Talking Carlton Index Kristian Jacksch CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
Wayne Johnston

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 8677
AIRCAV wrote:
kezza wrote:
dane wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
If I was gay I'd just be pleased that this is even on the table. Taken thousands of years to get to this point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


When many other countries have already legislated it?

And yet the AFL has a major sponsor in Etihad who's country has a law that it is illegal to be gay.


When you virtue signal, you are immune to hypocrisy.

I wonder if the AFL asked Basher Houli about his views on this subject.
Many Muslim countries have the death penalty for the "crime" of being gay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 1932
Location: Sydney
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
Equality of opportunity is the only equality we should endeavor for.


Ah, so you are pro-SSM after all!


Ahh, the logic of a child I see. Yeah you win a special snowflake medal.


Wow. First "strawman", now "snowflake". And resorting to personal insults to boot.

The trouble with people like you is, you think that just because you're entitled to an opinion, then that opinion must be respected.

Wrong. Your right to an opinion is to be respected, not the opinion itself. The opinion is only worthy of respect if you are able to back it up with some kind of logic or at least some convincing rhetoric.

You, however, go off on bizarre tangents about meritocracies - what that has to do with gay marriage is beyond me - and can't even see that your own quote above is about as blatant a pro-SSM declaration as you can get. That you can't appreciate the irony shows your complete lack of comprehension or a sense of humour. That you consistently resort to reactionary memes like "strawman" and "snowflake" shows that you have no debating skills whatsoever.

As Trump would say, this has been the worst conversation ever. Thanks a lot. *dial tone*


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 40339
Location: SAKC !!
GO BLUES !

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

I'm bad and that's good, I'll never be good and that's not bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 43730
Location: Canberra
I'm glad I don't read the main board that much these days.

But I'll be voting yes, if my papers ever arrive. :sad:

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
Trevor Keogh

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:58 pm
Posts: 733
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
Equality of opportunity is the only equality we should endeavor for.


Ah, so you are pro-SSM after all!


Ahh, the logic of a child I see. Yeah you win a special snowflake medal.


Wow. First "strawman", now "snowflake". And resorting to personal insults to boot.

The trouble with people like you is, you think that just because you're entitled to an opinion, then that opinion must be respected.

Wrong. Your right to an opinion is to be respected, not the opinion itself. The opinion is only worthy of respect if you are able to back it up with some kind of logic or at least some convincing rhetoric.

You, however, go off on bizarre tangents about meritocracies - what that has to do with gay marriage is beyond me - and can't even see that your own quote above is about as blatant a pro-SSM declaration as you can get. That you can't appreciate the irony shows your complete lack of comprehension or a sense of humour. That you consistently resort to reactionary memes like "strawman" and "snowflake" shows that you have no debating skills whatsoever.

As Trump would say, this has been the worst conversation ever. Thanks a lot. *dial tone*


The trouble with people like you is you presume to know what I think; and then you go on to project your own baseless assumptions and insecurities onto me , it's hilarious seeing you think you made some great point and then chortle that I don't understand irony lol.... I really despair for the sort of mind that immediately jumps to the blatant obvious wrong conclusions; refusing to look beyond the surface, but then again you don't actually have to do research when you have ideology, yeah best you do run along because you are way out of your league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 1932
Location: Sydney
What a load of drivel mate, seriously. If you can't make a coherent or relevant point, don't blame others for not "looking beneath the surface". This is a forum of people who mostly don't know each other personally, so you'll be judged on the content of what you say. I'm not going to bother with you further.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane

Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Posts: 224
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
Equality of opportunity is the only equality we should endeavor for.


Ah, so you are pro-SSM after all!


Ahh, the logic of a child I see. Yeah you win a special snowflake medal.


Wow. First "strawman", now "snowflake". And resorting to personal insults to boot.

The trouble with people like you is, you think that just because you're entitled to an opinion, then that opinion must be respected.

Wrong. Your right to an opinion is to be respected, not the opinion itself. The opinion is only worthy of respect if you are able to back it up with some kind of logic or at least some convincing rhetoric.

You, however, go off on bizarre tangents about meritocracies - what that has to do with gay marriage is beyond me - and can't even see that your own quote above is about as blatant a pro-SSM declaration as you can get. That you can't appreciate the irony shows your complete lack of comprehension or a sense of humour. That you consistently resort to reactionary memes like "strawman" and "snowflake" shows that you have no debating skills whatsoever.

As Trump would say, this has been the worst conversation ever. Thanks a lot. *dial tone*


The trouble with people like you is you presume to know what I think; and then you go on to project your own baseless assumptions and insecurities onto me , it's hilarious seeing you think you made some great point and then chortle that I don't understand irony lol.... I really despair for the sort of mind that immediately jumps to the blatant obvious wrong conclusions; refusing to look beyond the surface, but then again you don't actually have to do research when you have ideology, yeah best you do run along because you are way out of your league.


