Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 108  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28380
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Blue Vain wrote:
Yes he will. He's only out for 12 weeks. The new season doesn't start for the best part of 8 months.

Right now I have doubts about our ability to keep anything to just 12 weeks.

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm
Posts: 795
That kid is injury prone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:30 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:02 am
Posts: 1759
Out of all the GWS players we have, Lamb has been out best in terms of staying on the park. The others are all taped up and really struggling.

_________________
It is not as bad as you are lead to believe.......it is %$#^& worse!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 13112
Paddycripps wrote:
That kid is injury prone.


Tough call. He suffered a significant ankle injury but chose to tough it out. Had he had surgery when he did it, he would have missed the majority of the season. The kid attempted to do the right thing by the club IMO. If it's the same injury, I cant see how it makes him injury prone. :?

_________________
I still enjoy footy, just not as much as I did before...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:58 pm
Posts: 1446
He was starting to look like a serious player before that ankle. Deserves more time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:31 am
Posts: 17068
He injured his ankle in the first quarter of the season.
"Toughing it out" is stupid management by the club.
If he was a fringe player fighting for a contract or a veteran in his last 1-2 seasons, I'd understand.
The club needs to protect it's assets better than this.
Let's hope it's not now a permanent injury.

_________________
T E A M


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 14032
Location: North of the border
Boys against men most weeks so the injuries will come.
They need the strength to compete to avoid these injuries.

The trouble I see is will they ever fully heal and will these 19 / 20 /21 year olds be fighting injuries that they have picked up now for their whole career.
Kruezer has always battled and so did Waite

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
Playing against bigger bodies does increase your injury risk but at the same time, some bodies are just more injury prone than others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 13112
buzzaaaah wrote:
He injured his ankle in the first quarter of the season.
"Toughing it out" is stupid management by the club.
If he was a fringe player fighting for a contract or a veteran in his last 1-2 seasons, I'd understand.
The club needs to protect it's assets better than this.
Let's hope it's not now a permanent injury.


75% of players in the AFL are probably playing with injuries. I know it's fashionable to take a swipe at the club but I'd suggest every other club has the same or similar philosophies.

_________________
I still enjoy footy, just not as much as I did before...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Posts: 5030
Not worried about trade guy also had little pre-season and was injured in first game after killing it before getting injured
Last 4 weeks before getting injured last week also looked good
looks a good player to me and will develop nicely with the team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm
Posts: 795
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
That kid is injury prone.


Tough call. He suffered a significant ankle injury but chose to tough it out. Had he had surgery when he did it, he would have missed the majority of the season. The kid attempted to do the right thing by the club IMO. If it's the same injury, I cant see how it makes him injury prone. :?


I use that term subjectively. It's my opinion. He had injuries at GWS then came to us and has been injured twice since coming to us.

At the end of the day he either gets injury free and thrives otherwise he won't have much of a career. That's the reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm
Posts: 1938
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
That kid is injury prone.


Tough call. He suffered a significant ankle injury but chose to tough it out. Had he had surgery when he did it, he would have missed the majority of the season. The kid attempted to do the right thing by the club IMO. If it's the same injury, I cant see how it makes him injury prone. :?


I use that term subjectively. It's my opinion. He had injuries at GWS then came to us and has been injured twice since coming to us.

At the end of the day he either gets injury free and thrives otherwise he won't have much of a career. That's the reality.

Just relax a bit.

O’Meara is going along ok now. It’s a brutal game and injuries take time.

He is a good player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 751
I think we have bigger issues than Kennedy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm
Posts: 795
muzza wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
That kid is injury prone.


Tough call. He suffered a significant ankle injury but chose to tough it out. Had he had surgery when he did it, he would have missed the majority of the season. The kid attempted to do the right thing by the club IMO. If it's the same injury, I cant see how it makes him injury prone. :?


I use that term subjectively. It's my opinion. He had injuries at GWS then came to us and has been injured twice since coming to us.

At the end of the day he either gets injury free and thrives otherwise he won't have much of a career. That's the reality.

Just relax a bit.

