Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

kezza wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Gee, Libba is a flower.

Surely should cop the $1000 'obscene' gesture' fine?

It is that sort of behaviour that can incite the crowd.
He is such a moron.
What did he do?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Gee, Libba is a flower.

He is such a moron.
What did he do?

https://twitter.com/traceyannereid/status/1140072754550464513

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Scotty12000 wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:
kezza wrote:
Gee, Libba is a flower.

He is such a moron.
What did he do?

https://twitter.com/traceyannereid/status/1140072754550464513
Whom?

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

doofdoof wrote:
AGRO wrote:
keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:
We need a ruckman that can push the ball to our advantage (consistently) at Centre bounces and our midfield (Cripps) needs big bodied assistance in the middle for those Centre clearances, and that’s just to keep us in the game, to win games we need run out of the backline and forwards that can keep the ball in our forward line once the ball hits the ground.

SOS are you able to deliver those - you haven’t been able to over the past 4 years.

Unlikely with a pick around 15 and 2 third rounders :wink:

He’s already shown he couldn’t do it with a full hand, let alone with the one you’ve indicated above.

:wink:

get a room guys

This is the room you “word that apparently is no longer to be able to ge used at the football”
anymore.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Liked Teague in his presser articulating the difference in starts from last week to this week. Execution versus completely outpointed in the contest. Diplomatically calling out our midfield for getting owned early, which is spot on imho.

If we continue to start like that, especially against great opposition, we will be out of the contest by quarter time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Libba seems to be a really proud keyboard warrior.....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Negatives? The bullshit philosophy of wanting an extra number behind the ball continues and tonight it hurt us badly. To see Newman as our loose behind the ball and to see the Dogs with an extra at the stoppages (where they were killing us) was doing my head in. The coaches were too stubborn or too slow to react but it's @#$%&! lunacy. Exactly what effect do they expect Newman to have? He can't impact as a third man in. He is poor overhead and his form is average at best.
At no stage did our spare impact. Instead it allowed the Dogs to utilise their spare, control the ball and pick holes in our zone.
Forget this bullshit about allowing the players to go out and play. That's why we're overpossessing at times and some players are playing their own game too often. You're coaches. Coach the @#$%&! team. Beveridge took us apart in the first half.

Looking at the positives, I always felt we could get back into the game. Even when we were 30+ points down. Over the past few years, we would have been rolled by 50+.
Cuningham some good moments. That crumb goal was a pisser. Cripps, Murphy, Fisher, Dow, Kreuzer and SPS flogged around the ball early yet we lost by 3 points.
Charlie. What a gun. For those calling for him to go down back or play on ball, :lol: . He's easily our best forward and a match winner. If we can keep him and he stays injury free, he'll be our most watchable and dynamic player since Kouta.

Poor discipline cost us in the end but it was an entertaining game. I'm glad I went.

Anyone who can't see Charlie as a match winner has rocks in their head.
Based on last night's performance, you'd be mad to throw him on the ball.
Presented really well further up the ground and near goals.
Charlie has an engine.

Why?
It's a team game. It's not about Charlie. Who's to say that some outside midfield time for Charlie doesn't positively change other dynamics for the team??
He's got an engine as you said.

I agree with you 99.
I like to mix things up...like Beridge did.

We have no big bodied mids to help out Cripps.
Setters is too young, inexperienced or not a big bodied mid.
Kennedy looks lost at AFL level.

I don't think the 3 talls are working.
When Harry was doing well and Gov kicking goals, Charlie was quite.
When Charlie kicked goals, all 7 of them, Harry and Gov did very little.
Can't throw Gov or Harry in the midfield group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

MPH78 wrote:
Liked Teague in his presser articulating the difference in starts from last week to this week. Execution versus completely outpointed in the contest. Diplomatically calling out our midfield for getting owned early, which is spot on imho.

If we continue to start like that, especially against great opposition, we will be out of the contest by quarter time.

Like North Melbourne.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
AGRO wrote:
keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:
We need a ruckman that can push the ball to our advantage (consistently) at Centre bounces and our midfield (Cripps) needs big bodied assistance in the middle for those Centre clearances, and that’s just to keep us in the game, to win games we need run out of the backline and forwards that can keep the ball in our forward line once the ball hits the ground.

SOS are you able to deliver those - you haven’t been able to over the past 4 years.

He’s already shown he couldn’t do it with a full hand, let alone with the one you’ve indicated above.

get a room guys

This is the room you “word that apparently is no longer to be able to ge used at the football”
anymore.

Blah blah blah SOS is a shit list manager Blah blah blah
We get it already you “word that will be censored”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
AGRO wrote:
keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:

get a room guys

No
We are entitled to an opinion

Absolutely.

Whilst I don't agree with everything you and AGRO post, they are thought provoking. Always.
I still think it's still too early to make a call on SOS recruiting, and he has had a few wins.

I think its the latter picks SOS haven't filled gaps, for instance a small forward and ruckman (other the De Koning)
...and of course the mature mid we have needed since the day we traded Gibbs. Hence Crippa is fighting a one man fight in the midfield.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

doofdoof wrote:
AGRO wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
AGRO wrote:
keogh wrote:

get a room guys

anymore.

Blah blah blah SOS is a shit list manager Blah blah blah
We get it already you “word that will be censored”

No worries Tom.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:43 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
AGRO wrote:
keogh wrote:
AGRO wrote:

get a room guys

anymore.

Should the quotation marks have ended after "anymore"?

