Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
Pafloyul wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Isaac Smith said it best - get some execution and we're a serious team

Would Casboult and Everitt be enough?

Kick straight you bastards ... Don't make a mess of it.

Wood would.

:razz:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:21 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Same problem as last week - no one can take marks inside our forward 50.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:26 pm 
Craig Bradley

ryan2000 wrote:
PROS:-

Cripps. Total man-crush! I said the other day he's every chance to go back-to-back B&F! What a ripper.
SOJ - LOVED that chase down. He's young, but averaging a goal a game. Keep going buddy!
Buckley - I reckon he belongs in this team.
Bokehurst - Nice. That's what we want. Not perfect, but is giving it a go! Keep it up.

CONS:-

Ruck - Can we continue to play Phillips and Kreuzer in the same side? I just don't think the 2-ruck combo works. Kreuzer though, is starting to string some games together. Maybe try him as a sole ruck? Perhaps he doesn't have the fitness? I don't know.
Levi - I said at the start of the year that minimum 30 goals would be a pass mark. He's nowhere near that. Just don't think he offers this team anything.
Everitt - Does bugger all, gets dropped. Shows brilliance in VFL, gets promoted back to seniors and then does bugger all again! It's like a freaken merry-go-round!
- FREE KICK HAWTHORN!!!!

On your first point...ruck. Try Kreuzer as a sole ruck with help from Casboult and watch them both improve. Casboult averaged 1.5 a game last year, guess what role he was playing compared to this year. His best game this year, 11 marks, 7 contested, 3 goals vs Collingwood, guess what role he played there. Both forward and ruck. Having the 2nd key forward then just opened up the 50. Play him in the old "Leigh Brown" role as he'll do ok. Play him one out key forward stuck deep forward and he'll struggle. He was pick 150 essentially after all. Kreuzer is always alot better as a sole ruck. Soon as he shares he 50% less effective. When we play two rucks it'ss like having 17 men on the field as both are crap when not on the ball. To get the best out of players, hence the team, you need to play them to their strengths.

Everitt surprised me with his selection. Our best results have been with two key forwards this year. Allowed us to kick goals as there was more space n the 50. Defence has to spread as they have to focus on two of them, not one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

In the start of the 3rd quarter, the centre bounces really assisted them and they kicked the first 4 goals. The umpires finally realised and started to throw the ball up rather than bounce and then we got a run on when it was 50/50.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Pafloyul wrote:
Rexy wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pafloyul wrote:
Rexy wrote:

You win

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:13 am 
Rod Ashman

Jez1966 wrote:
In the start of the 3rd quarter, the centre bounces really assisted them and they kicked the first 4 goals. The umpires finally realised and started to throw the ball up rather than bounce and then we got a run on when it was 50/50.

It was honestly disgraceful.

Just f#n throw the ball up

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:28 am 
Wayne Johnston

jim wrote:
ryan2000 wrote:
PROS:-

Cripps. Total man-crush! I said the other day he's every chance to go back-to-back B&F! What a ripper.
SOJ - LOVED that chase down. He's young, but averaging a goal a game. Keep going buddy!
Buckley - I reckon he belongs in this team.
Bokehurst - Nice. That's what we want. Not perfect, but is giving it a go! Keep it up.

Ruck - Can we continue to play Phillips and Kreuzer in the same side? I just don't think the 2-ruck combo works. Kreuzer though, is starting to string some games together. Maybe try him as a sole ruck? Perhaps he doesn't have the fitness? I don't know.
Levi - I said at the start of the year that minimum 30 goals would be a pass mark. He's nowhere near that. Just don't think he offers this team anything.
Everitt - Does bugger all, gets dropped. Shows brilliance in VFL, gets promoted back to seniors and then does bugger all again! It's like a freaken merry-go-round!
- FREE KICK HAWTHORN!!!!

On your first point...ruck. Try Kreuzer as a sole ruck with help from Casboult and watch them both improve. Casboult averaged 1.5 a game last year, guess what role he was playing compared to this year. His best game this year, 11 marks, 7 contested, 3 goals vs Collingwood, guess what role he played there. Both forward and ruck. Having the 2nd key forward then just opened up the 50. Play him in the old "Leigh Brown" role as he'll do ok. Play him one out key forward stuck deep forward and he'll struggle. He was pick 150 essentially after all. Kreuzer is always alot better as a sole ruck. Soon as he shares he 50% less effective. When we play two rucks it'ss like having 17 men on the field as both are crap when not on the ball. To get the best out of players, hence the team, you need to play them to their strengths.

Everitt surprised me with his selection. Our best results have been with two key forwards this year. Allowed us to kick goals as there was more space n the 50. Defence has to spread as they have to focus on two of them, not one.