Here here smithy. I'm on your page here. As you intimated, there is a bigger political correctness play going on here (eg. Can't boo Goodes cos of his heritage, even though you think he's a sh#t bloke....or diversity targets in the public sector, led by male CEO's). Whatever....I'm personally not bowing to bullies.

Bounce the ball and let these first world 'problems' momentarily be forgotten.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 10746
Location: threeohfivethree
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
smithy wrote:
Equality of opportunity is the only equality we should endeavor for.


Ah, so you are pro-SSM after all!


Ahh, the logic of a child I see. Yeah you win a special snowflake medal.


Wow. First "strawman", now "snowflake". And resorting to personal insults to boot.

The trouble with people like you is, you think that just because you're entitled to an opinion, then that opinion must be respected.

Wrong. Your right to an opinion is to be respected, not the opinion itself. The opinion is only worthy of respect if you are able to back it up with some kind of logic or at least some convincing rhetoric.

You, however, go off on bizarre tangents about meritocracies - what that has to do with gay marriage is beyond me - and can't even see that your own quote above is about as blatant a pro-SSM declaration as you can get. That you can't appreciate the irony shows your complete lack of comprehension or a sense of humour. That you consistently resort to reactionary memes like "strawman" and "snowflake" shows that you have no debating skills whatsoever.

As Trump would say, this has been the worst conversation ever. Thanks a lot. *dial tone*


The trouble with people like you is you presume to know what I think; and then you go on to project your own baseless assumptions and insecurities onto me , it's hilarious seeing you think you made some great point and then chortle that I don't understand irony lol.... I really despair for the sort of mind that immediately jumps to the blatant obvious wrong conclusions; refusing to look beyond the surface, but then again you don't actually have to do research when you have ideology, yeah best you do run along because you are way out of your league.


Yeah...nah...

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:29 am
Posts: 12725
camelboy wrote:
I'm glad I don't read the main board that much these days.

But I'll be voting yes, if my papers ever arrive. :sad:


I think they should all arrive by the 25th but if not there is a process to contact the ABS to get it.

_________________
It's better in a hell hole
You know where you stand in a hell hole


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:29 am
Posts: 12725
Forget about the clubs position on same sex marriage, the club should make a statement apologizing to Carlton members and admitting it made a massive mistake in letting Betts go.

_________________
It's better in a hell hole
You know where you stand in a hell hole


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:26 am
Posts: 13771
Location: Comparing orange boners with Hirdy
"It's not alright to have let Betts go"?

_________________
Greg Swann wrote:
Essendon* cheated, simple as that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm
Posts: 1672
Megaman wrote:
"It's not alright to have let Betts go"?

Vote Yes or No


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 1932
Location: Sydney
I'll marry Eddie if he comes back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 43730
Location: Canberra
bluechucky wrote:
camelboy wrote:
I'm glad I don't read the main board that much these days.

But I'll be voting yes, if my papers ever arrive. :sad:


I think they should all arrive by the 25th but if not there is a process to contact the ABS to get it.


Yep, I'm on it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 43730
Location: Canberra
BoundaryRider wrote:
Here here smithy. I'm on your page here. As you intimated, there is a bigger political correctness play going on here (eg. Can't boo Goodes cos of his heritage, even though you think he's a sh#t bloke....or diversity targets in the public sector, led by male CEO's). Whatever....I'm personally not bowing to bullies.

Bounce the ball and let these first world 'problems' momentarily be forgotten.


It's easy to dismiss this issue with a throwaway line that it's a first world problem if you're not going to be directly affected by the outcome.

Anyway, as grrofunger has eluded, the issue has been so poorly handled by our politicians (of all persuasions) it's probably best that we don't add to it here.

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:52 pm
Posts: 1574
Location: Geelong
I thought that the oddest criticism of Carlton was that they were gutless and lacked courage in issuing a statement that didn't wholeheartedly support a very loud and very righteous chorus. Not supporting the mob may or may not be wise, but it certainly wasn't weak.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline
Geoff Southby
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:27 pm
Posts: 5037
Spot on Big K.

_________________
The problem will be made. for the solution to be sold, to your face before your eyes, tolerance is now the new danger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:52 am 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:39 pm
Posts: 13800
I fully support the club's approach to this.

_________________
"I had to eat"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:17 am
Posts: 10746
Location: threeohfivethree
I'm not going to tell anyone whether they should support the club or not.

_________________
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L.Mencken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:00 pm
Posts: 3963
Location: Recovering from the 1st effort
Such a personal issue and a personal liberty to vote whichever way you choose. The club has taken an appropriate stance, to do anything else could have alienated and upset many members.

_________________
"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he think he was doing at the time?" Billy Connolly


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group