Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:42 pm
Posts: 2054
Location: Princess Park
The Normal One wrote:
Eddies last game too. Noise is getting louder from the regulars at BF.


I hope so, who wants to see Beets managed/dropped in 2021. Deserves better, the club achieved what they wanted from Eddie, let's send him and Simmo of in style Sat night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:19 am
Posts: 648
Location: Melbourne
Blue4ever wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Eddies last game too. Noise is getting louder from the regulars at BF.


I hope so, who wants to see Beets managed/dropped in 2021. Deserves better, the club achieved what they wanted from Eddie, let's send him and Simmo of in style Sat night.

Anyone else while we're at it?

_________________
Our tradition demands success!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm 
Offline
Serge Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 941
Yes it would be great to send them both off in style with a great win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 764
Blue4ever wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Eddies last game too. Noise is getting louder from the regulars at BF.


I hope so, who wants to see Beets managed/dropped in 2021. Deserves better, the club achieved what they wanted from Eddie, let's send him and Simmo of in style Sat night.


What would be even worse would be seeing Eddie playing when his form didn't warrant it. We all love you Eddie, go now, too many players hang around a little too long.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:16 am
Posts: 12
We all got a dream come true to see Eddie Betts in navy blue again....loved every minute of it, but the show must end.

Find him a role at the club, mentor future forward pockets and hopefully one day we get to see another Betts in blue!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 13584
Location: Bondi Beach
The Normal One wrote:
Eddies last game too. Noise is getting louder from the regulars at BF.


Its so wrong he's forced to stand down all because the AFL Commission hasn't informed the clubs what the list sizes are for 2021.

I hope we can squeeze him in as a rookie. Get his photo on the 200 gamer wall at HQ

The only other indigenous player to make it was Andrew "sky" walker who got to 202 games.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 4089
Doc & Fish out, Martin should play-

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/81408 ... tin-likely

I hope we blood a kid (Ramsay?) or get another game into Cottrell, Honey or Philp.

But we’ll probably play Polson instead.

_________________
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:05 pm 
Online
Bert Deacon

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:50 am
Posts: 565
Location: Brisbane
They're kind of 'consistent' in a way:
They go from NOT kicking a goal in the LAST for two weeks to not kicking one in the First for the next two.

Total lottery for this next one.

on a "Hatrick" for a goal-less 1st quarter...

_________________
"It is what it is"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:42 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 13584
Location: Bondi Beach
aboynamedsue wrote:
Doc & Fish out, Martin should play-

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/81408 ... tin-likely

I hope we blood a kid (Ramsay?) or get another game into Cottrell, Honey or Philp.

But we’ll probably play Polson instead.


Would be great. my dream before the long break.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4687
Whether you like it or not SOss legacy continues
I would love to see some massive changes
Make a statement

Won’t happen
The future
Ramsay
Cottrell
Honey
Philp
Kemp
Teague has to put faith in youth
We desperately need run
We sadly lack offensively defensively
We are a good contested ball team but the other stuff
Crap
Teague must make a statement
I would love him to make wholesale changes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:21 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 19409
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
keogh wrote:
Whether you like it or not SOss legacy continues
I would love to see some massive changes
Make a statement

Won’t happen
The future
Ramsay
Cottrell
Honey
Philp
Kemp
Teague has to put faith in youth
We desperately need run
We sadly lack offensively defensively
We are a good contested ball team but the other stuff
Crap
Teague must make a statement
I would love to see him make wholesale changes


Those three statements do NOT belong in the same post.
If SOS mucked it up so badly, why are they the future and why do you want to see them playing?
If your logic stood up, you wouldn't want them anywhere near the park.
I applaud your passion but there is no need to include the fact you think SOS was a failure in every single post.
We get that part of your argument already.

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:28 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4687
Blue Sombrero wrote:
keogh wrote:
Whether you like it or not SOss legacy continues
I would love to see some massive changes
Make a statement

Won’t happen
The future
Ramsay
Cottrell
Honey
Philp
Kemp
Teague has to put faith in youth
We desperately need run
We sadly lack offensively defensively
We are a good contested ball team but the other stuff
Crap
Teague must make a statement
I would love to see him make wholesale changes


Those three statements do NOT belong in the same post.
If SOS mucked it up so badly, why are they the future and why do you want to see them playing?
If your logic stood up, you wouldn't want them anywhere near the park.
I applaud your passion but there is no need to include the fact you think SOS was a failure in every single post.
We get that part of your argument already.


