Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:44 am 
Ken Hunter

Navy One wrote:
The papers went with "a new tag nemesis has emerged"

Fair enough he's hugging Walsh as if he was practicing for his first formal

I don’t understand how our club doesn’t raise this every week. I would hate to think if we were to try and hold (like Walsh last night) or shepherd (Cripps), how many times would we get pinged? The Scott’s or Clarko or Hardwick would be having Laura Kaines drives and discussions daily……….….speaking of which, dear god……

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:59 am 
Rod Ashman

We have lots of work to do but I think most of it is in our minds and second most is with fitness.
You take 9-10 first 22 players out of any team and I have no doubt they would be doing worse than we are.
I think that after a month of playing the top teams, plus our injury list, when Weitering went down it was the straw that broke the camels back, both mentally and talent-wise.
Just too many of our first team off the park, and just too many knocks to the gut.
It is way too early to write us off from the premiership race.

I am sure that the club is working on improving the quality and resilience of the playing stock (like the Swans did over summer bringing in Grundy, Jordan and Adams).
But there is still a long way to go this season as we’ve showed that our best is as good as anyone - we have to crack that nut which is playing our best for longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:43 pm 
Garry Crane

happening for years our team is to SLOW there is no quick ball movement just u12 footy boot the ball ,if only E hollands and caroll had speed acceleration but they are much same. i am afraid that winning those close games was covering up the problem .

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

kingkerna wrote:
Suggesting Cripps has been quiet for 3 weeks is foolish.
Had 35 touches against Melbourne

yeah fair point. dees he was good. pies, crows, cats and swans he was poor (by his standards)

cats gave the template to beat our stoppage game. tag walsh. apparently, that's it!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Interesting that we were 4-0 without Walsh and 2-4 with him. He's been brilliant, but have we become too predictable in our method since he returned? Should we be rotating him through the wings and hf/hb flanks more? Or is it all about The Fog?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
Carlton should envy two things about Sydney.
(1) Player availability. They’ve had 17 players play ever game this season. They’ve got the luxury of picking very close to their best team and playing a guy like Parker in the twos. We’re 10+ on the injury list every week, without fail.
(2) Speed. Warner embarrassed us. Lizard too quick for us too. How many times were these blokes running away from multiple Carlton players? Austin needs to find some quick players in the off season. It also doesn’t help when our fastest player in Saad is out plus Cottrell our best runner and Cerra one of only two mids who can move quicker than a glacial pace, but that leads us back to point 1.

If you look closely at Warner in the last (I think it was) he was running away from a few players and laughing at them
:cry: :banghead: :mad:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:25 pm 
Wayne Johnston

GreatEx wrote:
Interesting that we were 4-0 without Walsh and 2-4 with him. He's been brilliant, but have we become too predictable in our method since he returned? Should we be rotating him through the wings and hf/hb flanks more? Or is it all about The Fog?

We played pretty crap against Richmond and North. I think that 4-0 wasn't a real 4-0. Would have won them two by more if we had Walsh and lost all the other 6 without Walsh.

Id be looking at the two rucks and loss of run with injured players as a reason for our crap last 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Our team hasn't got any urgency.
Mosey on to the mark, the player with the ball, the next in line.
Slack team starting with curnow and the small forward line

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GreatEx wrote:
Good news, last time Swans won 9 of first 10 was in 1945, and we all know what happened that year :fight: :fight: :fight:
I won't head to Japan any time soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:42 pm 
Wayne Johnston

A lot of talk about our lack of pace and slow midfield but that’s irrelevant to what happened. The swans players were just harder at the ball and first to the ball on the inside. Everything flowed from there.

The Carlton players simply weren’t committed enough, and because they were second to the ball they constantly gave away frees and became tentative. To the extent that by the middle of the third quarter the awns players became overconfident and arrogant and started running through the Carlton players, they just ran where they wanted whether or not there was a Carlton player in front of them or not. And we let them, it was pathetic to see.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm going straight to hell for laughing bluehammer :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

The tackling was pretty much non existent ...... Look how lily white these Swan jumpers were? We're talking end of the 3rd quarter.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 4:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Good job shotgunning him in the solar plexus though

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

sinbagger wrote:
A lot of talk about our lack of pace and slow midfield but that’s irrelevant to what happened. The swans players were just harder at the ball and first to the ball on the inside. Everything flowed from there.

The Carlton players simply weren’t committed enough, and because they were second to the ball they constantly gave away frees and became tentative. To the extent that by the middle of the third quarter the awns players became overconfident and arrogant and started running through the Carlton players, they just ran where they wanted whether or not there was a Carlton player in front of them or not. And we let them, it was pathetic to see.

It was embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

Braithy wrote:
Like someone said earlier, our list very one dimensional. tall, slow, physical players are voss' choice and 1-wood. and when they're not very physical you get last night - can't tackle, and elite, fast teams will tear us to shreds every time.

for the love of god, stop with 2 rucks/ 3 key forwards. it does not work, you cannot create pressure and F50 turnover. TDK was invisible, and pitto was mauled in the ruck by grundy. walsh couldn't break his tag and that was game over. cripps has been invisible for 3 weeks now, not sure how injured he is, but surely he has to be.

speaking of injuries ... walsh looked really hobbled by the end of the game last night, and he usually breaks through tags without skipping a beat. if the club announces he's done his back again, i don't think it's hyperbole to call our season shot. i guess we wait until tuesday.

new baby blues? lack of real sleep?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1131785/match-review-warner-learns-fate-for-pittonet-hit

Quote:
CHAD Warner has been slapped with a fine for striking Carlton's Marc Pittonet

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluedog wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1131785/match-review-warner-learns-fate-for-pittonet-hit

Quote:
CHAD Warner has been slapped with a fine for striking Carlton's Marc Pittonet

Sounds right, a hard tackle you get three weeks, an elbow to the face you get a fine.
I'm surprised pittonet didn't get sent straight to the tribunal for trying to bite his arm :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the Fogarty and Warner incidents? Aside from Fog getting a long term injury, I mean.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bender wrote:
i just think we started to protect the lead a bit too early....

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
Can anyone explain to me the difference between the Fogarty and Warner incidents? Aside from Fog getting a long term injury, I mean.

Well, one plays for Sydney and the media weren't interested in crucifying him

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next