Just asking...not trying to stir up trouble on this site or anything like that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Negatives? The bullshit philosophy of wanting an extra number behind the ball continues and tonight it hurt us badly. To see Newman as our loose behind the ball and to see the Dogs with an extra at the stoppages (where they were killing us) was doing my head in. The coaches were too stubborn or too slow to react but it's @#$%&! lunacy. Exactly what effect do they expect Newman to have? He can't impact as a third man in. He is poor overhead and his form is average at best.
At no stage did our spare impact. Instead it allowed the Dogs to utilise their spare, control the ball and pick holes in our zone.
Forget this bullshit about allowing the players to go out and play. That's why we're overpossessing at times and some players are playing their own game too often. You're coaches. Coach the @#$%&! team. Beveridge took us apart in the first half.

Looking at the positives, I always felt we could get back into the game. Even when we were 30+ points down. Over the past few years, we would have been rolled by 50+.
Cuningham some good moments. That crumb goal was a pisser. Cripps, Murphy, Fisher, Dow, Kreuzer and SPS flogged around the ball early yet we lost by 3 points.
Charlie. What a gun. For those calling for him to go down back or play on ball, :lol: . He's easily our best forward and a match winner. If we can keep him and he stays injury free, he'll be our most watchable and dynamic player since Kouta.

Poor discipline cost us in the end but it was an entertaining game. I'm glad I went.

Anyone who can't see Charlie as a match winner has rocks in their head.
Based on last night's performance, you'd be mad to throw him on the ball.
Presented really well further up the ground and near goals.
Charlie has an engine.

Why?
It's a team game. It's not about Charlie. Who's to say that some outside midfield time for Charlie doesn't positively change other dynamics for the team??
He's got an engine as you said.

I agree with you 99.
I like to mix things up...like Beridge did.

We have no big bodied mids to help out Cripps.
Setters is too young, inexperienced or not a big bodied mid.
Kennedy looks lost at AFL level.

I don't think the 3 talls are working.
When Harry was doing well and Gov kicking goals, Charlie was quite.
When Charlie kicked goals, all 7 of them, Harry and Gov did very little.
Can't throw Gov or Harry in the midfield group.

Agree about 3 fwds not working and about Gov/Mckay restrictions

I like the idea of:
When Charlie plays midfield, Gov plays deep and Harry comes out (no intentional double entrende)
Gov can play loose in defence, Charlie comes out and Harry plays deep

I think some form of rotational system that doesn't pit 3 alpha males against each other but also uses their skill set over a wider expanse of the ground...or some shit like that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:56 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Kouta wrote:
Simpson cost us that game with his dreadful centering kick to Levi and turnover that lead to a Doggies goal. We running all over them before he made an awful decision to go inboard and kick to a contest. Terrible leadership by a senior player.

We couldn’t stop Suckling who smashed us.

That was Cripps, not Simpson.

Are you prepared to be just as critical of Cripps?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Just finished watching the replay, agree Harry was pretty lazy and useless but if the umpires had paid the clear fifty to him and he kicked the goal he would have had two and we would have won.

He marked the ball then went to kick it and a bulldogs player ran straight him front of him and stopped him kicking, so he stopped and appealed to the umpire who simply called play in and forced him to bomb it long to a contest. Sliding doors.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Curnow, McGovern and McKay have played 56, 58 and 27 games of football and less than 10 together.

How about we give them a chance to be a serious three pronged attack rather than chop and change yet again with young developing kids.

All three have serious talent. Let’s see how they’re going in another 30 games.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Just finished watching the replay, agree Harry was pretty lazy and useless but if the umpires had paid the clear fifty to him and he kicked the goal he would have had two and we would have won.

He marked the ball then went to kick it and a bulldogs player ran straight him front of him and stopped him kicking, so he stopped and appealed to the umpire who simply called play in and forced him to bomb it long to a contest. Sliding doors.

We might have won the free kick count, but they won the free kicks that cost us the game count.

Please note the superfluous vowel in the word count.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
Kouta wrote:
Simpson cost us that game with his dreadful centering kick to Levi and turnover that lead to a Doggies goal. We running all over them before he made an awful decision to go inboard and kick to a contest. Terrible leadership by a senior player.

We couldn’t stop Suckling who smashed us.

That was Cripps, not Simpson.

Are you prepared to be just as critical of Cripps?

Good call. There wasn't even a switch on. It was the most idiotic thing to do and he should have been dragged. But apparently you can't have a go at Cripps...I got some death stares from idiot Carlton supporters in close proximity to me...those same people having a go at Setterfield, Fisher and O'Brien all night.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:03 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Jiahao Blue wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Jiahao Blue wrote:
Murphy is cooked. Took short steps when a strong effort was needed. A total passenger. Should retire now. Gives the side nothing. Never a leader and won't be now. Sad ending to a warrior that cannot handle the pressure. JSOS would have much better value. Walsh needs a left foot too.

It’s like you prepared this at half time and refused to let any new evidence change your view.

I think a lot of people have certain expectations of players and if they don’t meet them then their immediately terrible. There’s no way JSOS offers more than murph at the moment.

Ask any opposition supporter, they would much rather face us without murph than with him.

I know for a fact he isn't rated now by other clubs.

He is still our third best midfielder and there is a big gap after him to number 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:05 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

We might have won the free kick count, but they won the free kicks that cost us the game count.

Please note the superfluous vowel in the word count.

Are our posts now also regulated by word counts?

It's become a nanny state on this site as well as at Marvel Stadium

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next