Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:39 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 14311
Location: Melbourne
Surely we get an A+ this year for our drafting :thumbsup: :cry:

Us and the Bombers, obviously :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

_________________
Ricky Gervais - “Everyone has the right to hold whatever beliefs they want. And everyone else has the right to find those beliefs f***ing ridiculous.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:47 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Posts: 6895
Are we done?

_________________
“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ― Richard Feynman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:50 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 5639
Not a bad couple of players.
Can kick the footy = tick
Have speed = tick
Good decision making = tick

That defiantly fills some holes in the list, I just hope they get rotated through the middle to inject some speed when needed, inside and out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:06 pm 
Offline
formerly Fevola

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 4454
I feel we needed a key back. Cause if Weitering gets injured, we really dont have much cover. Weitering cannot be replaced i understand that, but would have loved an athletic tall as a backup. This year was the year for bigs. Next year we take the Camporeales and they are runners too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:08 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 47845
Location: Prison Island
The 2 we have picked look pretty exciting.

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:13 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 20546
Location: North of the border
Cazzesman wrote:
Surely we get an A+ this year for our drafting :thumbsup: :cry:

Us and the Bombers, obviously :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman
It has 2016 written all over it.
2 Irish lads one gone already might never return
Drug courier who spent a year out with bunged knee and already missing first 2 rounds
28 year old forward pocket who has played 4 games as sub in the last 2 years and has every ailment know to man
Two sided 18 year old who struggled all year with hip problems and from all accounts struggled with expectations.
And a back pocket who we have a plethora of already.

Don't mean to be so negative but I raise concerns

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

_________________
If you allow the Government to change the Laws in an emergency
They will create an Emergency to change the Laws


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:34 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 pm
Posts: 14311
Location: Melbourne
Sydney Blue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Surely we get an A+ this year for our drafting :thumbsup: :cry:

Us and the Bombers, obviously :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman
It has 2016 written all over it.
2 Irish lads one gone already might never return
Drug courier who spent a year out with bunged knee and already missing first 2 rounds
28 year old forward pocket who has played 4 games as sub in the last 2 years and has every ailment know to man
Two sided 18 year old who struggled all year with hip problems and from all accounts struggled with expectations.
And a back pocket who we have a plethora of already.

Don't mean to be so negative but I raise concerns

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk


Yep you do mean to be very negative, but I guess that’s just you really.

Looks like Keogh has some opposition in 2024.

Regards Cazzesman

_________________
Ricky Gervais - “Everyone has the right to hold whatever beliefs they want. And everyone else has the right to find those beliefs f***ing ridiculous.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:30 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 17598
Sydney Blue wrote:
Drug courier who spent a year out with bunged knee and already missing first 2 rounds


:lol: Drug courier?

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:03 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 6071
Drewgirl wrote:
I feel we needed a key back. Cause if Weitering gets injured, we really dont have much cover. Weitering cannot be replaced i understand that, but would have loved an athletic tall as a backup. This year was the year for bigs. Next year we take the Camporeales and they are runners too.


Yes , agree . Hopefully we rookie one tomorrow . No idea who that might be it is definitely a need .

_________________
All my dangerous friends


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:05 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:58 pm
Posts: 1419
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Drug courier who spent a year out with bunged knee and already missing first 2 rounds


:lol: Drug courier?


"Just say no"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:06 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:09 pm
Posts: 16915
Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Drug courier who spent a year out with bunged knee and already missing first 2 rounds


:lol: Drug courier?


You can call him 'Jim'!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:13 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 10130
My summary
I Like 2 of the 3 draftees. Think Elijah will be a good pickup.
Loss of Fisher and Dow will hurt short term. Didn’t get enough return for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:55 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 2456
Sydney Blue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Surely we get an A+ this year for our drafting :thumbsup: :cry:

Us and the Bombers, obviously :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman
It has 2016 written all over it.
2 Irish lads one gone already might never return
Drug courier who spent a year out with bunged knee and already missing first 2 rounds
28 year old forward pocket who has played 4 games as sub in the last 2 years and has every ailment know to man
Two sided 18 year old who struggled all year with hip problems and from all accounts struggled with expectations.
And a back pocket who we have a plethora of already.

Don't mean to be so negative but I raise concerns

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk



Party Pooper! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:15 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 34196
Location: Half back flank
This is pretty cool

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1468 ... 0715198001

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:17 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 6071
I reckon the Cats brained it myself . Love Mitch Edwards , love Connor O"Sullivan , love George Stevens . Three outstanding players for mine who are going to have long and distinguished careers . George Stevens is going to make a lot of recruiters stupid . Stephen Wells is going to have the last laugh again . And i reckon Shaun Mannagh is a beauty . And how good to get a kid out of the local league.

_________________
All my dangerous friends


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:44 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:32 am
Posts: 10130
I think we should have spent 1/3 of Cooks salary and head hunted Wells as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:46 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:09 pm
Posts: 16915
Mickstar wrote:
George Stevens is going to make a lot of recruiters stupid . Stephen Wells is going to have the last laugh again .


101kgs :eek: I've no idea what he is at AFL level. Can he get to repeat stoppages? I'll watch with interest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:43 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 6071
DocSherrin III wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
George Stevens is going to make a lot of recruiters stupid . Stephen Wells is going to have the last laugh again .


101kgs :eek: I've no idea what he is at AFL level. Can he get to repeat stoppages? I'll watch with interest.


Yes , its going to be a fascinating watch . All the recruiting gurus i know love George as a player . But they all say he aint built for the modern game . And thats true , but every now and then someone comes along who defies logic . They break the mould you might say . I reckon George is an instinctive player with a massive footy IQ . He just knows where to go to get a kick . A footballer first and foremost . I know i'm the odd one out but my gut feel tells me he is going to make it . Too much talent not to .

Anyhow , we shall see Doc .

_________________
All my dangerous friends


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:16 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm
Posts: 6522
Location: Bendigo
Mickstar wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
George Stevens is going to make a lot of recruiters stupid . Stephen Wells is going to have the last laugh again .


101kgs :eek: I've no idea what he is at AFL level. Can he get to repeat stoppages? I'll watch with interest.


Yes , its going to be a fascinating watch . All the recruiting gurus i know love George as a player . But they all say he aint built for the modern game . And thats true , but every now and then someone comes along who defies logic . They break the mould you might say . I reckon George is an instinctive player with a massive footy IQ . He just knows where to go to get a kick . A footballer first and foremost . I know i'm the odd one out but my gut feel tells me he is going to make it . Too much talent not to .

Anyhow , we shall see Doc .

If he’s half as good as the last bargearse, he’s doing ok.

_________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trade/Draft Period
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:55 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 17598
CK95 wrote:


They sound like great fellas but seriously, some of those hair cuts are straight out of the Dumb and Dumber movie. :lol:
I'm not tech savvy enough to post pictures sorry. :oops:

_________________
Looking forward to seeing our potential realised.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group