Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If we ever needed pace, it is next game. They are playing a big outside game atm and their young ruck is a true tap ruck.
Kreuzer will have his work cut out.
If we have to drop anybody, it should be to brig in someone quick.
Where is our JJ, our Saad, our Hunt?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 am 
Bob Chitty

[quote="
Where is our JJ, our Saad, our Hunt?[/quote]

Right now moving home to WA. :sad:

Our other one is doing SFA in the 2s

Another back home in Ireland

And a couple playing VFLW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

ianh wrote:
[quote="
Where is our JJ, our Saad, our Hunt?

Right now moving home to WA. :sad:

Our other one is doing SFA in the 2s

Another back home in Ireland

And a couple playing VFLW[/quote]
At least you didn't mention the one doing 5 in the slammer, the one tearing it up (not really) for the Dees and the favourite son who MM got rid of for his $3M a season lovechild as part of a fiendish plot by Collingwood to destroy the club :razz:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Me and Mrs NTB are holidaying in Perth for a month as from next week visiting our son. We are all CFC members and are going to the Freo game.

Last time we went to Perth was a few years ago. We attended the pre match and then saw us beat WCE in a game where Yarran ran amok and Roe moved forward and kicked a few vital goals. We hadn't won a game before that so we might be good luck charms!!!

Does anyone know if there is a pre match function? We are keen to attend if there is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

NTBlue wrote:
Me and Mrs NTB are holidaying in Perth for a month as from next week visiting our son. We are all CFC members and are going to the Freo game.

Last time we went to Perth was a few years ago. We attended the pre match and then saw us beat WCE in a game where Yarran ran amok and Roe moved forward and kicked a few vital goals. We hadn't won a game before that so we might be good luck charms!!!

Does anyone know if there is a pre match function? We are keen to attend if there is.

So glad you guys will be there :gift:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:14 pm 
Robert Walls

NTBlue wrote:

Hey NT - see below from the club.

I'm heading to the game with my son as well - hopefully the players bring the right stuff!

Join the WA Blues before the bounce when the boys take on Fremantle at Optus Stadium next Sunday!

When: Sunday 30 June | 11am–2pm
Where: Empire Bar | 220 Great Eastern Hwy, Lathlain

Interstate members FREE | Other members $10 | Non-members $20 | U15s FREE

Hear from past players, mingle with like-minded Bluebaggers and get to the match with ease with transport provided. There'll be an auction as well as a raffle on the day, with signed items up for grabs, so be sure to take part!

Go Blues!

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/fan-zone/s ... _141326253

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluebo baggers wrote:
NTBlue wrote:

Hey NT - see below from the club.

I'm heading to the game with my son as well - hopefully the players bring the right stuff!

Join the WA Blues before the bounce when the boys take on Fremantle at Optus Stadium next Sunday!

When: Sunday 30 June | 11am–2pm
Where: Empire Bar | 220 Great Eastern Hwy, Lathlain

Interstate members FREE | Other members $10 | Non-members $20 | U15s FREE

Hear from past players, mingle with like-minded Bluebaggers and get to the match with ease with transport provided. There'll be an auction as well as a raffle on the day, with signed items up for grabs, so be sure to take part!

Go Blues!

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/fan-zone/s ... _141326253

That's weird - normally they hold it at the Camfield which is right next to the stadium.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am 
Bruce Comben

The empire is where they are holding the function every week for wa members, so just trying to keep it consistent I presume.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:13 am 
Harry Vallence

Thanks for the info. Look forward to meeting WA Blues supporters and TC'ers at the pre match.

I will be the guy probably wearing a 2017 members polo because I paid my membership in both 2018 & 2019 a little too late to get one in my size. I am likely to be bidding for any auctioned signed jumpers, and desperately searching for where Mrs NTB hid my credit card to foil my attempt to add to the collection!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I think we're a real chance, look at Freo's form at home this year:

vs North (Freo by 82pts - North were woeful)
vs St Kilda (Freo by 5pts)
vs Western Bulldogs (Freo by 19pts - Dogs couldn't kick straight. Created enough opportunities to win)
vs Richmond (Tigers by 25pts)
vs Lions (Freo by 1pt)
vs Port (Freo by 21pts - Port were undermanned and the game was close up until late in the final qtr)

With Alex Pearce out their defence isn't great and I can see one of Charlie, Harry or Gov getting off the leash.

Need to contain Fyfe, Walters and Brad Hill (Stephen Hill is past his prime - has had lots of injuries the last couple of years).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

Humpers wrote:

vs Western Bulldogs (Freo by 19pts - Dogs couldn't kick straight. Created enough opportunities to win)
vs Lions (Freo by 1pt)
vs Port (Freo by 21pts - Port were undermanned and the game was close up until late in the final qtr)

With Alex Pearce out their defence isn't great and I can see one of Charlie, Harry or Gov getting off the leash.

Need to contain Fyfe, Walters and Brad Hill (Stephen Hill is past his prime - has had lots of injuries the last couple of years).

Ed will take one of the three. Which one?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bye week stinks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Humpers wrote:

vs Lions (Freo by 1pt)

Ed will take one of the three. Which one?

Fyfe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:59 pm 
Serge Silvagni

cortez wrote:
Dow out? Looks to lack confidence, a run in the twos might help. Could Kennedy play his role?

I suspect McGovern and McKay are pretty much undroppable, but SOJ for one of them would add some desperation up forward when the ball hits the ground.

Careful mate - don't say anything negative about the Dow or you will be accused of being a troll.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:57 pm 
Robert Walls

Asp wrote:
cortez wrote:
Dow out? Looks to lack confidence, a run in the twos might help. Could Kennedy play his role?

I suspect McGovern and McKay are pretty much undroppable, but SOJ for one of them would add some desperation up forward when the ball hits the ground.

Careful mate - don't say anything negative about the Dow or you will be accused of being a troll.

Nah...cortez is offering a perspective on giving Dow some opportunities at NBs level

He isnt being negative

In fact, I wouldn't call your posts about Dow negative either...irrationally destructive maybe, but certainly not negative

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:59 am 
Serge Silvagni

99prelim wrote:
Asp wrote:
cortez wrote:

Nah...cortez is offering a perspective on giving Dow some opportunities at NBs level

He isnt being negative

In fact, I wouldn't call your posts about Dow negative either...irrationally destructive maybe, but certainly not negative

Time will tell. Nothing against the kid - he is probably a fine young person and well liked team member, trying his hardest to improve his game, but the time for making excuses for him is over. We are rock bottom and the stats don't lie. Not suggesting that it is due to him alone - far from it. Cazzeman hit the nail on the head - after Cripps and Walsh our second tier midfielders just don't get enough possessions. If the ball is not in their hands, where is it ? Need three guesses ?
I think that we sometimes throw some high draft picks in straight away when a season at the Bullants might be better for their development. I believe that the great Bruce Doull played 100 reserves games. Didn't do him any harm. Different world today of course.

Cheers

Last edited by Asp on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Asp wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Asp wrote:
cortez wrote:

He isnt being negative

Time will tell. Nothing against the kid - he is probably a fine young person and well liked team member, trying his hardest to improve his game, but the time for making excuses for him is over. We are rock bottom and the stats don't lie.

Cheers

I'm not sure if you're writing Dow off altogether or think its time he had a rest.

His stats of late have been down but his courage, week in week out, is unquestionable.

He has shown passages of play from the early age of 18 that he belongs in the AFL and will make a great player after a few preseasons.

He's only 19yo playing in the guts against fully developed 24-34 yo midfield bodies.
He's a keeper.

He shouldn't be untouchable or beyond criticism. No one should be.
A bit of perspective helps the discussion.

Kids like Rozee and Short have been protected playing predominantly in the forward line in better teams.
When Short plays mid in short bursts he has the likes of Martin, Prestia, Cotchin taking the bigger bodied mids and protect him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hogan injured his foot today and more importantly Walters reported for headbutting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Humpers wrote:
Hogan injured his foot today and more importantly Walters reported for headbutting.

Stephen Hill injured too I think I heard?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Humpers wrote:

Stephen Hill injured too I think I heard?

Yes but I'm not bothered whether he plays or not - he is past his prime and not the same player he used to be.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next