits to turn our plight into a Premiership team.

Need a couple of the right targets and go to work on them. These things take time.

Next, development. What do we want out developing players to look like when they are the finished product? Get to work.

Weitering
Young
Pittonet
Cripps
McKay
Curnow

There's a spine. Whose the weakest link? But are they weak and can they play an important role?

We might need to employ a used car salesman to sell the Carlton dream. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:29 am 
Bruce Doull

A nightmare is a kind of dream.....

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Interesting take.

Selling the dream.

Weitering
Young
Pittonet
Cripps
McKay
Curnow

We might need to employ a used car salesman to sell the Carlton dream. :lol:

A lot of 2nd hand cars are sold successfully every day

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:57 am 
Geoff Southby

Maybe we could just put a Facebook add in Buy/Swap/Sell then. :grin:

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

Get Leppetich in as an assistant ... NOW ... before he is gone.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Gone where? Leppitsch is at the pies

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Inn any case, if certain of our Board Members thought that Ross Lyon wasn’t suitably aligned with Carlton Respects values then they wouldn’t be particularly impressed with Leppitsch either.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sidefx wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Dimma as an assistant?

Thoughts?

yes please

extremely unlikely

X 3.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Inn any case, if certain of our Board Members thought that Ross Lyon wasn’t suitably aligned with Carlton Respects values then they wouldn’t be particularly impressed with Leppitsch either.

Also - two ranga's in a row? No wonder it feels like we have no soul anymore.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Also - two ranga's in a row? No wonder it feels like we have no soul anymore.
It's a winter sport. Not much sunshine. Speaking from experience

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:31 pm 
John Nicholls

Holy f*ck.

bluedog and bluehammer are different people

Better late than never I suppose

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 5:12 pm 
Bob Chitty

AGRO wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

my bad. i had it in my head that he was with the tigers

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

What would happen if we kept forwards "at home" and didnt push everyone right up the field?

What would the other team do if Mckay just stayed in the goal square and only led 30metres out in either direction and Durdin was to his right and Motlop to his left?

If Curnow only roamed 50 meter arc up to the centre square and had Kemp/JSOS floating around the 50 and another small/mid by his side?

Wings would have to run a lot up and down as would the midfield and we'd possibly be outnumbered in defence? or would we if we kept them home then other teams defenders would have to stay too?

Just pondering

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:
What would happen if we kept forwards "at home" and didnt push everyone right up the field?

What would the other team do if Mckay just stayed in the goal square and only led 30metres out in either direction and Durdin was to his right and Motlop to his left?

If Curnow only roamed 50 meter arc up to the centre square and had Kemp/JSOS floating around the 50 and another small/mid by his side?

Wings would have to run a lot up and down as would the midfield and we'd possibly be outnumbered in defence? or would we if we kept them home then other teams defenders would have to stay too?

Just pondering

Your looking for answers that aren’t there
We aren’t good enough
But Voss needs to experiment
Charlie is clearly our best player
Play him as a mid
Has the tank
And my gut feeling is McKay would play better as the number one key forward

But Voss needs to go past Mc Govern JOS Acres Pittonet Boyd
Play Kemp Binns Cowan TDKCincotta
Make a statement about the future
Play Cripps forward Saad wing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 113  Next