Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: My Blue Blue Heart
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

If this weekend was last year I'd be rapt to be playing the Weagles, so happy I probably wouldn't care about the result. I'd just say ' gee we've done well to get this far, well done boys no matter what.' Last year my blue heart was not worn on my sleeve but tucked away deep in my soul, almost in hibernation for fear of more pain after the previous few years.

Secretly I might hope we were competitive, I might fear the blow out and a few more weeks of media ridicule. I might have a vision of our boys faces as goals soared over their sad, disheartened faces.

Last year I might have. But times change. This side is not last year's side. There was a brittleness last year, a shell easily cracked and innards feasted upon. Especially early last year. I protected my blue heart from the vultures that had gathered those last years at Optus.

Last year I would have sweated on Kouta's knee. My hopes would have plummeted if he could not play. 'There's goes what little hope we might have had' I'd think in a most unCarlton way.

But times have changes and I have thought little about Kouta's knee, knowing whoever plays will be worthy of the spot.

Last year I watched the lads thinking of what they might be like in three or so years, I'd see the gaps in the side and wonder how we'd plug them. I'd watch for signs of improvement rather than to witness the side's style of play.

That was last year, now I watch a side play such a brand of football it really takes my breath away. It has set my blue blue heart free so that beats wildly navy blue again!

Last year I would have known we would lose and it would not have hurt, well actually it would have but I would have buried it down deep and pretended a lesser expectation had taken hold of me. I would not show the disappointment to the world and I would talk about kids developing and a new coaches plan and the forgein legion.

But that was last year. Times change. None of those things are true this year.

This year, this week, I think we will win. I think our ferocity and our spirit will overcome the Weagles. I think they'll leave a little shell-shocked by what they encounter Saturday night. This is what my blue heart is telling me and this year i am listening again.

This week I demand a peformance equal to any I have so far seen. I do not care about opponents, or fast tracks or anything. We will win.

This year if we do not I shall be bitterly disappointed, I will not care a hoot about valiant efforts or tried hards or umps decisions. I think we have the group that can win this cup. I think we can finish top 6 minimum.

This year I am setting my sites high, just as I have always done (apart from the last few years). This is how it should be. It is time we demand. It is time this side produced. I think they are capable. I expect them to show it.

This year my blue heart will be back on my sleeve. It'll shout loudly, it will weep freely, it'll get angry and proud and it will be out in the open for the world to see.

Win lose or draw, this side is getting us back to Carlton and its time for me to stop the noble pretence of gentle passions and understanding. I demand success, I reckon Denis wouldn't have it any other wway.

So my heart is back, with all the pain and joy that brings. You'll see me this Saturday night sitting near the fence, my blue, blue heart beating fiercely as the lads run out to do combat once again.

Only difference is, given the past fwe years my blue blue heart will beat more fiercely and will be far stronger to the disappointments this game always delivers. This year my blue heart will dance with victory and cry with loss but it'll remain week in and week out where it belongs, beating proudly on my blue blue sleeve!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:29 pm 
Robert Walls

I didn't read it but it was long and impressive looking, as it should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

We're BACK!!!!!

And I did read it

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

ive said it before and i will say it again.

this year will be a failure if we dont make the finals

p.s. another great peace DB :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

Where's a door I can run through!!!! :twisted: :P :D :twisted: :P :D

You bloody ripper, Dannyboy :P

It is all about expecations, and the boys are lifting these every week. We turned the corner a long time ago (circa Oct 18 2003) and are heading in the right direction. GO YOU MIGHTY BLUEBOYS!!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:38 pm 
Garry Crane

Danny so true. Last year was like..."oh well, we gave it a go, or, at least we're competitive".

This year there is far more focus from the playing group. They have a real belief in themselves and each other. Something that became evident from round 18 onwards.

This is a side that now plays with purpose and direction and team spirit. Its not about the individual who is playing for his position, it's about what's best for the team and making sacrifices.

Watching Fev last night was an example of that. AS he put it, they have to stop our mid-field not the other way around! You see the commitment on the training track as well.

As the saying goes a champion team will always beat a team of champions. And we have the coaching team ready and wanting to achieve that.

2005 started for us late last year. It will be a long season and for the first time in years "I'M EXCITED". I woke up this morning thinking "We're gonna win on Saturday night - I just know it!!"

Danny, my heart's with yours. It's on my sleeve for all to see. It's big and it's dark navy and it's ready to explode.

GO MY/OUR BLUES. You are inspiring us again!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Laguna wrote:
I woke up this morning thinking "We're gonna win on Saturday night - I just know it!!!

and there is something to say about that.

destiny

call it blind faith but for the life of me i really can not see us losing on Saturday.

dont know why - but this is the most confident i think ive ever been heading towards a Carlton game.

I was confident without getting carried away against the bummers.
I was confident that we could beat the Dees
I was already thinking of West Coast when we played the Doggies.

I am confident that we will win on Saturday, not by a massive margin, but confident that we will get enough scoring chances to post a winning score.

Come on You Blues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Diz-zeee.........

look i didn't read it either but......was it a
whole lotta stuff about.......look out
we're back.........its the year of the Blue......
i'm gunna scream from the top.....type thing.....?

yes i'm familiar with that work......!

oh stop that........of course i read it........!

we all think it.....but the Dee Boy is able to put
it down for us all to.......read.....!

ya see......i have no idea........great work
our fine Irish freind......!

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:41 pm 
Robert Walls

dannyboy you are a tease....

GO BLUES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:58 am 
Rod Ashman

If any1 gets a call from Campo tell him to tell Denis to let Dannyboy give the warm speach.

NO MORE SLEEPS TO GO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:38 am 
Harry Vallence

camelboy wrote:
:D :D :D

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost