Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Ty Vickery one from last year on Cox is probably the best indicator for sentence.

If they deem it severe or high impact, given that Chapman went off for a concussion test, it will go straight to the tribunal. Vickery ended up with 4 weeks. Having said that, Cox was out for the rest of the game being knocked out, which would factor into the decision.

If they can argue medium impact, it's automatically a 3 week ban offered with 2 for an early plea.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Am I the only one who feels we got a look in during the last because of their fitness levels and our -mostly - listless running in the previous three quarters?

Man on man footy outside of forward targets and stoppages is dead because it's an easy tactic to circumvent in a professional environment.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

I reckon we got a run on because tagger (Curnow) was subbed out & it looked like carrots was freed up a bit too. Byrne's run helped too.

Replace Ed with Whiley who showed he has more of an outside game that I thought in the VFL.

Boekhorst as sub.

Just for once try to run a team off their feet. Especially stk who looked stuffed on Friday night.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:49 pm 
Bert Deacon

watching this was are carbon copy of tigers,eagles games the opp just spread and run and we can not go with them.In the last quater we mananage to look respectful because ess got tired it is so simple .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:09 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

pew1 wrote:
watching this was are carbon copy of tigers,eagles games the opp just spread and run and we can not go with them.In the last quater we mananage to look respectful because ess got tired it is so simple .

Opposition just wait for us to turn it over; they regroup at their D50 and beat us on the spread. No forward pressure for us and their forward entries are better. Anyone thinking we lost the game from bad kicking for goal is missing the point - their forward entries are better constructed so they can maximise scoring from them.

I think Hird just sat back and waited for our up & unders to fail. Appalling CHF line.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

with yarran and murphy up front we did have a little more defensive pressure in our front 50. we managed to stall Essendon*, so they weren't walking through us to the extent WCE were ...

it's still a problem. the kind of problem a slow footed ellard can't fix, but surely Buckley (or byrne) can?

our lack of composure entering the forward 50 – just the long blind bomb, is the biggest problem right now. we're light on quality forwards, and we make it impossible for them to get near it because we don't lower our eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sorry I meant our defensive targets for the opposition's forward line. The dangerous types who need to be minded because they tend to hover around goal.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluegirl72 wrote:
If we freed our senior citizen carrots from tagging, and used him in a different way..say small crumbing forward
is that a scenario that has any merit footy heads?
(yeah, I know we need a gazillion taggers according to Malty,but hey...if we didn't..)

just a thought.

Murphy should be played as a permanent small forward. He is too much of a defensive liability in the midfield.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
mostly they all run in circles because there is nobody ahead of them to kick to, thanks to micks mighty game plan

Couldnt have put it better myself

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

usually what happens if you have an inferior midfield... is youre going to find numbers getting around the ball... because thats how you stem the tide...

so of course if the numbers get around the ball ...you wont maintain a structure...

simple

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ando the Wonderkid wrote:
pew1 wrote:

Opposition just wait for us to turn it over; they regroup at their D50 and beat us on the spread. No forward pressure for us and their forward entries are better. Anyone thinking we lost the game from bad kicking for goal is missing the point - their forward entries are better constructed so they can maximise scoring from them.

I think Hird just sat back and waited for our up & unders to fail. Appalling CHF line.

Yep sums it up...except I'd add ...going into our forward 50 IS TURNING IT OVER. OPPOSITION DONT HAVE TO WAIT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

billc3 wrote:
Ando the Wonderkid wrote:
pew1 wrote:

Yep sums it up...except I'd add ...going into our forward 50 IS TURNING IT OVER. OPPOSITION DONT HAVE TO WAIT

yeah because to get the ball... u have all your numbers around the ball....

so we win contested clearance... from sheer weight of numbers... and then there is nowhere to go

the trick is winning it in dispute and then maintaining possession in modern footy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Beatle wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
mostly they all run in circles because there is nobody ahead of them to kick to, thanks to micks mighty game plan

Couldnt have put it better myself

What's the excuse when we don't have the ball?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

NavyIrish wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Geez there were a lot of empty seats in the Carlton bays of the southern stand...depressing.

Thought that also, was there anyone in the heatley stand section yesterday? Round 3, our 2nd home game of the season against a hated rival & we can't crack a crowd of 60k even!

I know lots of Carlton supporters like me who made the decision not to attend a game we play against drug cheats when the insufficient evidence verdict was announced.

Sad but true

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
NavyIrish wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Geez there were a lot of empty seats in the Carlton bays of the southern stand...depressing.

Thought that also, was there anyone in the heatley stand section yesterday? Round 3, our 2nd home game of the season against a hated rival & we can't crack a crowd of 60k even!

I know lots of Carlton supporters like me who made the decision not to attend a game we play against drug cheats when the insufficient evidence verdict was announced.

Sad but true

This point was conveniently overlooked by the 3AW pre-game show, who were completely "baffled" why the crowd was so low given the AFL's "efforts" to make the game more "fan friendly".

They couldn't understand why the cheaper food, better pre-game entertainment, a fan friendlier game start time didn't result n a full house at the MCG on Saturday.

Of course the "Good Ole Boys" made no mention of fan disenchantment as a result of Essendon* being allowed to get away with flagrant performance enhancing drug doping.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:13 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
NavyIrish wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Sad but true

This point was conveniently overlooked by the 3AW pre-game show, who were completely "baffled" why the crowd was so low given the AFL's "efforts" to make the game more "fan friendly".

They couldn't understand why the cheaper food, better pre-game entertainment, a fan friendlier game start time didn't result n a full house at the MCG on Saturday.

Of course the "Good Ole Boys" made no mention of fan disenchantment as a result of Essendon** being allowed to get away with flagrant performance enhancing drug doping.

My apologies, totally agree with those who stayed away yesterday on account of the opposition.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

I lasted a half.

I really regret giving them an extra person to add on to the attendance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

NavyIrish wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
NavyIrish wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Sad but true

Of course the "Good Ole Boys" made no mention of fan disenchantment as a result of Essendon*** being allowed to get away with flagrant performance enhancing drug doping.

My apologies, totally agree with those who stayed away yesterday on account of the opposition.

You've got nothing to apologise about.

It's Essendon*, the AFL and the AFL Good Ole Boys Apologist Media network, who are a pack of C#%?$ and owe the sporting world an apology.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:23 am 
Trevor Keogh

AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
NavyIrish wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Sad but true

Of course the "Good Ole Boys" made no mention of fan disenchantment as a result of Essendon** being allowed to get away with flagrant performance enhancing drug doping.

That was my silent protest, though the AFL don't give a stuff. Went to watch my daughter play netball, and didn't even watch the rest of the game on tv. Actually, I don't even know what the score is .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:48 am 
Bruce Comben

emtwenty wrote:
effort good. skills bad. only way to fix that is to rebuild. so embrace the rebuild.

casey was great when he came on.

murph is a shell of his former self.

not making Simmo captain was the worst decision ever

boys looked a whole lot better when we subbed curnow. replace with Whiley next week.

forward line is a shambles but tex makes us look slightly better

our senior players are all out of form bar 1 or 2

crippa is a beast

couldn't give a stuff that Yazz clocked that twit chapman...just wish he didn't let it affect the rest of his game

I was going to post something of my own but this sums my feelings up perfectly. Well said emtwenty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next