Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2024
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

DesEnglish wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Tomlinson used to be a flying winger, didn't he? But also, you know, tore an ACL and has only played a handful of senior games since. Pass.

Didn’t know he did an ACL, if he does his hammy three times before the end of the season would you reconsider?

Not sure about that :) but here's some good news: he came back from his ACL rupture in only 318 days. That's about 47 days earlier than one might expect... 48 on a leap year! With powers of recovery like these, we'd be mad not to sign him.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/108 ... -hub-rehab

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

I like Jack Carroll, but… if list spots are so tight, I could get behind the idea of trading him to Freo (for example), in return for some draft capital.

Obviously, we don’t want to be using our first pick on a Camporeale, but we also can’t be getting carried away with the idea that we’ll land another player before the twins. At least, not until a spot opens up.

There are seven players on the primary list without a deal for next season.

E.Hollands, Fogarty & Owies will get deals done. Owies’ value has taken a hit since Williams has gone forward. But, he’s daylight ahead of the other smalls that have contracts.

Marchbank & Cuningham need a miracle. Martin too - especially if the Williams move continues to pay off.

Jack Carroll needs a home where he can be a defensive rebounder that can pinch hit in the middle. Cripps, Hewett & Kennedy might be getting on, but they’re still 4-5 years away from the end.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
I like Jack Carroll, but… if list spots are so tight, I could get behind the idea of trading him to Freo (for example), in return for some draft capital.

Obviously, we don’t want to be using our first pick on a Camporeale, but we also can’t be getting carried away with the idea that we’ll land another player before the twins. At least, not until a spot opens up.

E.Hollands, Fogarty & Owies will get deals done. Owies’ value has taken a hit since Williams has gone forward. But, he’s daylight ahead of the other smalls that have contracts.

Marchbank & Cuningham need a miracle. Martin too - especially if the Williams move continues to pay off.

Jack Carroll needs a home where he can be a defensive rebounder that can pinch hit in the middle. Cripps, Hewett & Kennedy might be getting on, but they’re still 4-5 years away from the end.

I like Jack Carroll too - I think he’s still a WIP - he can serve a bit of an apprenticeship (similar to Mitch Duncan did at Geelong - before he established himself in the senior team.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
Jack Carroll needs a home where he can be a defensive rebounder that can pinch hit in the middle.

I can't see Carroll getting a gig anywhere as a defensive rebounder. His skills are well short of the mark. He needs to improve his ball winning and make it as an inside mid or a tagger, otherwise he's gone IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:47 am 
Geoff Southby

Trade bait???
What's he worth?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 1:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Unless I’ve missed something obvious, the 2025 rookie list will be:

Cat. A
Cincotta - Final year
O’Keeffe - Final year
M.Carroll - 2nd year
Lord - 1st year

Cat. B - International
Monahan - 2nd year
Duffy - 1st year

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 2:30 pm 
Garry Crane

trade owies if we get a deal that we like ,no hesitation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 2:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

4th round pick swap it is!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 5:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

GreatEx wrote:

What price a small forward that isn’t quick or evasive & can’t crumb?

Hat tip to Corey Durdin’s management. Got the job done before Williams presented as a live option.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

What price a small forward that isn’t quick or evasive & can’t crumb?

Hat tip to Corey Durdin’s management. Got the job done before Williams presented as a live option.

:donk:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:15 pm 
Garry Crane

after watching the ressies there is not much to get excited about unfortunately

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
Crusader wrote:

I like Jack Carroll too - I think he’s still a WIP - he can serve a bit of an apprenticeship (similar to Mitch Duncan did at Geelong - before he established himself in the senior team.

Well said Argo. Problem is our supporters can’t be patient for kids to develop. Granted our developement has been embarrassing the last few years but we need to learn to develop and give kids time. Sydney and Geelong are the clubs we need to learn from when in comes to kid development.

As for some others mentioned in here, you can’t beat TALENT. People wanted Williams delisted just 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:06 pm 
Garry Crane

austin recruit some1 with pace breakaway speed ,just watch F.../.....k swans i cant find a slow mid , hollands E is ok but 1 paced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

jpulice1969 wrote:
after watching the ressies there is not much to get excited about unfortunately

Sorry but I can't see any difference in your before and after....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:17 pm 
Garry Crane

hey dannyboy just tell me 1 player that is playing really well /standout from our reserves ,yes i know Binns but he needs to find about 5 kg of muscle . so is there anyone we could bring into senior side ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

we brought Cincotta in already
we brought Fog in (remember when some had him as a poor preservers player) - no afl traits or some such)
brought in Cowan
could play Binns again

Martin, Marchbank, Motlop, Cunningham, Fantasia, Young and Pitto will/have played games
Durdin/Wilson may get a game if we need them. - there's thirteen. I'm happy with that.

Plus the irish lad and Moir developing and now Lord (when he is fit) developing.

Doc, Sos and M. Caroll can't be considered yet.

Post subject: List Management 2024
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:49 pm 
Trevor Keogh

keogh wrote:
Crusader wrote:
keogh wrote:
I’ve been watching Legends of the jumper punch and the interview with Shane Robertson was a ripper.
Robertson has been coaching in the Central Highlands league for 30 years and in his time has not seen one AFL recruiter watch a game
He reckons that many footballers he has coached and seen could of played AFL

So with that in mind why is it that AFL clubs not pay someone like Robertson who has now retired from coaching 10 grand some petrol money to watch games in that league report back to Carlton’s recruitment team in July and have one of them come and watch some earmarked players

Probably because Robbo is a lunatic & the first time he gets told ‘thanks, but no thanks’ he would be shopping all of that bought IP to the rest of the comp.

At least he doesn’t live behind a mask like many in the AFL system
He admits in the interview he has [REDACTED] up

Here is the point you conveniently ignored
There are probably one hundred footballers in country and metropolitan leagues in their early 20’s who would be better than Fantasia
Williams ain’t far behind
I’be said for years they recruiters should value every spot on a list
Case in point we have 2 starting small forwards out for extended periods so Fantasia gets a game
He is done should be retired from the AFL system

Fantasia: hard agreement.

Williams; you’d probably want to take that kick again in hind sight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:53 pm 
Trevor Keogh

CK95 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
Given he can’t get a game at the Bulldogs, would Lobb be a decent option?

Offers a lot more forward than Pittonet. We could run he and TDK without losing forward presence

He's on big coin

My trauma therapist would be on big coin if we recruited Lobb

:cry-laugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:06 pm 
Trevor Keogh

jpulice1969 wrote:
E hollands another 1 pace mid

another day. another armchair critic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next