Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:
It was interesting following the pressure ratings. We spent much of the game going at just 160s (Afl average 180). We would suddenly jump to over 200 once we fell 3 to 4 goals behind. Similar last week against GWS. Spent much of the game in the 150s except when we were 20pts behind. Mid 3rd qtr, when 20pts down, we took it to 240 and it stayed there. GWS didn't have any answers and we crushed in under 10 minutes. Geelong struggled with it when we lifted the rating but once within a goal it dropped back.

it's a great point Jim. then look at our pressure ratings when we use a smaller team. It's consistently around 180-190.

i don't think those ratings spikes we have with two rucks, are sustainable for 4-quarters?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Braithy wrote:
jim wrote:
It was interesting following the pressure ratings. We spent much of the game going at just 160s (Afl average 180). We would suddenly jump to over 200 once we fell 3 to 4 goals behind. Similar last week against GWS. Spent much of the game in the 150s except when we were 20pts behind. Mid 3rd qtr, when 20pts down, we took it to 240 and it stayed there. GWS didn't have any answers and we crushed in under 10 minutes. Geelong struggled with it when we lifted the rating but once within a goal it dropped back.

it's a great point Jim. then look at our pressure ratings when we use a smaller team. It's consistently around 180-190.

i don't think those ratings spikes we have with two rucks, are sustainable for 4-quarters?

But those lows can be higher for 4 qtrs as they are well below average.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Braithy wrote:
. giving up 15, 16 & 15 (our last 3 matches) goals a game won't win a gf, no team ever has won a flag like that, and i don't think a team ever will tbh ... .

No one tell braithy we gave up 18 goals yesterday...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

I ll continue to laugh at supporters umpire bashing
There were only 24 frees payed for the game
We won 14 of them
Geelong missed a few as well they should of got
It’s called deflection
We lost because we had more non-contributors than they had
They had the most influential player on the ground in Cameron
And their efforts inside 50 was terrific with Hawkins having a shocker
62% efficiency is bloody good
Reading some of these posts it’s pathetic
Anyway plenty to work on
We are travelling ok but our defence needs tightening up and our small forwards need to do a lot more
Hopefully Motlop is back soon
Martin my whipping boy would be handy down there as well
Can’t believe I just said that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sidefx wrote:
I think this game again showed our lack of speed and skills through the middle, even if we added just 1 quick wing and 1 quick mid the difference would be huge to our turnover game and stopping teams like them.

I agree with this. We're generally on the slower side compared to most opposition teams we play. But with a few of our quicker players missing, it means we're pretty easily exposed on the rebound. Add Saad and McGovern in the backline. And either Cuningham or Martin forward. And replace Kennedy with Cerra who's a little quicker and better defensively. And then we're far less vulnerable.

And if we go with only one ruckman, then that also helps. Although I think we'll play both ruckmen at least until our injury list thins out a little.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

Stefchook wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
I think this game again showed our lack of speed and skills through the middle, even if we added just 1 quick wing and 1 quick mid the difference would be huge to our turnover game and stopping teams like them.

I agree with this. We're generally on the slower side compared to most opposition teams we play. But with a few of our quicker players missing, it means we're pretty easily exposed on the rebound. Add Saad and McGovern in the backline. And either Cuningham or Martin forward. And replace Kennedy with Cerra who's a little quicker and better defensively. And then we're far less vulnerable.

And if we go with only one ruckman, then that also helps. Although I think we'll play both ruckmen at least until our injury list thins out a little.

Yep, all handy additions and would change our structure and game dramatically.

When we have a near healthy list, I'd like to see a little more team selection based on the opposition rather than rewarding players because we won.
And that means sometimes 2 rucks might be the go and other times it might mean we stack more speed etc.
It'd be refreshing.
I still trust Voss in the end though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

When we have a near healthy list, I'd like to see a little more team selection based on the opposition rather than rewarding players because we won.
And that means sometimes 2 rucks might be the go and other times it might mean we stack more speed etc.
It'd be refreshing.
Don't think for 1 minute we will get these players back and have a healthy list to choose from and happy days.
Chances are we will get 3 to 4 players back and another 3 to 4 will go down.

We either have a terrible strength and conditioning program or we recruit players who are not up to the rigorous level they need to be to play AFL.

I nearly vomit every time we draft or recruit a player that has struggled to play every game that year.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

It'd be refreshing.
Don't think for 1 minute we will get these players back and have a healthy list to choose from and happy days.
Chances are we will get 3 to 4 players back and another 3 to 4 will go down.

We either have a terrible strength and conditioning program or we recruit players who are not up to the rigorous level they need to be to play AFL.

I nearly vomit every time we draft or recruit a player that has struggled to play every game that year.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

I agree Syd, but hope we don't and we get a good run for the rest of the year.
I think the highlighted part is more the reality though and expecting a fully fit team is like rolling dice.
But we have to live in hope.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Touhy can do whatever he wants but his celebration after his first goal really shat me. Remember where you got your start pal.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

Can’t blame him. We low balled him. Just like Kennedy. Need to remember, neither wanted to go.
It hurts to be thrown out from a club you are entrenched in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Touhy can do whatever he wants but his celebration after his first goal really shat me. Remember where you got your start pal.

Can’t blame him. We low balled him. Just like Kennedy. Need to remember, neither wanted to go.

Yes , what monumental blunders .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Fair enough. I was emotional about the game when I posted that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:

I reckon it's a bit from column A a bit from column B.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Yes , what monumental blunders .

Same with Betts.
But I don't agree with Kennedy.......Chris Judd at the time, any day for me......imagine if he had played until 2019 like Hodge did, who knows what could've happened.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm 
Robert Walls

SurreyBlue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Didn’t MM low ball him to get Daisy to the club?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

7 years ago, the architects behind it are mostly gone from Carlton, and he's a premiership player because of it.
Calm down Zac.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 pm 
Robert Walls

[youtube][/youtube]
AGRO wrote:
Apparently Owies was crook during the week, definitely showed with his contribution yesterday.

If that's the case, should've been sub and played Binns from the start

Other roles and positions can be shuffled/rotated

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 pm 
Robert Walls

Our biggest problem is the lack of defensive intent inside our F50

The ease and speed with which the ball is taken away all the flowering time completely throws out our defensive formation up the ground...and the coast to coast nightmare begins

Keep the ball I50 a little longer and chaos ensues, scoring opportunities are created, opp players are sucked into our F50 to help out rather than setting up for the predictable exit kick

Team defence starts from our goal line, not from behind the centre square

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Juanita Jones wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Didn’t MM low ball him to get Daisy to the club?

Betts. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:

The ease and speed with which the ball is taken away all the flowering time completely throws out our defensive formation up the ground...and the coast to coast nightmare begins

Keep the ball I50 a little longer and chaos ensues, scoring opportunities are created, opp players are sucked into our F50 to help out rather than setting up for the predictable exit kick

Yeah , that's spot on 99 . Bit rich of our supporters bagging our backline yesterday when the problems started way down the field . Impossible for our backline at times with those lightening fast breaks started from our forward line .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:

Yeah , that's spot on 99 . Bit rich of our supporters bagging our backline yesterday when the problems started way down the field . Impossible for our backline at times with those lightening fast breaks started from our forward line .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next