Why not?
I want his 2019 crop which are mostly mids picked to see what they have got
Because his strike are with mids is terrible

Two things
Remember the the press conference in 2015
From memory there was Bolton SOS the President
Bolton sacked SoS cracks it and leaves but the Pres remains
It’s still a boys club

SOS said he would rebuild. The Pres said we had learnt from our mistakes we have listened to our supporters (which includes you and me) and there will be no more quick fixes

They lied.
Replacing spuds with spuds
McGovern
Cogs
Shiel
Bolton took the fall because SOS was a protected species

Will anything change under Austin
Other than trying some kids and cheering Simmo off I couldn’t give a shit about this game.

I am more interested in what Austin’s strategy is and does Teague puts his faith and trust in the guys SOS recruited

Last year Richmonds premiership team had 9 players who were
Pick 50 or lower
Rookies
Pre season picks
Marion Pickett
Mid season draft
You can draw your own conclusions from that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:31 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:39 pm
Posts: 15412
Not sure what we gain from playing half a dozen kids at once. Lambs to the slaughter. They should have been used more during the year.

_________________
"I had to eat"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:41 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 1236
So is it Eddie's last game or isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 13584
Location: Bondi Beach
keogh wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
keogh wrote:
Whether you like it or not SOss legacy continues
I would love to see some massive changes
Make a statement

Won’t happen
The future
Ramsay
Cottrell
Honey
Philp
Kemp
Teague has to put faith in youth
We desperately need run
We sadly lack offensively defensively
We are a good contested ball team but the other stuff
Crap
Teague must make a statement
I would love to see him make wholesale changes


Those three statements do NOT belong in the same post.
If SOS mucked it up so badly, why are they the future and why do you want to see them playing?
If your logic stood up, you wouldn't want them anywhere near the park.
I applaud your passion but there is no need to include the fact you think SOS was a failure in every single post.
We get that part of your argument already.


Why not?
I want his 2019 crop which are mostly mids picked to see what they have got
Because his strike are with mids is terrible

Two things
Remember the the press conference in 2015
From memory there was Bolton SOS the President
Bolton sacked SoS cracks it and leaves but the Pres remains
It’s still a boys club


SOS said he would rebuild. The Pres said we had learnt from our mistakes we have listened to our supporters (which includes you and me) and there will be no more quick fixes

They lied.
Replacing spuds with spuds
McGovern
Cogs
Shiel
Bolton took the fall because SOS was a protected species

Will anything change under Austin
Other than trying some kids and cheering Simmo off I couldn’t give a shit about this game.

I am more interested in what Austin’s strategy is and does Teague puts his faith and trust in the guys SOS recruited

Last year Richmonds premiership team had 9 players who were
Pick 50 or lower
Rookies
Pre season picks
Marion Pickett
Mid season draft
You can draw your own conclusions from that


Blue Sombrero is right. Conflicting. You should know that with your background.

The yellow: so you can write off 19yo's like you are 20yo 21 yo 22yo 23yo?
Really unhealthy stuff for players to have to put up with, let alone us supporters, coz its not right in that its not timely.

Green highlight...I don't get how you conclude "Boys Club" from what you posted.
That did what they set out to do. Have I missed something?

McGovern, we know he hasn't performed, but it was the only player with a strong body and a good highlights package we could attract after failing to get the others you mentioned Cogs Shiel: so did 16 other teams. I'm sure they did their best, and if it meant getting them on a plane, thank god we have one of those. We lost Shiel to a Business offer in Finance. Like Worsfold is pointing out, [just because you're a big four, it doesn't mean its all handed to you]

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 13584
Location: Bondi Beach
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Not sure what we gain from playing half a dozen kids at once. Lambs to the slaughter. They should have been used more during the year.


Proves they have learned from the pass...maybe gone too hard the other way though.

I can live with that, as long as the kids are developed properly and decision making philosophy improves.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:10 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 13584
Location: Bondi Beach
rhino27 wrote:
So is it Eddie's last game or isn't it?


Its a [REDACTED] situation, isn't it!

Do you know what the list sizes are?

No one does.

Thanks for nothing Gil.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:49 am 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4687
bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
keogh wrote:
Whether you like it or not SOss legacy continues
I would love to see some massive changes
Make a statement

Won’t happen
The future
Ramsay
Cottrell
Honey
Philp
Kemp
Teague has to put faith in youth
We desperately need run
We sadly lack offensively defensively
We are a good contested ball team but the other stuff
Crap
Teague must make a statement
I would love to see him make wholesale changes


Those three statements do NOT belong in the same post.
If SOS mucked it up so badly, why are they the future and why do you want to see them playing?
If your logic stood up, you wouldn't want them anywhere near the park.
I applaud your passion but there is no need to include the fact you think SOS was a failure in every single post.
We get that part of your argument already.


