Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:33 pm 
Ken Hands

Synbad wrote:
sen is rubbish 24 hours a day

havent listen to it in a couple of years... and even then was scant

Theyre trying to make footy interesting 24 hours a day.. in a period that it has been the least intersting in its history

rumours and the fake call in johns...

so true.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Essendon* arent going anywhere....

we had our chances

we were a cut below in talent.. but not a heap

and we battled...

in the end they deserved it.. but could have easily lost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:

Theyre trying to make footy interesting 24 hours a day.. in a period that it has been the least intersting in its history

Thankfully we're above that here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

yeah i liked asada inside info... youre right bluehammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:18 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Synbad wrote:
Essendon** arent going anywhere....

we had our chances

and we battled...

Yeah good call Syners. They are an average side. Caught Dswks napping last week, and as we showed today they are very average in the midfield. Looking at this game, We really do need to clear some of ordinary players like Curnow and Ellard. Yarran just seems to always be used in the wrong spot, or maybe he just isn't ever gonna be a great player ? Every game you come away and think, geez he shoulda been better ?

Loved work of Cripps. He is a beast inside and just a natural distributor of the footy. Byrne looked really good too, and is a great find :thumbsup:

Gotta play Watto and Buckley next week, and ditch Ellard and Curnow hopefully forever :-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:
Essendon** arent going anywhere....

we had our chances

and we battled...

Cooney pinged his hamstring in round 3, Chappy's should go any day now. Watch them fly early then collapse around finals time.

They haven't had a finals win for 10 years and somehow we have been the underachieving club, worse than all others. The lecturing from Connolly and Slobbo this week has made me sick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 am 
Craig Bradley

Essendon* & Richmond are the same for me. Neither of their game plans will stand up in finals footy. They rely too much on uncontested possession. In the H&A season you can win enough games to play finals but come finals if you can't win the contested stuff you're screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:35 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

1st time in our history that we have started 0-3 for three years straight...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:04 am 
Rod Ashman

I've got to say I loved the work of Armfield this afternoon. He featured in a number of our early goals and had a real crack time and again. Cripps was great in the centre and is going to be a player. Byrne looked the goods when he came on. They were the highlights for me.

We were too soft though. I wish we would run the lines and take the game on. Why does Murph run around in circles all the time and then look to kick the ball backwards? Why can't he run through the packs (ala Fyfe) and kick the captain's goal? Does he not have the skill or does he not want to get hurt? He is playing bruise free footy for mine. When the leader is soft the rest of the team is soft.

Jones and Casboult are just out of their depth. Do we have anyone else?

As bad as we played today if we kicked straight we would have won. What does that mean?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:07 am 
Bruce Doull

mostly they all run in circles because there is nobody ahead of them to kick to, thanks to micks mighty game plan

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 am 
Rod Ashman

malleefowl wrote:
I've got to say I loved the work of Armfield this afternoon. He featured in a number of our early goals and had a real crack time and again. Cripps was great in the centre and is going to be a player. Byrne looked the goods when he came on. They were the highlights for me.

We were too soft though. I wish we would run the lines and take the game on. Why does Murph run around in circles all the time and then look to kick the ball backwards? Why can't he run through the packs (ala Fyfe) and kick the captain's goal? Does he not have the skill or does he not want to get hurt? He is playing bruise free footy for mine. When the leader is soft the rest of the team is soft.

Jones and Casboult are just out of their depth. Do we have anyone else?

As bad as we played today if we kicked straight we would have won. What does that mean?

Could be that he has learnt off our leader Carrazzo. (Who, don't get me wrong, has been a fantastic story of effort) where as soon as you get the ball, you stop - do a 360 - run backwards, kill the play and then dispose of it. It has been shitting me for years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:24 am 
Bruce Doull

Geez there were a lot of empty seats in the Carlton bays of the southern stand...depressing

Cripps outstanding. Very good hands & agile for a big guy. Will be a player

Murphy was just a strange choice as captain. You only have to see him interviewed to notice

Should be plenty of changes next week. Hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluemagic16 wrote:
Football is simple.

Forward structure is high and long and to the advantage of the talls.

We didnt do that.

Yes, that simplicity worked so well against Richmond.
They launched 65 attacking efforts from the defensive side of the ground resulting in 27 inside 50s.
The result? 16 scoring shots and 8 goals. From memory the AFL average is about 14 points. We conceded 56 points!
Almost every Richmond goal in the first 3 quarters were as a result of Carlton giving the ball back to them.

Youre right about one thing though. Football is very simple at Carlton.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jeez we crap the bed when we get the ball. no composure, scared of contact etc ...

murphy is the worst offender, carrots, curnow and as most others are as well. just terrible disposal, not because their skills let them down, but their heart does.

i bet they train the house down and never miss a target in thursday's run through's ... but once the bullets are real on gameday, they lose their heads.

that would be frustrating to coach. guys with no heart for the battle.

in saying that ... there seems to be no structure or drilling into the players this structure. Watch when we turn the ball over and we attempt to slow the other team down. Players have no clue what they should be doing.

Some zone off and enter an empty space, leaving their man free, while others leave the zonal space and pick up a man. I'm not sure how many times the commentators said it was too easy and wide open spaces for Essendon* y'day, but it musta been around a dozen or so times.

Ellard can't play and another game for the navy blue again. period. And only one of curnow or carrots should be picked.

Byrne, Cripps & Buckley should play if they're fit.

not sure who's going to replace Yarran for the next coupla weeks. It's always the way but, we get walker back and inject Byrne into the action and as we start to get some run back into the team, yarran goes down.

although his left hook, and putting chapman clean on his arse was worth the 2-3 weeks it'll cost him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blues21 wrote:
Synbad wrote:

so true.

Agree, haven't listened to that crap for years

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:09 am 
Adrian Gallagher

CK95 wrote:
Geez there were a lot of empty seats in the Carlton bays of the southern stand...depressing.

Thought that also, was there anyone in the heatley stand section yesterday? Round 3, our 2nd home game of the season against a hated rival & we can't crack a crowd of 60k even!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:18 am 
formerly Fevola

Game plan. Essendon* ran through the middle all day. We pushed players back so they had a free easy run to their forward 50. If we do get the ball we run around the boundary, to find our players running out of puff trying to run the other way.

Just useless, and frustrating.

Granted the players are lazy, but an ordinary player can be made to look decent with a good game plan and structure.

Same shit different year......... Blah blah...

Nothing gets done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If we freed our senior citizen carrots from tagging, and used him in a different way..say small crumbing forward
is that a scenario that has any merit footy heads?
(yeah, I know we need a gazillion taggers according to Malty,but hey...if we didn't..)

just a thought.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:35 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Yarran gets my three votes after seeing the photo of Chapman on his knees.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
If we freed our senior citizen carrots from tagging, and used him in a different way..say small crumbing forward
is that a scenario that has any merit footy heads?
(yeah, I know we need a gazillion taggers according to Malty,but hey...if we didn't..)

just a thought.

Ease up crazy girl.

We went from 4 tagger to 3 this week and subbed Curnow out for the last 1/4 and a bit.

That left us with only TWO run with/tagger types. ONLY TWO for a quarter and a bit , radical stuff.

I think we'll need at least 8 this week to get the team back in balance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next