Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 321  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 pm 
Robert Walls

...and it was a draw in the end dane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

Thought it was Barrassi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:13 am 
Robert Walls

Murray Weideman from Collingwood wrestled a bit

Those ropes are a bit close to thqt brick wall. Was WORKSAFE around in those days.

I suppose they are all over the place today but are comfortable with sportspeople being used as lab rats in the work place

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:16 am 
Harry Vallence

I always preferred Wayne Weidemann myself. I think it was the hair.

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/collingwood-hope-mick-malthouses-record-breaking-game-in-round-5-will-help-mend-fences/story-e6frf3e3-1227133365922

Quote:

COLLINGWOOD says Mick Malthouse’s record-breaking Round 5 blockbuster could be a chance to mend broken relationships after his turbulent departure from the club.

Malthouse nominated the Pies as his opponent when he breaks Pies legend Jock McHale’s 714 game coaching record in Round 5.

It will allow the Blues to pack out the MCG but also celebrate the achievements of both McHale and Malthouse in what the Pies hope will be the biggest home-and-away game of the year.

The Pies have relinquished their claim to hosting the first home game between the sides this year to allow the Blues to celebrate Malthouse’s milestone.

“We said it should be Carlton’s home game. We want to make this the biggest game of the year. There is no reason why everyone won’t get behind it. There is a little bit of controversy about the numbers and records, but that is something the AFL runs and we are guided by them.”

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Filth will be happy with this result! :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

Aaaarrrgghh
And notches

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 7134775170

Quote:
CARLTON president Mark Logiudice says he is “not a big fan of contracts” and has indicated coach Mick Malthouse could be offered continuing employment when his deal with the Blues expires at the end of next season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/carlton-could-offer-mick-malthouse-continuing-employment-when-his-deal-expires-in-2015/story-e6frf3e3-1227134775170

Quote:
CARLTON president Mark Logiudice says he is “not a big fan of contracts” and has indicated coach Mick Malthouse could be offered continuing employment when his deal with the Blues expires at the end of next season.

Making the right noises
I agree with the contract basis
But will Mick
In regards to no more quick fixes that's sort of a contradiction as they went and drafted 4 blokes who have been in the system for 2-4 years instead of going from ground up.
It also screams loudly that they are not expecting a quick rise up the ladder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

I think it's a sound recruitment strategy, makes sense especially when the age group they're filling is bereft considering the shambles of previous drafts and having exposure to the game from a more mature age bracket. Less guess work.

Can't do it with every spot on the list though, you pay a premium to get players to move clubs.

We're going to the draft with the rest though, certainly no quick fixes this year I would have thought.

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Effes wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/carlton-could-offer-mick-malthouse-continuing-employment-when-his-deal-expires-in-2015/story-e6frf3e3-1227134775170

Quote:

Making the right noises
But will Mick
In regards to no more quick fixes that's sort of a contradiction as they went and drafted 4 blokes who have been in the system for 2-4 years instead of going from ground up.

The old carlton would've taken the deal the dogs offered for Cooney. But I see where you're coming from.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stupid club identifying holes and trying their best to fix them! Should have taken 10 national draft picks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

If only we kept the pick in the 80s we have to Melbourne with Jeffy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:17 am 
Serge Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
Effes wrote:

Quote:

Making the right noises
But will Mick

Talk about a negative assessment. All evidence to date on this change in strategy (of recruiting players with 2-3 years experience) has been a successful one. Or do you feel that Docherty and Everitt have been abject failures? The football department have gone to great effort to explain that they were concerned with our list balance in terms of age profile. Do you think that they have just made this up to justify their trading direction? Or could you concede that yes they are spot on and something needed to be done to fill in the 22-24 year old gap. Lets not forget that the cause of this has been the atrocious recruiting during the ratten years, and the subsequent delisting of these players leaving a hole. Should this be ignored? so that by the time Judd is gone, murphy and Gibbs are looking to retire, that finally our "ground up "players are maturing? Or should we make a strategy (that has paid off so far) by recruiting Docherty, Everitt, Jaksch, Jones , Dick and Whiley.
This years additions are yet to be tried and yet you are being critical- what about giving them a chance? Or would you prefer to just have a speculative whinge for the sake of it?
I also would have thought that recruiting more mature bodied but still young players in on the contrary screaming that they intend to play finals sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

padre wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Effes wrote:

Quote:

Making the right noises
But will Mick

Talk about a negative assessment. All evidence to date on this change in strategy (of recruiting players with 2-3 years experience) has been a successful one. Or do you feel that Docherty and Everitt have been abject failures? The football department have gone to great effort to explain that they were concerned with our list balance in terms of age profile. Do you think that they have just made this up to justify their trading direction? Or could you concede that yes they are spot on and something needed to be done to fill in the 22-24 year old gap. Lets not forget that the cause of this has been the atrocious recruiting during the ratten years, and the subsequent delisting of these players leaving a hole. Should this be ignored? so that by the time Judd is gone, murphy and Gibbs are looking to retire, that finally our "ground up "players are maturing? Or should we make a strategy (that has paid off so far) by recruiting Docherty, Everitt, Jaksch, Jones , Dick and Whiley.
This years additions are yet to be tried and yet you are being critical- what about giving them a chance? Or would you prefer to just have a speculative whinge for the sake of it?
I also would have thought that recruiting more mature bodied but still young players in on the contrary screaming that they intend to play finals sooner rather than later.

Show me evidence that what they did last year and have done this year is a successful strategy
7 wins and a draw
If a club sees potential that dont let players go
Think about it Padre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Padre. It's not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 am 
Robert Walls

Who is the new priest?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
padre wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Effes wrote:

Quote:

Making the right noises
But will Mick

Show me evidence that what they did last year and have done this year is a successful strategy
7 wins and a draw
Think about it Padre

I dont look backwards at compromised(injuries) seasons and draw conclusions for going forward.
What I do is keep an open mind and look at the emerging trend. I like what I see. I see more maturity in the list, I see leadership starting to really emerge, I see a strategy . I see that in 2013 we got nowhere near the top sides. I see in 2014 that we were very competitive against the top sides. I see that the gap mentally, physically and skill wise is starting to be bridged. i see that we are not there yet, but I also see that we are not as far away as many would like to think. I see the players playing for each other and their coach. i see the departure of the petulant Waite as a positive. I see the axing of Robinson and Garlett (at the instigation of the leadership group) as a real positive move . I see a reinvigourated Judd as a huge fillip for Murphy and Gibbs etc. I see that Gibbs re signing was a huge boost to confidence and Morale. I see a coach that is getting the best out of many players, Murphy Gibbs Rowe Yarran etc. I see a list with flexibility and greater depth. I see that we were always having to go through some pain to get to this point. I feel that this year we will take a big leap forward.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Sydney Blue wrote:
padre wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Effes wrote:

Quote:

Making the right noises
But will Mick

7 wins and a draw
Think about it Padre

No point SB. Where Madhouse is concerned ... he can do no wrong. We need to give him a 20 year contract ... after all ... he has the runs on the board. Lets get the process right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:46 pm 
Robert Walls

BigBlueWave wrote:

No point SB. Where Madhouse is concerned ... he can do no wrong. We need to give him a 20 year contract ... after all ... he has the runs on the board. Lets get the process right.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 321  Next