O’Meara is going along ok now. It’s a brutal game and injuries take time.

He is a good player.


I'm relaxed just fine hombre . Maybe you need to relax.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 28380
Location: COMFORTABLY DISSATISFIED
Maybe everyone needs to relax?

_________________
WADA medical director Dr Alan Vernec describes Essendon* FC drug case as biggest scandal in team sport the world of sport has seen. #WC2WB

#GUILTY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm
Posts: 1938
Paddycripps wrote:
I'm relaxed just fine hombre . Maybe you need to relax.


Good suggestion Paddy. I will take that on board.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm
Posts: 795
By no means is this gospel. But over the years I've been fortunate to get to know a number of people who work in elite level sports. Most of these people tend to agree that to some extent athletes should be held accountable for injuries. What that means is Yes often injury is bad luck but sometimes some players, and by no means all, but some players maybe don't take enough care in one way or another (preparation, game day etc) and as a result are prone to injury. Again don't take this as gospel as I don't work in sports and the views I've encountered are by no means universal but there's enough people who hold this view for it to IMO be plausible. Im not saying Kennedy is definitely one of these types but maybe he is. Time will tell. And even then it could all be bad luck. We will never know. But the reality is some players hardly ever get injured whereas some other players seem to get injured all the time and I can tell you there are some schools of thought on this. That's all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am
Posts: 4036
Injury or not
From what I have seen he is too slow average kick
He is only young but a guy that lacks that amount of pace
Needs to be exceptional in other areas of the game to “make it”

Awareness toughness contested ball
Ability to take contested marks in the forward half
From what I have seen Kennedy isn’t exceptional at anything as I have said before if you are slow and lack penetration in your kicking you become a liability the way footy is played at the top level

Silvangi used pick 16 from the Gibbs deal to trade with the dogs to get
Pick 28 and 30

With 28 we got Kennedy and with 30 we got De Koning
Pick 28 is overs for Kennedy

Don’t forget sos picked Kennedy with pick 13 at the Giants

SOS clearly has his favorites


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
Mike Fitzpatrick

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 pm
Posts: 4476
Location: Blisstonia.
keogh wrote:
Injury or not
From what I have seen he is too slow average kick
He is only young but a guy that lacks that amount of pace
Needs to be exceptional in other areas of the game to “make it”

Awareness toughness contested ball
Ability to take contested marks in the forward half
From what I have seen Kennedy isn’t exceptional at anything as I have said before if you are slow and lack penetration in your kicking you become a liability the way footy is played at the top level

Silvangi used pick 16 from the Gibbs deal to trade with the dogs to get
Pick 28 and 30


With 28 we got Kennedy and with 30 we got De Koning
Pick 28 is overs for Kennedy

Don’t forget sos picked Kennedy with pick 13 at the Giants

SOS clearly has his favorites


#16 and #40 traded for #23, #28 and #30.

_________________
"They're [REDACTED]'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
John James
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 641
keogh wrote:
Injury or not
From what I have seen he is too slow average kick
He is only young but a guy that lacks that amount of pace
Needs to be exceptional in other areas of the game to “make it”

Awareness toughness contested ball
Ability to take contested marks in the forward half
From what I have seen Kennedy isn’t exceptional at anything as I have said before if you are slow and lack penetration in your kicking you become a liability the way footy is played at the top level

Silvangi used pick 16 from the Gibbs deal to trade with the dogs to get
Pick 28 and 30

With 28 we got Kennedy and with 30 we got De Koning
Pick 28 is overs for Kennedy

Don’t forget sos picked Kennedy with pick 13 at the Giants

SOS clearly has his favorites


Personally, I think that the kid has played half a year of football, with no pre season and most likely carrying a foot injury for the games he has played.
Not enough of a platform to judge him on anything at the moment.

He's hardly a spud as you are leading towards and pick #28 might be cheap if he gets his body right:

http://neafl.com.au/afl-draft-combine-results/

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2015 ... w-kennedy/

http://aflnswact.com.au/kennedy-shines- ... t-combine/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 108  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group