Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Went to the game.
We lost it in the 1st quarter when we had so much of it and were so inaccurate.
Very frustrating to watch as we could have won it even though we didn't play that well.
I hate Geelong, why can't they miss easy goals like we do?
Our skills were down today and turned it over way too much.
Those stupid umpires. Zac Williams has his head almost taken off by the Geelong player who ran past him. 4 umpires on the ground and not one of them saw it. So instead of our free Geelong kicks a goal.
Durdin missing that easy shot from 25 metres dead in front was the killer.
Only positive was that I don't think we got any injuries.
Goal kicking practice at training this week please.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

MVP: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38052

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:
We scored over 100 even with the innacuracy, half our backline out and awful umpires, we'll be fine, no fear against anyone
Yeah I'm with you there kk.

Pretty bouyant even though losing ain't fun.

That's 3 weeks in a row the oppo has moved the ball from defence to attack with ease, proving right the posters who warned the loss of Fogarty would kill us.

I liked Kennedy's game, thought he & Pitto & the other mids looked like we did in 22 when we were killing it out of the middle.

The defence had a pretty dirty day apart from weiters but let's face it that's not our ideal back 7.

88k absolutely fantastic crowd. I underestimated what they'd get by about 20k. Was it mostly us? I couldn't go.

Acres the ultimate big moment player with those 2 at the end, just vintage by him

Lots to like.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 pm 
John James

Lucky wrote:
We kicked ourselves out of it. The umpiring was shit even worse than usual. But at the end of the day our inaccuracy in front of goal was the biggest culprit. Geelong shouldn't feel to great about beating a depleted Carlton team by only 13 points with an armchair ride from the umpires.

Simple. Concise. Accurate.

We're just warming up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 pm 
Bob Chitty

Terrible defensively. Geelong preyed on the turnover, which came regularly, and then walked the ball end to end.
Terrible goal kicking.
Outcoached. Was at the game, Geelong gave us an extra at the stoppage by putting their extra behind the ball. We bombed it long to their outnumber and then they burnt us with ease the other way.
Double digit injury list catching up to us.
In isolation this is a frustrating loss but it’s the Adelaide game that will cost us when the ladder is finalised after the last round.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
We scored over 100 even with the innacuracy, half our backline out and awful umpires, we'll be fine, no fear against anyone

That's 3 weeks in a row the oppo has moved the ball from defence to attack with ease, proving right the posters who warned the loss of Fogarty would kill us.

I liked Kennedy's game, thought he & Pitto & the other mids looked like we did in 22 when we were killing it out of the middle.

The defence had a pretty dirty day apart from weiters but let's face it that's not our ideal back 7.

88k absolutely fantastic crowd. I underestimated what they'd get by about 20k. Was it mostly us? I couldn't go.

Acres the ultimate big moment player with those 2 at the end, just vintage by him

Lots to like.

Just under 88k, their highest ever home H&A game attendance and they're still whinging about not playing more games at the litter tray.

And yes, vastly more Carlton crowd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

I had the volume down on the tv, seriously thought Williams had done the Achilles again when he went to ground

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Heavs wrote:
79Vintage wrote:
Bad kicking is bad football, we only have ourselves to blame. Having said that the umpires were very poor.

It was one of those ones where it seems every 50/50 went against us but pretty sure we probably ended up positive differential so we just have to eat shit apparently

It’s the ones the weren’t paid. Geelong players constantly dropping the ball and getting called play on. TDK getting his head taken off in a marking contest and called play on. Henry blatantly pushing young in the back when went up for a mark and getting a goal out of it. The deliberate that was soccered directly at the boundary and called for a throw in spring to mind. The rubbish 50m against Harry when he was nowhere near the mark. These aren’t represented in the free kick count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

CK95 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Lots to like.

Vossy is filthy with the performance, especially defensively. Not a happy man knows the Presser.

Tipping it won't happen a 4th week in a row.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The carry on from Geelong fans after the game was @#$%&! irritating. They beat half a team of our reserves by 2 kicks and were on the right end of every decision, dump kick and dodgy bounce for the whole game.

Our goal kicking was frustrating in the 1st and last quarter. Missed some real key shots. Durdin and TDK as mentioned. They had mates though.

BTW, Cazzesman, I feel you owe us all an apology :donk: . As soon as you mentioned that you had an affiliation to one of the umpires, it was always going to happen. There were some horrible decisions out there tonight. The illegal disposal when tackled was outrageous from Geelong. Time and again they just dropped it cold and never got one for it. Weiters 50 m penalty was lucky to be 40. The not 15 for Cripps to mark inside 50. The 50m penalty to Cripps/ McKay. The smack across the chops to Williams. The blatant push in the back from Henry to mark on the line. The kick at the boundary line called a throw in. It just went on all night. Led by that cheat Nicholls

All in all, we take plenty away. Annoyed at one that we let slip. But woulda, coulda, shoulda. In the end, we blame ourselves for poor goal kicking and move on to the pies. Hopefully, we start getting some players back now

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Thats the very very best Geelong have got.