Why not?
I want his 2019 crop which are mostly mids picked to see what they have got
Because his strike are with mids is terrible

Two things
Remember the the press conference in 2015
From memory there was Bolton SOS the President
Bolton sacked SoS cracks it and leaves but the Pres remains
It’s still a boys club


SOS said he would rebuild. The Pres said we had learnt from our mistakes we have listened to our supporters (which includes you and me) and there will be no more quick fixes

They lied.
Replacing spuds with spuds
McGovern
Cogs
Shiel
Bolton took the fall because SOS was a protected species

Will anything change under Austin
Other than trying some kids and cheering Simmo off I couldn’t give a shit about this game.

I am more interested in what Austin’s strategy is and does Teague puts his faith and trust in the guys SOS recruited

Last year Richmonds premiership team had 9 players who were
Pick 50 or lower
Rookies
Pre season picks
Marion Pickett
Mid season draft
You can draw your own conclusions from that


Blue Sombrero is right. Conflicting. You should know that with your background.

The yellow: so you can write off 19yo's like you are 20yo 21 yo 22yo 23yo?
Really unhealthy stuff for players to have to put up with, let alone us supporters, coz its not right in that its not timely.

Green highlight...I don't get how you conclude "Boys Club" from what you posted.
That did what they set out to do. Have I missed something?

McGovern, we know he hasn't performed, but it was the only player with a strong body and a good highlights package we could attract after failing to get the others you mentioned Cogs Shiel: so did 16 other teams. I'm sure they did their best, and if it meant getting them on a plane, thank god we have one of those. We lost Shiel to a Business offer in Finance. Like Worsfold is pointing out, [just because you're a big four, it doesn't mean its all handed to you]



Oh I forgot Stephen Trigg
Long gone to
Why?

How much more evidence do you need that the club has been unstable during our rebuild.
The board give vague info when shit happens
Empty suits BB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 am 
Offline
Serge Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 941
bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
keogh wrote:
Whether you like it or not SOss legacy continues
I would love to see some massive changes
Make a statement

Won’t happen
The future
Ramsay
Cottrell
Honey
Philp
Kemp
Teague has to put faith in youth
We desperately need run
We sadly lack offensively defensively
We are a good contested ball team but the other stuff
Crap
Teague must make a statement
I would love to see him make wholesale changes


Those three statements do NOT belong in the same post.
If SOS mucked it up so badly, why are they the future and why do you want to see them playing?
If your logic stood up, you wouldn't want them anywhere near the park.
I applaud your passion but there is no need to include the fact you think SOS was a failure in every single post.
We get that part of your argument already.


Why not?
I want his 2019 crop which are mostly mids picked to see what they have got
Because his strike are with mids is terrible

Two things
Remember the the press conference in 2015
From memory there was Bolton SOS the President
Bolton sacked SoS cracks it and leaves but the Pres remains
It’s still a boys club


SOS said he would rebuild. The Pres said we had learnt from our mistakes we have listened to our supporters (which includes you and me) and there will be no more quick fixes

They lied.
Replacing spuds with spuds
McGovern
Cogs
Shiel
Bolton took the fall because SOS was a protected species

Will anything change under Austin
Other than trying some kids and cheering Simmo off I couldn’t give a shit about this game.

I am more interested in what Austin’s strategy is and does Teague puts his faith and trust in the guys SOS recruited

Last year Richmonds premiership team had 9 players who were
Pick 50 or lower
Rookies
Pre season picks
Marion Pickett
Mid season draft
You can draw your own conclusions from that


Blue Sombrero is right. Conflicting. You should know that with your background.

The yellow: so you can write off 19yo's like you are 20yo 21 yo 22yo 23yo?
Really unhealthy stuff for players to have to put up with, let alone us supporters, coz its not right in that its not timely.

Green highlight...I don't get how you conclude "Boys Club" from what you posted.
That did what they set out to do. Have I missed something?

McGovern, we know he hasn't performed, but it was the only player with a strong body and a good highlights package we could attract after failing to get the others you mentioned Cogs Shiel: so did 16 other teams. I'm sure they did their best, and if it meant getting them on a plane, thank god we have one of those. We lost Shiel to a Business offer in Finance. Like Worsfold is pointing out, [just because you're a big four, it doesn't mean its all handed to you]


Good post BB. I agree with the sentiment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:45 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 1236
bondiblue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
So is it Eddie's last game or isn't it?


Its a [REDACTED] situation, isn't it!

Do you know what the list sizes are?

No one does.

Thanks for nothing Gil.


Totally [REDCATED].
Do these tossers not care that these are people's livelihoods they are playing with?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group