Jim, I don't think anyone has anything against Casboults work when he gets outnumbers playing deep forward. We understand the way we bring it down doesnt help him. It is his work when he comes up to the wings to provide an outlet. It is terrible. He doesn't have anything going for him in that situation except possibly creating a spoil and hoping it goes out of bounds. Defensively in that situation he is useless.

Kreuzer was quite good inside the forward arc yesterday. Easily as good as Jones. Playing like that the team has the structure you desire. K needs to become a better forward to play in the AFL as his days are numbered as a ruckrover due to his durability. He knows this now and will put in the work and adjust his mindset.
Bolton clearly likes him in the 22 and wants him to play forward like he did yesterday and hopefully better with confidence.

I agree with the structure you want. Hard to argue given the results. I just think the resting ruck at the moment is equal to our next key in line. Or perhaps take Casboult out for Jones. They wont play Casboult as second ruck. Knees and a liability at centre bounces and he will never get a clear run at marks again like he did against Collingwood that time. Armchair ride.

What a last quarter by Casboult yesterday !!

Next year it is Sos Charlie and Harry so all this talk means nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:28 am 
Bob Chitty

ryan2000 wrote:

Ruck - Can we cotinue to play Phillips and Kreuzer in the same side? I just don't think the 2-ruck combo works. Kreuzer though, is starting to string some games together. Maybe try him as a sole ruck? Perhaps he doesn't have the fitness? I don't know.
- FREE KICK HAWTHORN!!!!

Reasonable pros but you cons were way harsh!!

Ruck - Are you kidding me? Plenty of us have been saying or at least thinking what you just said but they were only just shaded 31 to 33 in the hitouts vs Big Boy McEvoy and Seglar that resulted in us winning the clearances 31 to 22 and they had 22 disposals between them to 16 and 8 marks between them to 7. Phillips didn't hit the scoreboard yesterday but has shown he can. They are far from perfect but don't deserve to be on a 'CON' list re yesterday.

Levi - Yes he has impacted the scoreboard less than we all hoped for him but to say he doesn't offer this team anything is just simply wrong. Only two Blues has more marks than him on the day even tho he spent time off the ground injured and played hurt most of this second half. His 4th quarter was very good.

Everitt - I couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am 
Bruce Doull

In the last three weeks we've lost to Sydney, WCE and Hawthorn by a total of 32 points. Despite the protestations of some, I choose to see that as a positive step.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:51 am 
Horrie Clover

Heavs wrote:
Everitt laid a tackle. So that's a plus. I rewound the foxtel to make sure. Didn't have to chase, the guy ran into him, but baby steps I guess.

I am so frustrated and pissed by Everitt, it really looks like he's lazy and he decides when he will put in,
Has heaps of talent no doubt, but his work ethic shits me up the wall, I would rather play Jacksh or give McKay a look at it for the next 5 weeks rather than play a bloke who turns up when he feels like it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:52 am 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
In the last three weeks we've lost to Sydney, WCE and Hawthorn by a total of 32 points. Despite the protestations of some, I choose to see that as a positive step.

This.
I hate losing with a passion and most of you know that :lol: but I couldn't be prouder over the past 3 weeks. Next few weeks now will be interesting.......

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:01 am 
Harry Vallence

Clarko said:
"In terms of one to four-year players, we had more playing the game than Carlton and everyone talks about Carlton being a young side.

"We were actually a little bit more inexperienced than they were in the bottom end."

Clarko being disingenuous me thinks. How many 23 years old and under did we have in this team?

How many 30+ year olds did the Hawks have? 300 gamers??

Forget the non praise for the blues effort but what the hell is the crap he's sprouting?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:08 am 
Wayne Johnston

Hawthorn Attribute Carlton
188.2cm Height 188.6cm
86.3kg Weight 87.8kg
26yr 6mth Age 25yr 0mth
129.2 Games 79.3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:58 am 
Trevor Keogh

Although they beat us again, I think we got a monkey off our backs in this game. We were not bullied or intimidated by Hawthorn as we have been over the last decade against them. I have faith that we will beat them before 2020!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

the big plus is that bolton has shown all other afl coaches how to beat hawthorn

YOU SIT ON MITCHELL ALL DAY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

In honour of retro round would prefer someone "snotted" him rather than sat on him.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
In honour of retro round would prefer someone "snotted" him rather than sat on him.

:wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

calling the dominator.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

All those little men are clapping in time.
How did you do that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:51 pm 
Bert Deacon

we need quick mids that can run and deliver to our fwds on the lead ,long bomb game we are to predictable so the opposition set up to good game over .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next