We have so much more upside.

We win June 21 when we meet again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Touhy can do whatever he wants but his celebration after his first goal really shat me. Remember where you got your start pal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
Heavs wrote:
79Vintage wrote:
Bad kicking is bad football, we only have ourselves to blame. Having said that the umpires were very poor.

It was one of those ones where it seems every 50/50 went against us but pretty sure we probably ended up positive differential so we just have to eat shit apparently

It’s the ones the weren’t paid. Geelong players constantly dropping the ball and getting called play on. TDK getting his head taken off in a marking contest and called play on. Henry blatantly pushing young in the back when went up for a mark and getting a goal out of it. The deliberate that was soccered directly at the boundary and called for a throw in spring to mind. The rubbish 50m against Harry when he was nowhere near the mark. These aren’t represented in the free kick count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tonight was one of the worst cases of that .... added to our atrocious kicking it cost us dearly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Had family over immediately after the game. Sad to say I wasn’t the best company.

Putting aside the reaming we got from the umps, we simply have to fix our method going forward and F50 entries. Still way too much bombing to Charlie (and to a lesser extent Harry) outnumbered. Oppo know where the ball is going and we continually oblige time and time again. Just so dumb.

Poor conversion today but we don’t get enough scoreboard pressure for the dominance we had. We had 20 more I50s but were behind on the scoreboard all day.

Got smashed in transition. Our defensive structure was shithouse and our back 6 other than Weiters were horrible. Thought Williams had an absolute mare and was a major liability today.

Just watched the Voss presser and he is pissed. Said we failed our own standards and the performance was unacceptable. Hope he ripped them a new one in the rooms.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

I am Surprised no one mentioned in their Con's how Awful Lewis Young was tonight!!

Is this guy even an AFL Player or even an athlete? He looks like a School kid, plays like a School kid and has a Body that is fit for Gymnastics... What a Shocker... He got smashed early by Cameron, then got moved to someone else and whoever played on him Smashed him!

He can't even mark the ball or go for a contested Mark Situation. Always chooses to punch away, even when there is no one near him! and Cost us dearly tonight with his shocking Disposals. He needs to be delisted ASAP

Just before the End of Q3, we were only 4 points Down and Williams was put down illegally, Yet the Empires thought nothing wrong with it. They kicked a Goal and I thought surely we are going to run them off their Feet given their previous slog and Dangerfield going off, Yet they found another Gear!

Those Carlton Supports who kept arguing with me that Geelong is not the Real Deal, your kidding yourselves! They rarely miss set shots and always tend to find targets inside 50, even when Hawkins is OFF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:12 am 
Robert Walls

Double post

Last edited by Juanita Jones on Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 am 
Robert Walls

Looking at the stats the combined tackle count between Owies and Durdin was 3. It was 3 tackles between them and 0.

Explains why the ball flew back out so easily from our F50. Zero accountability from both of them. Ordinary players playing like Millionaires.

Last edited by Juanita Jones on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:19 am 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
Terrible defensively. Geelong preyed on the turnover, which came regularly, and then walked the ball end to end.
Terrible goal kicking.
Outcoached. Was at the game, Geelong gave us an extra at the stoppage by putting their extra behind the ball. We bombed it long to their outnumber and then they burnt us with ease the other way.
Double digit injury list catching up to us.
In isolation this is a frustrating loss but it’s the Adelaide game that will cost us when the ladder is finalised after the last round.

I thought exactly the same thing about the Adelaide game costing us, but in reality if it gets to the stage where the Adelaide loss may cost us, then we have already screwed the season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 am 
Garry Crane

Juanita Jones wrote:
Looking at the stats the combined tackle count between Owies and Durdin was 0

Explains why the ball flew back out so easily from our F50. Zero accountability from both of them. Ordinary players playing like Millionaires.

Definitely not good enough. With all the talk of our injuries the one player who I think we miss the most is Motlop. When we were flying late last season it was he (and Martin) who was the secret sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

yeah, forward pressure didn't exist, and really it hasn't since fog went down. amazing how much one guy can influence one part of the ground, and none of what he does comes up on stat sheets.

i really don't like either of them, durdin and owies. it's the one area where we really need (and have needed to, imo since garlett left) a craft small forward who runs and tackles.

he's a goose, but i wish we got ginni from the pies. his forward craft at the feet of charlie and H would really put us over the top in attack. and he'll do all the dirty stuff when the ball is exiting. owies i think would like to do this, but is too slow and has no game iq to anticipate where the ball is exiting from. and durdin just isn't up to it, imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next